You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackburn (H)

sir roger

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree mate and wouldn't be surprised if we sell him in the summer for around £20m.

At the time of it becoming clear Alonso was off i wanted us to sign Defour as it thought he would be perfect for us and would cost around £15m.

He is currently suffering from a long term injury and getting tapped up (allegedly) from the mancs.

I would be surprised, very very very surprised if we get anything in the region of £20m for him.

No he's not but hes blown over £70m on some of the worst players ever to play for us since Athens, thats not including the Decent ones Torres, Mascherano, Johnson. had he even got 2 decent players from the £70m pissed away on the shite and we all know who I'm on about we'd be challeging like we should be, the same time he sells the likes of bellamy so he could buy babel ffs I would never trust him with another penny and if people think he's doing a good job then there ignorant or just plain stupid.

From what we have seen of Aquilani (which granted is little) he looks to struggle with the pace of the Premiership.

The slow tempo in Italy is more suited to his style and therefore teams will be willing to pay the money to take him there if it seems he is over his long term injury.

The 20 million EURO transfer fee is broken up into the following:

- 4 cash instalments of

- - 5 million EURO upfront

- - 3 million EURO by 4th January 2010

- - 7 million EURO by June 30th 2010

- - 5 million EURO by June 30th 2011.

Further Add ons include:

- 300,000 EURO for every year Liverpool qualify for the Champions League from 2010/11 to 2014/15

- 250,000 EURO everytime the player reaches 35 appearancs, 70 appearances, 105 appeances and then 140 appearances.

- 1 million EURO the first time Liverpool either wins the Premier League or Champions League by 30 June 2014.

- 5% of any future transfer fee will be paid to Roma.

We're on an economy drive - Rafa is under orders not to play Aquilani to save money.

Can't think of any other logical reason for him not playing.

From what we have seen of Aquilani (which granted is little) he looks to struggle with the pace of the Premiership.

The slow tempo in Italy is more suited to his style and therefore teams will be willing to pay the money to take him there if it seems he is over his long term injury.

I've said before he reminds me of Morientes, talented maybe but just not built for it.

I don't really want an argument.

If you know Valencia cost more than 15, why say 15 will get him?

I put his name down as an "example".

I said Valencia because of 2 reasons - he went for a similar amount we paid for Aquilani and Valencia wasn't injured!

If I could be bothered, I will come up with players who went for £15m. Not £14.9999999m or £15.0000001m.

I put his name down as an "example".

I said Valencia because of 2 reasons - he went for a similar amount we paid for Aquilani and Valencia wasn't injured!

If I could be bothered, I will come up with players who went for £15m. Not £14.9999999m or £15.0000001m.

2 pence is lot different form 3 million or more.

If you think Aquilani is a bad but no need to bring Valencia in to your argument.

No he's not but hes blown over £70m on some of the worst players ever to play for us since Athens, thats not including the Decent ones Torres, Mascherano, Johnson. had he even got 2 decent players from the £70m pissed away on the shite and we all know who I'm on about we'd be challeging like we should be, the same time he sells the likes of bellamy so he could buy babel ffs I would never trust him with another penny and if people think he's doing a good job then there ignorant or just plain stupid.

How could you honestly expect him to keep Bellamy after the gold club incident? He made a good profit on him didnt he?

Apart from that and the last line I agree with most of your post.

How could you honestly expect him to keep Bellamy after the gold club incident? He made a good profit on him didnt he?

Apart from that and the last line I agree with most of your post.

You have to take risks on players like Bellamy. You could make the point, "how the hell could he possibly sign Bellamy, given his past?"

He signed him, he was a good player and he should have kept him.

You have to take risks on players like Bellamy. You could make the point, "how the hell could he possibly sign Bellamy, given his past?"

He signed him, he was a good player and he should have kept him.

Spot on. And that paragon of virtue where discipline is concerned Damian Plessis is still at the club.