You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our new chairman

BRAP

I can't come to the match on Sunday and show any of that emotion because that would be very disrespectful to the Liverpool faithful.

Actually tomorrow is a one-off opportunity to do it. Anyway, it's nice to see someone at the top of the club being honest for once.

'Why I'm missing Chelsea game' - Liverpool FC

Dont really know how to take that,what happens next season when we play them!!!!!!!! its more fucked up than I thought.

What a load of shit from 'our' chairman.

Plenty of people in football support another team while working for a club. Nearly every player does it.

I cant get my head around this, is he our chairman or not? He should be at that game in his professional capacity. What would he do if it was a European final, stay away!?

He knew this scenario would crop up at least twice a season when he was offerred the role or did he forget about this? Bet he's happy to turn up at shithouse bridge when we play down there too.

Jesus, you couldnt make this up.

Plenty of people in football support another team while working for a club. Nearly every player does it.

I cant get my head around this, is he our chairman or not? He should be at that game in his professional capacity. What would he do if it was a European final, stay away!?

He knew this scenario would crop up at least twice a season when he was offerred the role or did he forget about this? Bet he's happy to turn up at shithouse bridge when we play down there too.

WUM on display.

You seem to think he's a permanent appointment, despite him clearly putting on record the specific role he'll be taking on. He also said a few weeks ago that he won't come to this game. Why do you even care so much if he's there or not? Were you happy that the previous co-chairmen turned up to fixtures in their "professional capacity"?

WUM on display.

Kiss my ass!

You seem to think he's a permanent appointment, despite him clearly putting on record the specific role he'll be taking on. He also said a few weeks ago that he won't come to this game. Why do you even care so much if he's there or not? Were you happy that the previous co-chairmen turned up to fixtures in their "professional capacity"?

Not at all. But he's been appointed chairman of LFC. He doesnt have the right to pick and chose when he represents us.

You seem to think he has. Weird! But if that's your point of view so be it.

To me, he's full on chairman of LFC until he's no longer wanted or replaced.

And why do you ask stupid questions about the owners? No I wasnt happy they are in charge of the club. Now I know your next retort is going to be well why's it ok for them and not the current chairman.

And the answer is, because he's been supposedly brought in to present a different face for the club and to act as its chairman while trying to get a sale.

He's appointed so he should be here.

Kiss my ass!

Not at all. But he's been appointed chairman of LFC. He doesnt have the right to pick and chose when he represents us.

You seem to think he has. Weird! But if that's your point of view so be it.

To me, he's full on chairman of LFC until he's no longer wanted or replaced.

And why do you ask stupid questions about the owners? No I wasnt happy they are in charge of the club. Now I know your next retort is going to be well why's it ok for them and not the current chairman.

And the answer is, because he's been supposedly brought in to present a different face for the club and to act as its chairman while trying to get a sale.

He's appointed so he should be here.

He's appointed to SELL the club - nothing else. His presence isn't required as Purslow still has a role at the club. It's to his credit that he is being honest about his loyalties. As a football fan you should be able to empathise with him. You wouldn't go to watch Man U v Sunderland with your Manc supporting colleagues would you?

If he does a great business job for us and gets us sold to a decent owner then he has done more for us than any 'custodian' has done in 20 years.

Your pathological desire to be controversial does you no favours.

He doesnt have the right to pick and chose when he represents us.

I'd like to see where it says that in his agreement. I'm not particularly fussed if the club chairman chooses not to attend games. This only bothered me with the leeches.

Now I know your next retort is going to be well why's it ok for them and not the current chairman.

How long do you think he's going to hang around to fulfil his intended brief? Long enough for this scenario to crop up twice per season?

He's appointed to SELL the club - nothing else. His presence isn't required as Purslow still has a role at the club. It's to his credit that he is being honest about his loyalties. As a football fan you should be able to empathise with him. You wouldn't go to watch Man U v Sunderland with your Manc supporting colleagues would you?

If he does a great business job for us and gets us sold to a decent owner then he has done more for us than any 'custodian' has done in 20 years.

Your pathological desire to be controversial does you no favours.

I'd like to see where it says that in his agreement. I'm not particularly fussed if the club chairman chooses not to attend games. This only bothered me with the leeches.

How long do you think he's going to hang around to fulfil his intended brief? Long enough for this scenario to crop up twice per season?

You both are happy for someone appointed chairman of LFC, whatever their brief is, to pick and chose when he wants to represent the club at games.

I dont think that's reasonable. He should be professional. He should represent our club at all times while he's our chairman.

As for how long would he hang around, I dont know, But while he's here he should act like what he's supposed to be, our chairman.

He's not really our Chairman in the true footballing sense of the word though is he?

At least he's being honest and not sat there with his scarf pretending he cares:

gilletthicks595.jpg

I dont see why people compare him to those two who are totally discredited. This guy is supposed to be presenting a different face of LFC. Only he presents that face when he chooses!

I suppose honesty is the best policy, but it says little for him as a professional.

I don't see how it says anything about him as a professional. If some of our suitors were here he should be here playing the host, but if not there is no job for him to do, other than an empty PR showing. I'd rather he left the empty gestures and told us the truth.

as for bolshiebollocks, who is he meant to be representing the club to? Everyone knows the score with his appointment.