You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Argentina v South Korea

Guest Pistonbroke

Guest Pistonbroke

Looking forward to this game. :yes:

Argentina with their stars against a well disciplined and fit South Korean team. With the South Koreans having three points in the bag i can see them going for this in a similar manner as to how they approached the Greek game. They won't be frightened to throw people forward and the Argentinians will attack anyway. Has all the ingredients of a decent game. Think the Argentinians will sneak it by the odd goal but i wouldn't be surprised to see a 2-2 draw.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else's wallchart have France Mexico down for 12.30? How dare they mess with our minds!

Really looking forward to this one though, i'm hoping both of them attack eachother and it could set up a classic.

No one fucks with a wall chart.

Looking forward to this one myself; I'm hoping that the Uruguay performance yesterday heralded the real beginning of this drab World Cup. More goals please!

This game really could throw up plenty of goals. It remains to be seen what formation Crazy Diego will play; I doubt even his players are fully aware of what he tells them, the mad bastard.

I'm going for 3-2 Argentina.

As already mentioned, Maxi will play as Veron is out. I am curious as to how Argentina will line up. Maxi is an outlet as opposed to a player who can find an outlet, as Veron does. That's not to say he lacks this ability, it's just that it's not his key ability.

Out of interest, Argentina were very quick to ditch their 3-3-1-3 formation when they sacked Bielsa. Admittedly it wasn't a system used by other coaches like Pekerman, but strangely it is the one that best suits the players at their disposal at the moment. They lack proper full backs,and don't have guys with the required attributes of a modern wing-back. Put simply, Jonas Gutierrez doesn't come anywhere near Maicon, Alves or even Johnson. They have an abundance of attacking midfielder/strikers, as well as decent target men, so are spoilt for choice in the front 4 positions of that system.

Got to love Diego!

Diego Maradona had another go at his only rival for the position of the greatest footballer of all time yesterday. "Pelé should go back in the museum," he said when asked during a press conference about the Brazilian legend's recent claim that Maradona only took the job of Argentina's head coach because he needed the money.

Not much surprise there, given that the feud goes back years. But then, as if wanting to give better value for the question, he also let fly at Michel Platini, another of history's great No10s and, this time, one whose playing career overlapped with his own. "I always had a distant relationship with Platini," he said. "It was 'Hi' and 'Bye', never more than that. But we know how the French are and Platini is French. He believes he's better than everyone else."

Platini, it turned out, has been questioning Maradona's qualifications for his present post. "As a coach, he's a very good player," the president of Uefa observed last week. "He has very little experience, and Argentina's qualifying campaign was not good."

Maradona, who's Argentina team face South Korea tomorrow, could not resist scratching the itch again a little later, when asked about the problems experienced with the Adidas Jabulani ball. "Everbody's talking about it," he said. "It does play a part and it is important. I would ask Pelé and Platini to go out and try this ball and see if it's any good, and stop talking about me."