You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackburn (H)

sir roger

Surely that would apply to Maxi, who's had even less time to adjust?

Is it not possible that both have had minutes and the manager deems one better equipped to make the change quicker than the other?

Also wide left or right isn't as big a role than the centre of midfield in terms of how a game is gonna go.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but you do not spend £20m on an injured player when we're financially wankered; tell everyone he's better at certain things than the player you've just sold for £30m; continue talking him up when he's out for a month longer than you said and then - when you finally have him at your disposal - utilise him in this way. It's ridiculous.

I seriously doubt he was scouted (not that it'd matter given who's in charge of that).

Like I said I appreciate the bemusement but we know nothing.

The why spend most of our summer budget on this player who Rafa thinks isn't up to scratch with the English game yet? He didn't even play him against that Romanian pub team the other night which wasn't an ''English game''.

I dunno mate, I really don't. I'm just guessing at things here, trying to work it out rather than just saying we've fucked up on him.

As said above though I don't think Rafa thought this until after he'd played a couple of games for us.

Is it not possible that both have had minutes and the manager deems one better equipped to make the change quicker than the other?

Also wide left or right isn't as big a role than the centre of midfield in terms of how a game is gonna go.

If it's like that, he should have sold Aquilani in January.

He'd had minutes before then and if Benitez felt he wasn't going to adjust quick enough, if at all; there's no point in trying to persist, surely?

I dunno mate, I really don't. I'm just guessing at things here, trying to work it out rather than just saying we've fucked up on him.

As said above though I don't think Rafa thought this until after he'd played a couple of games for us.

You don't think Rafa thought this until after he's played a couple of games for us!?!?! We are paying this man 5m quid a year to know how signings will fit into his teams so that would be kind of recklessness on his part wouldn't you think?

If it's like that, he should have sold Aquilani in January.

He'd had minutes before then and if Benitez felt he wasn't going to adjust quick enough, if at all; there's no point in trying to persist, surely?

Depends really. If the manager still believes in the lad and believes when up to pace will be a proper good addition for the side then yeah there is a point. If the manager doesn't then no it wouldn't. Just look at the likes of Keane as proof that Rafa will move on if it doesn't work out or he feels it ain't the best for the club.

Tell you the truth i couldnt give a fuck latley,as a fan of 25yrs benitez and them two cunts have drained my hopes and love for liverpool fc ,20 mill what a fucking wast chuck in 10 for bable and theres 30 mill of complete shit off benitez ,i wouldnt let him buy my fucking shopping from asda

You don't think Rafa thought this until after he's played a couple of games for us!?!?! We are paying this man 5m quid a year to know how signings will fit into his teams so that would be kind of recklessness on his part wouldn't you think?

What I meant was to be this far off.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together here and not sure what I'm getting. Aquilani in the time he's had on the pitch has looked vastly off the pace. And Rafa has not looked, as far as I'm aware, to move him on so must believe he's still got enough there to keep him.

Depends really. If the manager still believes in the lad and believes when up to pace will be a proper good addition for the side then yeah there is a point. If the manager doesn't then no it wouldn't. Just look at the likes of Keane as proof that Rafa will move on if it doesn't work out or he feels it ain't the best for the club.

But then you look at some of the performances we've had from the likes of Kuyt and Lucas (both sound today, by the way) and that really becomes irrelevant.

But then you look at some of the performances we've had from the likes of Kuyt and Lucas (both sound today, by the way) and that really becomes irrelevant.

No it doesn't. It would if you was in charge but if Rafa had the same opinions on them 2 as yourself, they wouldn't be here.

Can you explain how Lucas was "sound" today. He works hard but offers absolutely nothing. He can't pass, can't tackle, doesn't shoot, creates nothing.

What does he contribute?

Can you explain how Lucas was "sound" today. He works hard but offers absolutely nothing. He can't pass, can't tackle, doesn't shoot, creates nothing.

What does he contribute?

The ball threw that should have led to the 2nd if Nando was fully fit and eventually did when Maxi was aware to pull it back.

Boss tackle on Andrews, I think, 2nd half an all.

What does he contribute?

Nothing at all but he was less annonymous than he has been lately.

What does he contribute?

Well he can obviously pass, he just hardly ever does anything impressive with his passing. He can tackle as well, it's just that he makes stupid fouls.

Yet again, it comes down to the signing of Aquilaini because it should have been him coming in as the 2nd central midfielder next to Masch and nothing would have had to change.

I refer you to my last few posts in this thread fella. Aquilani can't and won't defend so should not be playing in a role which demands it.

EDIT: Maybe that's part of your point on second reading!

I refer you to my last few posts in this thread fella. Don't agree at all: Aquilani can't and won't defend so should not be playing in a role which demands it.

I didn't quite say everything i meant. Really i meant that, that signing should have been the one that came in in front of Lucas. I agree with you about Aquilaini definitely.