You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A groundshare rearing its ugly head again

ritchie

Even if we get new owners, the groundshare would still be a viable option. Think of the money we have pissed away in interest payments of late, if somebody bought us outright, they would need to borrow about 350m to build the stadium so we might not be any better off. This may be a ploy of Purslow's to draw out investors. I am not saying I am right, it is just an idea.

3 years ago maybe, today it would be less than £250m with the drop in price of labour and materials

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont want to share. Imagine the shit written on the walls inside the stadium about each other.

Will just make things worse and should NEVER be considered.

"your mother's a filthy Red!!"

"your daughter hikes her skirt up for Everton boot boys!"

I s'pose that would have been the 1950s.

Kenny today:

One of the best things about having a newspaper column is the response from football fans. But I have to say to those who got a bit over-excited when I mentioned the issue of a ground-share with Everton, I was not advocating or supporting it. I think I said quite categorically that the ideal solution would be for Liverpool to have their own, bigger stadium, whether it's new or an extended version of Anfield. I was only pointing out the ground-share with Everton as one option.

Just as most of us said last week. Now can we just stop this wild knee-jerk reaction to every single report that comes in? No matter how clearly people explain what the quotes really mean, others seem intent on twisting the meaning and having yet another wild rant.

There seems to be a rallying of the troops on this now.

Two ex players, Ray Houghton, and Alan Kennedy, along with Darren Gough, have been on Talk Sport today telling us how wonderful, and how much sense a ground a ground share would make. Every fucking radio station has news piece dedicated to it today.

Not a fucking peep out of Houghton and Kennady during the whole of the fight to oust C&A, yet now it looks like we've finally got rid of them, they're suddenly telling us just how bad C&A have been for the club.

Fuck off you pair of cunts and shove your ground share up your fucking arses.

Two ex players' date=' Ray Houghton, and Alan Kennedy, along with Darren Gough, have been on Talk Sport today telling us how wonderful, and how much sense a ground a ground share would make. Every fucking radio station has news piece dedicated to it today.

Not a fucking peep out of Houghton and Kennady during the whole of the fight to oust C&A, yet now it looks like we've finally got rid of them, they're suddenly telling us just how bad C&A have been for the club.

Fuck off you pair of cunts and shove your ground share up your fucking arses.[/quote']

Fuck me if our new owners try and shove groundsharing down our throats they'll definently get off on the wrong foot.

Would it be possible that getting ex-players in on the act would be a way of softening us up.

Fuck me if our new owners try and shove groundsharing down our throats they'll definently get off on the wrong foot.

Would it be possible that getting ex-players in on the act would be a way of softening us up.

Dont know about softening us up, but there seems to be a concerted effort to bring the issue to the forefront.

I am not totally against the idea of a groundshare but the most important thing is success on the pitch wherever that may be. If the 'new' owners said we could have £250 million to spend on players with the saving from a share or reinvest in a newer stadium but have less to buy players with we may all have a difficult choice.

I am not totally against the idea of a groundshare but the most important thing is success on the pitch wherever that may be. If the 'new' owners said we could have £250 million to spend on players with the saving from a share or reinvest in a newer stadium but have less to buy players with we may all have a difficult choice.

I'll take the improvement. I'm not sharing a groubnd with them. Not now. Not ever.

Two ex players' date=' Ray Houghton, and Alan Kennedy, along with Darren Gough, have been on Talk Sport today telling us how wonderful, and how much sense a ground a ground share would make. Every fucking radio station has news piece dedicated to it today.

Fuck off you pair of cunts and shove your ground share up your fucking arses.[/quote']

Kennedy is safe to say it now. Phil Neal will be the next. Corporate freebie whores who are and always have been on the payroll of the club.

I remember some fella rang in Radio Merseyside and started slating Kennedy after he was constantly bigging Rick Parry up and he was fuming. It was dead funny. Kennedy lost it big time and the rest of the panel were laughing their heads off.

• 1 year later...

David Moyes backs an Everton-Liverpool groundshare - Mirror Online

Scouse San Siro: Moyes backs an Everton-Liverpool groundshare

Leaving Goodison and Anfield for a swanky, money-spinning new stadium would benefit both clubs says the Toffees manager

David Moyes believes both Merseyside clubs could catapult themselves back into the big time by SHARING a state-of-the-art new stadium.

But while Everton manager Moyes is keen to pursue such a controversial venture, he admits there is little chance of it happening because of opposition from the red side of the city.

Liverpool have been trying to get their plans for a new stadium of their own up and running, but the prohibitive costs mean their dream home remains just that.

Many argue that it makes sound financial sense for two clubs trying to keeping pace with the moneybags outfits at the top of the Premier League, such as Manchesters City and United, to share a stadium.

And Moyes agrees.

Despite opposition from his own club's fans, he would gladly move in with the neighbours... even though he knows Liverpool will be less keen.

"I'd take a shared stadium, because I think Everton need it probably more than Liverpool - although it's not in our culture to share stadiums," he admitted.

"But I have to say it does make sense. You could redevelop the whole area around Stanley Park, so for us it would definitely be worth it for both clubs.

"Everton, being honest, would say probably we would take it, but Liverpool not so, and that's probably where it will end up."

Everton's Goodison Park is one of the oldest grounds in the Premier League.

Its 40,000 capacity and near complete lack of hospitality facilities mean they lag massively behind clubs such as Arsenal and Manchester United, who generate vast income on match days.

It's a similar story at Liverpool, and the owners of the Anfield club recognise they must expand capacity and facilities in a cost-effective way if they are to catch up to the big guns at the top of the Premier League.

For the moment though, Moyes has less lofty ambitions.

He anticipates another summer spent searching for bargains, with the club's financial reality and a depressed economy meaning there is little cash to splash.

The Blues boss though, believes he can still achieve his ambitions at Goodison - despite being linked with the Spurs job - if only he is given even a limited budget to spend this summer.

"There's been no contact from Spurs, I'm Everton manager and I am planning for next season as that," he added.

"I'm out at the Euros talking to my players, looking at others, and me and the chairman will be trying to keep things rolling along.

"Bill's (Kenwright) not hidden the fact he is trying to sell the club and get money in to invest. We just have to keep going, keep looking for players, like Jelavic [who scored 11 goals in 14 Everton starts after being signed from Rangers in January for £5.5m], at a decent price.

"At Everton, I think we could make a difference without too much money, we don't necessarily need £50m-60m... but if someone DID give me a wad of cash I'd be delighted!"

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

In other news - Moyes backs a wife-share with Brad Pitt.

Guest davelfc

Hijacking the stadium debate to cry for players, not the first time ambitious dave has done similar. He waded into the groundshare debate in Oct 2010, then again in May 2012. Things must be getting desperate for him as he's only left it just over a month since similar comments.

They really can't get the media attention they crave unless they talk about us. Because we're news and they're not.

The person who has arguably done more than any one individual to accentuate the recent bitterness between the 2 clubs by taking every P.R. opportunity to play to the EFC gallery, to antagonise, alienate and devalue the achievements of the 'redshite', now thinks it would be great for both clubs and the community for us all to go back to how it used to be long before he turned up claiming to know all about the history of the relationship and get all friendly again.

The problem with groundshare is that no-one is prepared to lay out the case clearly- so the objections can seem tribal, blinkered and regressive.

An assumption may be that a new stadium would cost half to build, cost half to run, but generate significant extra income. If that is true, let someone demonstrate it.

Any cursory assessment of the practicalities reveals the pit falls. Why would/should Everton stump up half the up front/running cost of a stadium which will be of greater benefit to us than them, as we are the bigger commercial and attendance pull? If, as would seem reasonable, Everton take a junior share, they become the junior partner and effectively revert to tenant status – would they accept that? They also will have become effectively, an investor in our new stadium, with us calling the shots. When the reality dawns I don’t think their fans would accept it.And that is before the day to day practicalities are considered.

It is possible that a new shared stadium, plus associated developments with UK public and Euro grants could provide an attractive answer for us and Everton. If so- let’s hear it. However, there is also the issue of tenure, if the clubs are not the freeholders there is also the issue of not being able to raise money against a freehold asset ( at Stanley Park we would still retain the Anfield Plaza freehold).

As it is there is a paradox. The anti- groundshare argument is too often presented as “because”. But the longer that neither Everton nor ourselves move/redevelop, the greater the likelihood that the economics of groundshare will become attractive.

What all this goes to demonstrate is how badly the fans, and community, have been treated by the Club in this debate. How much would Stanley Park now cost? What are the specific redevelopment proposals and what needs to be done to realise them? What are the specific economics and practicalities of groundshare?

We should be told.