You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

VAN DER VAART - THE 13M ANSWER FOR REDS?

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Code72 in rating Norwegian player shocker!

I actually quite like Carew myself.

Im Norwegian, and I can tell you Carew is a much worse finisher than Dirk Kuyt. He is big and strong, but he is very inconsistent, and he would frustrate us much more than Kuyt ever will. And his touch and control is worse than Kuyts.

If we sign Carew, I dont know what i`do. I would be very sad, for sure.

I dont rate him at all.......

Im Norwegian, and I can tell you Carew is a much worse finisher than Dirk Kuyt. He is big and strong, but he is very inconsistent, and he would frustrate us much more than Kuyt ever will. And his touch and control is worse than Kuyts.

If we sign Carew, I dont know what i`do. I would be very sad, for sure.

I dont rate him at all.......

No I don't want him. Would prefer Cole. Just think he's an ok target man when he's on peak form.

I'd be surprised personally. He's not the type of player that;s going to stick to a rigid game-plan. He'd do his own thing regardless i feel, he's quite a.....strong? personality. I'd welcome it like, but i'm not sure he's a "Rafa" signing.

Carlton Cole would be a decent option *pinches self*, he gives most CB's a pretty tough time and we definitely lack that kind of player in the squad.

I've read one or two interviews from him too where he's said he's been to sports psychologist and that. I like that kind of thing in a player. He knew he was fucking awful, so done something about it. Babel could take a leaf out of his book.

It is true we need an experienced back-up for Torres, but experienced and capable strikers don't usually like to be benchwarmers, as in Crouch's case.... though he is being a benchwarmer at spurs...

I wouldn't like Van der Vaart and Liverpool though... I don't feel he's the option and we have enough Dutchmen in the squad. And they didn't impress this season, everyone knows so.

Football 365's gossip column said something about us trying for Roman Pavlyuchenko and VDV on loan in January with ability to make the moves perm in the summer.

Roman isn't shit, but he needs too many chances to score, IMO... but he's tall and pretty good in the air.

Now he might be worth it.

I find it hard to believe that Tottenham would want to help the club that they are trying to beat into 4th place, though.

However they might think him as a lost cause and try to cut their losses. I dont know, given the fact that there are not that many clubs intersted in him might have some pull in the deal.

However they might think him as a lost cause and try to cut their losses. I dont know, given the fact that there are not that many clubs intersted in him might have some pull in the deal.

Yeah, if Tottenham try to recoup their fee then he'll be going nowhere for sale and they might be open to a loan ANYWHERE.

It's undoubtedly symptomatic of how shit our squad is, and how rubbish our season has been, but I find myself getting excited about virtually *any* player we are linked with, regardless of how good/ shit/ average/ unlikely they are.

That and whoever of the above linked players comes will improve us.

VDV I think would be a good signing , Cole not to sure about.

It would make a change for us to sign a forward and a left sided midfielder wouldn't it.

I don't need to worry though neither will come we can't afford them.

Roman Pavlyuchenko no thanks , but again can't afford him.

Who the bloody hell can we afford ?

Depressed even further now