You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fattony

I will probably be slated for the following, but.....

As I see things, the SOS, and many various others, did many things in the removal of the septic cunts who used our club as a cash cow.

I myself, involved myself in more email campaigns than I care to think of, and signed more petitions to get rid of them than I did to get the ghurka's rights dealt with.

But

Can anyone please explain to me, why they (sos) seem to have taken it upon themselves to be the voice of ALL Reds?

It might just be me, but all I see these days, is SOS being the mouth piece for everyone of a Red persuasion, is this the case??????

Or is it a case that they have taken it upon themselves to be the voice?

Happy to be wrong, but I didnt realise I had signed up to letting the SOS speak for me by default.

And that isnt me saying they dont deserve a lot of credit for their part in the removal of C&A, I just dont think they should be taking the lead and taking the place of everyone, just because they are a well known/publicised group.

Apart from that, there are plenty of forums on the scene, that could easily be monitored to see the "Fans" feelings, this one in particular.

My view on this is simple

In any business the rule when dealing with the masses is divide and conquer, i might be an old sininc but these new owners have learned from the mistakes made by G&H and how successful SOS was in bringing the last owners to account.

If it was me i would be trying to marginalise any opposition regardless if i had best intentions for the club in mind or not

They seem to be doing all the right things without doing much at all if we look at the basic facts we havnt added a player to the squad that everyone knows needs to be added to yet we have agreed a sale for a player who is a first team squad regular im reserving my judgment untill we see what happens dont forget G&H bought Torres so even is we sign a big name in Jan, i still wont be convinced as to the intentions the new owners have. they will just have a tick in the plus column they will need a few more before i change my stance

One mans divide and conquer is another mans broad, inclusive representation. It all depends on your starting perspective.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As I see things, the SOS [...] did many things in the removal of the septic cunts who used our club as a cash cow.

Out of interest, what exactly are you referring to here?

Nope - only represent our members. Not anyone else.

Have never said otherwise. Constantly say this and for instance when the owners met with us they also met with other supporters separately, some who post on here.

Cheers for the reply Graham, sadly can only go by what I read, it just seems that way from various forums.

I shall sit back more now ;)

As I see things, the SOS, and many various others, did many things in the removal of the septic cunts who used our club as a cash cow.

I myself, involved myself in more email campaigns than I care to think of, and signed more petitions to get rid of them than I did to get the ghurka's rights dealt with.

But

Can anyone please explain to me, why they (sos) seem to have taken it upon themselves to be the voice of ALL Reds?

It might just be me, but all I see these days, is SOS being the mouth piece for everyone of a Red persuasion, is this the case??????

Happy to be wrong, but I didnt realise I had signed up to letting the SOS speak for me by default.

And that isnt me saying they dont deserve a lot of credit for their part in the removal of C&A, I just dont think they should be taking the lead and taking the place of everyone, just because they are a well known/publicised group.

Apart from that, there are plenty of forums on the scene, that could easily be monitored to see the "Fans" feelings, this one in particular.

They spoke up when no-one else did so people drew conclusions they shouldn't have.

Cheers for the reply Graham, sadly can only go by what I read, it just seems that way from various forums.

I shall sit back more now ;)

No problem.

I think we do suffer from time to time with members posting on sites and it looking like they are expressing the view you've mentioned but officially (Committee and any stuff we push out) and as much as we can we make it clear we don't represent anyone as you can clearly see from some of the posters on here (which isn't a pop, just an observation).

Good move with hopefully people with the best intentions getting the role.

I really really really hope that sooner rather than later that SOS put fan ownership on the back burner, because it's just not going to happen. If we can give the ownership the time and grace, to get schemes like this working. Then we can move forward as a united club.

I do believe SOS have a role in representing fans, and it's clear that this isn't exactly what SOS want. But they need to accept this compromise for the good of the club, for the time being at least.

Good move with hopefully people with the best intentions getting the role.

I really really really hope that sooner rather than later that SOS put fan ownership on the back burner, because it's just not going to happen. If we can give the ownership the time and grace, to get schemes like this working. Then we can move forward as a united club.

I do believe SOS have a role in representing fans, and it's clear that this isn't exactly what SOS want. But they need to accept this compromise for the good of the club, for the time being at least.

Wrong. Again.

This is exactly what we want. Engagement with the supporters on the issues that the supporters want to be heard upon.

A formal way into the Club to get issues heard and addressed.

What we don't want (and I assume no one wants) is for this to be a sanitised exercise in putting the naughty fans in a room and let them whinge every three months and be ignored. There's no suggestion it is that but until we see how it works then we'll know.

Supporter investment isn't going to go away and if you think the supporters' committee idea is a good one then it isn't a massive leap to see the Board with a supporters' rep on it too.

On the financial side with a new or refurbished ground to pay for don't you think it good that the Club get £30m or so injected in? Could be used for the Club in the best way possible - stadium, subsidised ticket prices, new players.

I have always been disgusted the way people have slagged SOS off, they could not do right for doing wrong!

They have always said that they only voice for there members not every liverpool supporter, but without them and everyone else who sent emails etc hicks and gillette would still be in charge.

They have done cheap travel, coaching for kids and are working in the community for the good of anfield residents. They asked questions what we all wanted to, alright they may have done things wrong but they are only 3 years old !

My personal opinion is that there should be one place on the comittee for SOS so they have one vote that way for any think that needs voting on there may be chance to ballott there members and the comittee member votes the way the union members say on the forumn.

At the end of the day the way it is going to be set up if you are not on the comittee you dont have a say this way any union members will influence on the vote !

I have always been disgusted the way people have slagged SOS off, they could not do right for doing wrong!

They have always said that they only voice for there members not every liverpool supporter, but without them and everyone else who sent emails etc hicks and gillette would still be in charge.

They have done cheap travel, coaching for kids and are working in the community for the good of anfield residents. They asked questions what we all wanted to, alright they may have done things wrong but they are only 3 years old !

My personal opinion is that there should be one place on the comittee for SOS so they have one vote that way for any think that needs voting on there may be chance to ballott there members and the comittee member votes the way the union members say on the forumn.

At the end of the day the way it is going to be set up if you are not on the comittee you dont have a say this way any union members will influence on the vote !

Horn and Halo alas. Early on they were obnoxious, arrogant and confrontational and they continue to suffer the consequences.

But

I have no connections with SOS but they speak for their membership and because they are established and credible and have a point of contact they are easy to quote or interview if your in the media

No one is going to canvas 1m reds fans to get a consenses of opinion about things Liverpool and until there is another unifying voice out there the lazy media will keep quoting SOS as the voice of Liverpool supporters whether or not SOS calim to be or not its that simple in my view

One mans divide and conquer is another mans broad, inclusive representation. It all depends on your starting perspective.

not when there is no democratic prosess in place to ellect the representatives i can see FSG appointing people of there choice as the voice of the people we wont know untill its done but i have my own view on it but these owners might be somethings but stupid aint one of them they wont want anyone who isnt on side with what they have in mind

i have my own view on it but these owners might be somethings but stupid aint one of them they wont want anyone who isnt on side with what they have in mind

Anyone trying to run a business needs to understand their customer base; this is an entirely reasonable thing to do.

What needs to happen is the individuals chosen don't allow the forum to be used as a rubber stamp for decisions the Board want to take anyway. There needs to be an opportunity for members to raise their own issues and not just comment on prescribed subjects.

Anyone trying to run a business needs to understand their customer base; this is an entirely reasonable thing to do.

What needs to happen is the individuals chosen don't allow the forum to be used as a rubber stamp for decisions the Board want to take anyway. There needs to be an opportunity for members to raise their own issues and not just comment on prescribed subjects.

That is just the point they dont have a costomer base they are like the Vatican custodiands of a religon you dont see those who are in power there asking for a consenses of opinion on the use of condoms due you but they will always claim to speak for the church

i can tell you now what will happen there will be quarterly meetings and a 2 year tenure on the posts the first one will be telling the commitee what there plans are the last one will be a cake and arse party so that will leave 6 maximum meetings where anything will be delt with

They will put into motion there fast PR set up and they will produce lots of clossy brochures listing just why season tickets have to go up by more than the rate of inflation etc etc and it will be so convincing that it will be impossible to challange the figures on the day and they will all leave like good little boys to go back to tell the fans the message

Its common practice ther will be the odd victory over Travel costs to Europe away games etc but those will mainly be cosmetic this is a vehicle to diseminate information to the major fans groups keeping them on side trying to avoid the media mistakes of the last owners

just my opinion but i would be supprised if i was that far wrong and i am not knocking the owners BTW just once bitten twice shy

• 12 years later...