You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

If Steven Gerrard.....

Wor Horse

.....played out of his skin this summer for England at the World Cup and led them to victory by being the best player in the tournament etc etc.

Even after playing the way he has been so far this season for the remaining 4 months.

I'm not having a dig at him, because he's achieved immense things at the club and brought us forward and I love him, but he's been looking a tad out of touch lately even before his injury.

How would you feel?

Would you be:

A) Pleased for him as he's won the World Cup, reaffirmed himself as one of the best in the world and be proud as an English man (if you are one like)?

or

B) Deep down be proper proper miffed he's been shite all season and then got fired up for the world cup?

I'm not saying he's on the level that Owen is on the matter of country before club but would you actually be surprised if he had a stormer of a tournament after the surreal season we've had this year?

Just something that's been playing on my mind of late and his performance tonight reaffirmed it. I know he was coming back from a tough injury but he just seemed to lack hunger for the ball.... Maybe he knows the club's going a bit stale?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The change of environment and manager may help, so he will more than likely will improve.

Tonight was one of his worst performances in a long time and he has had some stinkers this season.

Personally, I would play Gerrard along side Mascherano with Aqiulani the attacking midfielder. That way Gerrard will give our players an outlet to pass too, rather than hoofin' it over the midfield. I am also sure whatever Lucas exactly does in this position that Mascherano does not already do, Gerrard will be able to do.

Thought he summed up this season's form in the last minute.

Ngog done well to drive down the side, played it into Stevie and he just fell over the ball, usually he'd be taking that on and driving forward into the box.

Think he'd probably benefit the most from a new manager, he'd probably be even better than before.

What a stupid question. I'd rather he turned his form around for us first of all.

If he starts performing for us then he should take that form into the world cup. I doubt very much that he could play shite all season for club, and be immense for country.

Not really a stupid question though is it?

I'd say he's more likely than not to perform better for England at the WC in the summer than he has done for us this season.

Thinking about it, it's probably not even his fault, he's the type of player that knows something's amiss, and it is isn't it? We're at a place with the manager where any recovery is impossible. We're only going to get worse.

I hope he breaks a toe stabbing home the final goal of a hat trick in our 6-0 victory against Hull on the final day of the season. Then he can have the good rest that he needs rather than spending the summer being all sweaty and patriotic playing for that shower of cunts who support fucking Ing-er-land.

In short, as Unrighteous stated, fuck the World Cup.

Not really a stupid question though is it?

I'd say he's more likely than not to perform better for England at the WC in the summer than he has done for us this season.

Thinking about it, it's probably not even his fault, he's the type of player that knows something's amiss, and it is isn't it? We're at a place with the manager where any recovery is impossible. We're only going to get worse.

I agree to a certain degree but that will be due to playing under a different manager, with better players around him.