You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Blackburn (H)

sir roger

We are going to have to get used to the cliche 'Every game's a cup final' on the run in, but the circumstances surrounding this game tend to increase its importance.

With Spurs/Everton playing each other, Villa concerned elsewhere & City at Chelsea, there is a massive opportunity to make progress.

From memory we seem to do well at home against Blackburn & with their relatively confortable position in the division (Their result against Bolton takes the pressure of them for this game to my eyes) I feel we can win this one.

As to the team, it is all about 'The Kid' to me.

If he starts, we go Kuyt - Gerrard - Benny & Nando up top.

I personally would go to toast Blackburn & leave Lucas out & use Aquilani /

Babel as well.

Assuming Soto is still banned & Martin injured, I would go Kelly/Carra/Agger/Aurelio , although Rafa will pick Insua I feel.

I can see it being edgy early on but us eventually winning by a goal or two.

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Blackburn Rovers | Diouf risks fresh Kop wrath

Blackburn Rovers forward El-Hadji Diouf has risked the additional wrath of Anfield after claiming that it is 'not difficult' to win at Liverpool.

Ahead of Sunday's fixture between the two clubs, the 29-year-old is already far from popular with the Reds after flopping in the wake of a £10million arrival from Lens in 2002.

The Senegal international came nowhere near meeting his price tag on Merseyside and has since angered the locals with a few less-than-complimentary remarks about his three-year stay.

Diouf has now upped the ante after suggesting Rovers could easily record their first win at Liverpool since 1993 and insists he will not buckle under probable abuse from The Kop.

"It is not difficult to go there and get a result," he said.

"In England, everyone can beat anyone else. You see it season after season, a team like Watford will beat Manchester Untied even though they're are going down.

"The boos are no problem. If I didn't get that, I couldn't play. I need people to give me that.

"I am a man and I need to show to the people I am a man."

That Diouf fella's a fuckin sheeps testicle. Dirt bag.

I hope he puts out a positive team for this one. 2-0 if he does.

He might not start Torres if he didn't even give him a run out last night, so I'd say he might go with Babel, N'gog, Gerrard and Kuyt going forward.

----------Reina-------

Kelly, Carra, Agger, Insua

-------Lucas Masch,

Kuyt, Gerrard, Babel

---------N'Gog--------

May work in our favour that The Greek is still suspended and Skrtel injured as Kelly will bring more balance to the side. Babel deserves to keep his place and Yossi on the right is more suited to this one than Dirk.

I'd give Aquilani a go behind the striker with Gerrad dropping back and Lucas (who's been mostly in hiding mode for two months now) benched but doubt it will happen. Guess the actual team will be.

Reina

Kelly

Carra

Agger

Insua

Masch

Lucas

Yossi

Gerrard

Babel

Dirk

Haven't they got all sorts of problems at the back? I think we'll beat them by three.

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Blackburn Rovers | Diouf risks fresh Kop wrath

Blackburn Rovers forward El-Hadji Diouf has risked the additional wrath of Anfield after claiming that it is 'not difficult' to win at Liverpool.

Ahead of Sunday's fixture between the two clubs, the 29-year-old is already far from popular with the Reds after flopping in the wake of a £10million arrival from Lens in 2002.

The Senegal international came nowhere near meeting his price tag on Merseyside and has since angered the locals with a few less-than-complimentary remarks about his three-year stay.

Diouf has now upped the ante after suggesting Rovers could easily record their first win at Liverpool since 1993 and insists he will not buckle under probable abuse from The Kop.

"It is not difficult to go there and get a result," he said.

"In England, everyone can beat anyone else. You see it season after season, a team like Watford will beat Manchester Untied even though they're are going down.

"The boos are no problem. If I didn't get that, I couldn't play. I need people to give me that.

"I am a man and I need to show to the people I am a man."

Fucking cunt.

he's not wring though, is he?

Teh fucking cunt.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce goads Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez: You've created the new Bolton! | Mail Online

Sam Allardyce has taunted arch-critic Rafa Benitez by claiming that Liverpool are turning into the new Bolton.

The pair’s long-running feud began in August 2004 when Liverpool lost 1-0 in a bruising encounter with Bolton — their first defeat under Benitez.

The Spaniard attacked Bolton’s strong-arm tactics then and the managers became embroiled in another spat last season. That time, Allardyce, by then in charge at Blackburn, was furious at a Benitez hand gesture he interpreted as signalling that the game was all over when Liverpool had taken a 2-0 lead at Anfield

Benitez tried to clarify the issue by claiming that he was jokingly telling his players not to listen to him after they had ignored his orders and gone on to score.

Allardyce’s anger still simmers, though, and ahead of Sunday’s clash he declared that Liverpool’s recent run of hard-fought results had been achieved with the same uncompromising style about which Benitez was once so disparagin

Allardyce said: ‘He’s used all that stuff that he always says he doesn’t like — it’s ironic, isn’t it?

‘I watched them at Manchester City and they got six players booked, so he’s brought the physical side out as well.

‘If it’s a good physical challenge on Sunday then I’ll be more than happy to go down that route — although I don’t really have the players to do that like I did at Bolton.

'But they’ve had to go back to basics and the pretty stuff goes out of the window until you start winning. They have been professional and dogged enough to slowly improve over recent weeks

‘They have not been as pretty and fluid as they could be but they have done the job and got the results they needed to get back in the pack.’

Allardyce also revealed that, at the height of the pair’s dispute, he discovered Benitez had gone to referees’ chief Keith Hackett with evidence against Bolton.

Allardyce added: ‘He went as far as putting a DVD together and sending it to Keith Hackett. He doesn’t know I know that, but I do. I got on to Keith Hackett and told him I didn’t want it to influence what refs do because it was all a load of rubbish

Read more: Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce goads Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez: You've created the new Bolton! | Mail Online

i got a sneaky feeling Masch may play right back...

pepe

masch

carra

agger

insua

lucas

gerrard

aquilani

babel

benayoun

kuyt

hope im wrong, as Kelly looked okay and read on thursday, but i have a sneaky feeling rafa will play it safe, and also accomodate Aquilani into the side, with gerrard dropping into midfield.

Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce goads Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez: You've created the new Bolton! | Mail Online

Sam Allardyce has taunted arch-critic Rafa Benitez by claiming that Liverpool are turning into the new Bolton.

The pair’s long-running feud began in August 2004 when Liverpool lost 1-0 in a bruising encounter with Bolton — their first defeat under Benitez.

The Spaniard attacked Bolton’s strong-arm tactics then and the managers became embroiled in another spat last season. That time, Allardyce, by then in charge at Blackburn, was furious at a Benitez hand gesture he interpreted as signalling that the game was all over when Liverpool had taken a 2-0 lead at Anfield

Benitez tried to clarify the issue by claiming that he was jokingly telling his players not to listen to him after they had ignored his orders and gone on to score.

Allardyce’s anger still simmers, though, and ahead of Sunday’s clash he declared that Liverpool’s recent run of hard-fought results had been achieved with the same uncompromising style about which Benitez was once so disparagin

Allardyce said: ‘He’s used all that stuff that he always says he doesn’t like — it’s ironic, isn’t it?

‘I watched them at Manchester City and they got six players booked, so he’s brought the physical side out as well.

‘If it’s a good physical challenge on Sunday then I’ll be more than happy to go down that route — although I don’t really have the players to do that like I did at Bolton.

'But they’ve had to go back to basics and the pretty stuff goes out of the window until you start winning. They have been professional and dogged enough to slowly improve over recent weeks

‘They have not been as pretty and fluid as they could be but they have done the job and got the results they needed to get back in the pack.’

Allardyce also revealed that, at the height of the pair’s dispute, he discovered Benitez had gone to referees’ chief Keith Hackett with evidence against Bolton.

Allardyce added: ‘He went as far as putting a DVD together and sending it to Keith Hackett. He doesn’t know I know that, but I do. I got on to Keith Hackett and told him I didn’t want it to influence what refs do because it was all a load of rubbish

Read more: Blackburn boss Sam Allardyce goads Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez: You've created the new Bolton! | Mail Online

This diseased Dudley dick drip should receive the height of abuse from us on Sunday. He's right alongside that fucking freak Warnock with his Liverpool obsession. If Rafa had supplied Hackett with a disc of Bolton's crimes then how the fuck did the fat twat know as much? He must have approached Hackett himself. Or, more ominously, Hackett has informed the gobshite. If true this accusation drops shit on every character involved. If it's false then the obesegruppenfuhrer had better visit his brief.

This diseased Dudley dick drip should receive the height of abuse from us on Sunday. He's right alongside that fucking freak Warnock with his Liverpool obsession. If Rafa had supplied Hackett with a disc of Bolton's crimes then how the fuck did the fat twat know as much? He must have approached Hackett himself. Or, more ominously, Hackett has informed the gobshite. If true this accusation drops shit on every character involved. If it's false then the obesegruppenfuhrer had better visit his brief.

English footballing establishment briefing against strange foreign man. NEVER.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Losing to us is technically "a result" right?

:D

In which case, he's still wrong. Not only would it not be difficult, It would be impossible not to get a result.