You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that response proves my point we all see different things when we look

you see 18 leagues and 5 European Cups

I see 5 past 6

you see spastic

I see guilty mind

and just for the record i never once said SWP was the answer to are problems just that wide players with pace is something that we dont have in the squad ie Johnson SWP Young but i presume by not singleing out either of the other 2 players mentioned you would be happy with those ?

I think that response proves my point we all see different things when we look

you see 18 leagues and 5 European Cups

I see 5 past 6

you see spastic

I see guilty mind

and just for the record i never once said SWP was the answer to are problems just that wide players with pace is something that we dont have in the squad ie Johnson SWP Young but i presume by not singleing out either of the other 2 players mentioned you would be happy with those ?

Lol. Maybe you meant it or may be you didn't. I will never know. :drool:

Anyway, Young is all right but too pricey. Want Johnson but will never get. Surprised that there is talk of him leaving.

Aston Villa steal a march on Chelsea and Liverpool with move for Le Havre's Gueida Fofana

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 10:57 PM on 23rd December 2010

Aston Villa are in negotiations to sign Gueida Fofana - a player tipped to fill Patrick Vieira's former role as France's midfield mainstay.

Sportsmail can reveal that Villa bosses have been in discussions with Le Havre since Monday in an attempt to agree a fee for the 19-year old, who captained his country to a 2-1 win over Spain in the European Under-19 Championships final in France last summer.

article-0-0C9277AC000005DC-273_468x313.jpg Proven winner: Fofana hoists the Euro Under 19 trophy aloft

The athletic 6ft tall midfielder was in the sights of Liverpool and Chelsea at the start of the season but is on the verge of joining Villa after Gerard Houllier stole a march on his Barclays Premier League rivals.

Aware that Fofana is out of contract at the end of the season, Houllier moved in with an offer of around £800,000 up front, with a sell-on clause entitling Le Havre to 20 per cent of any subsequent transfer.

Read more: Aston Villa steal a march on Chelsea and Liverpool with move for Le Havre's Gueida Fofana | Mail Online

Kop to test Stoke resolve with a £5m Huth bid

Published 23:00 23/12/10 By Football Spy

.jpeg

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is lining up a £5million bid for Stoke defender Robert Huth.

Hodgson will test Stoke's resolve to keep Germany international Huth with an offer in the New Year as he bids to solve a defensive crisis.

Liverpool will be without Jamie Carragher until February while Daniel Agger has struggled for most of the season with a calf problem.

And Huth - who is nicknamed the Berlin Wall - will be targeted to strengthen the foundations of Hodgson's back line.

The 26-year-old has impressed at the Britannia Stadium since a £6m move from Middlesbrough last year.

Hodgson has been a long-term admirer of the former Chelsea star and is preparing a bid next month

Read more: Transfer news: Liverpool to test Stoke resolve with a £5m Robert Huth bid - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Utrecht technical director Foeke Booy says Celtic have emerged as favourites to sign midfielder Michael Silberbauer, despite interest from Everton, West Brom, Bolton and Fulham. (the Herald)

With a name like that, he should be working for Celtic, or as a priest, or be in a Vietnamese prison.