You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paul Jones

Gav

he lived the dream- Legend

Houllier agrees to Jones move

29/01/2004 - 8:56:56 am

Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier has confirmed he will not stand in the way of Paul Jones’ move to Wolves.

The 36-year-old Southampton goalkeeper had been on loan at Anfield and looked set to extend his stay after Saturday’s Merseyside derby against Everton.

But Wolves manager Dave Jones, who also signed the player when manager at Stockport and Southampton, has offered him a two-and-a-half-year deal to move to Molineux in a £250,000 (€364,000) transfer.

Wolves need special dispensation to sign Jones before the end of the transfer window on Saturday because technically he is still on loan at Anfield, but Liverpool manager Houllier said: “All of us hold him in the highest regard and we wish him well in the future.

“He has done a great job for us but we could not stand in the way of this move.”

Guest danhaddad

Great guy Paul Jones, wish him all the best.

We need to bring in an new keeper in summer to replace Jerzy as Kirkys understudy. We could prob get good money for Jerzy. He does not inspire me with confidence, especially not in big games.

Guest Glen Buck

We could have stood in his way by actually buying him instead of letting Wolves do so, especially at that price.

Perhaps he didn't fancy playing 2nd fiddle to Kirkland?

Guest heropsychodreamer
Great guy Paul Jones, wish him all the best.

We need to bring in an new keeper in summer to replace Jerzy as Kirkys understudy. We could prob get good money for Jerzy. He does not inspire me with confidence, especially not in big games.

Big games?... Like cup finals in Cardiff??

He had an incentive to do well in that game as it was

a cup final & because of his errors aginst man ure at

home. He hasn't been good last few months, the

sooner the better big chris returns.

Guest Stormbringer
He had an incentive to do well in that game as it was

a cup final & because of his errors aginst man ure at

home. He hasn't been good last few months, the

sooner the better big chris returns.

I am not sure that at 78mph and moving around like hell we aren't a bit critical of the Robert goal. His save from Shearer was outstanding.

Never forget Cardiff!!! If they are happy to work together I think we should keep em both. Bruce was far more inconsitent. Jerzy in the 80's would have been hailed as the greatest, as would many other top keepers all of which make the odd error.

Shilton as an old man against Germany and Argentina, and as a young man against Poland come to mind.

I am not sure that at 78mph and moving around like hell we aren't a bit critical of the Robert goal. His save from Shearer was outstanding.
He fucked up for the Robert free kick and the save he made from shearer was a flashy flap. Dudek has the mental strength of an egg shell, all it takes for him to crumble is a dodgy kick or a stiff breeze and he turns into a wreck. I've seen pigeon's that flap less.

Guest Original202

Dudek is a good keeper, but he's very erratic.

Never feel really confident in him. Makes a lot of good saves (or makes what should be ordinary saves look good?) but I'd be happier if we had a keeper who could do the simple things well.

He says he's happy to stay, whether in the team or not.

Good luck to Paul Jones though. A Liverpool legend after only two games, he'll get a great reception if he plays on 26 March - hope he has a stinker though! :D