You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kop Faithful meeting with new owners

dave u

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss

Excellent points raised there, I don't know if I'd prefer to stay at Anfield though, it really depends on the cost of a new stadium, how the debt is structured and how much we'd get for naming rights. On the expansion of Anfield it would depend on how it was done, I'd like to see synergy between all stands instead of completely separate projects like we have currently.

Well done yet again ATK.

If it is to be a new stadium I wonder if they will stick in a sports bar like they did in Fenway, from what I have read that actually makes a shed load of cash even in the off season, could work over here aswell I guess with all the Football, Rugby, Athletics, Golf, Cricket etc all year round!

NESV will obviously carry out some comprehensive research into the options available, I just hope that these are published and consulted on so that the fans, council and most importantly the surrounding community can have a meaningful input. Which ever option goes ahead must be coupled with a decent regeneration project and be able to generate the most income possible.

Personally I wonder if building a new stadium will make it easier to develop it into a multipurpose venue that can generate an income and provide a service to the community even when there isn't a match going on.

Fuckin great work Al. Brilliant to see that what started from a few emails off a few people on here has grown to this, meeting our new owners, in just a few of months. No one can be in any doubt that the email campaign worked as much as anything, fat head Hicks even said so himself.

Also, fair play to NESV. They said they wanted to listen and speak to the fans and they have done exactly that. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and my faith will turn out misguided, but I get the impression that this lot will not fuck around with us. They've seen the level of hatred against the other two clowns, and they've saw what we can achieve through direct campaigns. I honestly believe they wouldn't come in and risk the wrath of a support which is already sensitive after 3 turbulent years. The one promise Henry has given is that this will be know LBO, and that speaks volumes. They know that the best way to increase the value of their product is to invest and create a successful team and business. £300m could prove a steal and the club could quite easily treble in value with investment in a successful team, stadium, and business.

If it is to be a new stadium I wonder if they will stick in a sports bar like they did in Fenway, from what I have read that actually makes a shed load of cash even in the off season, could work over here aswell I guess with all the Football, Rugby, Athletics, Golf, Cricket etc all year round!

Definately. If they put competetive prices together for ale then they won't be short of customers no doubt.

Thanks for the update mate.

Not sure I agree with all of your statements, especially the one about the naming rights for the stadium. I wouldn't be happy with the club whoring itself to anybody for the dough and I'm sure a lot of other supporters feel the same way.

Good point about tickets and sections in the ground for the kids. That's going to be increasingly relevant for every club if they want to avoid losing kids completely to Facebook and Xbox.

Were you meeting to represent the views of those directly involved with Kop Faithful or those of supporters?

On the issue of naming rights, while none of us want it in an ideal world, I've always held the opinion that if it's for a brand new stadium with no history, a fresh start, then I can stomach it, and it's better than having to take out another chunk of debt to pay for it, but selling the rights for an existing stadium and changing the name it has had for the past 100 years or so is a big no-no.

If the owners decide a new stadium is the way forward then naming rights is going to happen, to make the project viable it is the way to go.

What is the longest repayment mortgage we could get on a new ground. I have no idea but I am guessing football clubs getting mortgages is not like us mere mortals and the length could be possibly longer. How long is the Arsenal one, anyone know.

If the owners decide a new stadium is the way forward then naming rights is going to happen, to make the project viable it is the way to go.

What is the longest repayment mortgage we could get on a new ground. I have no idea but I am guessing football clubs getting mortgages is not like us mere mortals and the length could be possibly longer. How long is the Arsenal one, anyone know.

Just my opinion but I reckon the New stadium can be done for £250m, SOS got an estimate last year and it was about that, Hicks seemed to want to use a more expensive crowd, I wonder why eh? And labour and material costs have all dropped by at least 25% in last 3 years

Anyway if total cost is £250m, and we can get a £100m in naming rights and £25m in advance season ticket(10,000 each at £800 or so a pop is £8m and corporate box sales same process could raise another £13m), it brings it down to £125m, which is less than the intrest we paid since 2007 :wallbutt:

On the issue of naming rights, while none of us want it in an ideal world, I've always held the opinion that if it's for a brand new stadium with no history, a fresh start, then I can stomach it, and it's better than having to take out another chunk of debt to pay for it, but selling the rights for an existing stadium and changing the name it has had for the past 100 years or so is a big no-no.

Let's be honest Jonny , we'd all still call it Anfield anyway.

The only ones who'd call it by the new name are commentators & journalists.

Have no problem selling the naming rights - just makes financial sense. More concerned that we do it to the right company who share our values.

Especially if it is a new stadium, as that won't be called Anfield anyway - or it shouldn't be.