You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should not get rid of Benitez before the end of the season at least, unless we plummet down the league and look in serious danger of relegation.

Yes, he's having a mare, but he's probably earned the right after a good campaign last year. I'm hoping the board review the position - coach and financial - at the end of the season, and make a decision based on the best interests of the club.

I know it sounds like an obvious statement, but I fear it may not be to the owners.

Thats it for me now, taking Torres off for Europe when he knows what our priority is. That has killed it for me. I want Jose Mourinho.

Sack Rafa and his staff pay up his 5 year contract to the tune of 20 million, plus what ever his entourage are on. Then bring in Maureen to the tune of another 5 mill a year contract plus pay all his gang.

Just ain't going to happen my friend.

Sack Rafa and take the first step towards becoming Newcastle. 6 months ago we were one of the 3 best teams in Europe. Depth in the squad is what we lack, not a different manager.

ridiculous scare mongering like that belongs in shite lying newspapers.its his squad,nobody elses.if he isnt happy with his transfer budget,why doesnt he do what he done in spain and resign?

We should not get rid of Benitez before the end of the season at least, unless we plummet down the league and look in serious danger of relegation.

I agree with this. It would take one hell of a season now for me not to want to throw the dice in the summer though, taking aside the question of our financial state. However the financial situation does mean we have to stick with him whilst he regularly achieves CL qualification, as unpalatable as that is.

Sack Rafa and take the first step towards becoming Newcastle. 6 months ago we were one of the 3 best teams in Europe. Depth in the squad is what we lack, not a different manager.

Strength in depth? You mean like having a flexible system that could sucessfully accommodate the likes of Crouch and Keane?

When chelsea sacked scolari ,they brought in Hiddink , who turned out to be a great signing for them, Abramovich obviously has good contacts,so i'm wondering who the yanks would turn to for advice.

I still think Rafa should get more time but if he doesn,t how can we trust the yanks to make the decision on a new coach when they know fuck all about football.

I know rick parry was in charge of stuff like that in the past, but purslow is just a money man isn,t he ?

Who would they ask?

It just might be better to stick with the devil you know

Pardon the halloween pun

I certainly don't want to see Rafa sacked yet. What decent manager would we be able to attract to work for those two cunts with fundings for new signings as limited as they are right now?

However; isn't it a bit ridiculous for those defending Rafa right now to use the "lack" of money Rafa has supposedly had to spend as a reason for our poor performances? He managed to get virtually the same squad minus Alonso to second in the league and nearly pip the Mancs to the title in the end.

Some people here seem to be suggesting that we should downplay our expectations now all of a sudden. Have things changed so much in the last few months that it isn't reasonable to expect second or better this season as well?

What would a reasonable season encompass this year for fucks sake? Fifth? Sixth? Can someone do up his net-spend for the last few years to see if Im reasonable to expect fourth?

I was annoyed with him for taking Torres off but I can see why he has one eye on the Lyon game. I don't want him out, the only person who could get more out of the players I think is Mourinho and there is no way we'll get him, so it is best we just get behind Rafa. Once the injured players get back we'll be fine.

I certainly don't want to see Rafa sacked yet. However; isn't it a bit ridiculous for those defending Rafa right now to use the "lack" of money Rafa has supposedly had to spend as a reason for our poor performances? He managed to get virtually the same squad minus Alonso to second in the league and nearly pip the Mancs to the title in the end.

Some people here seem to be suggesting that we should downplay our expectations now all of a sudden. Have things changed so much in the last few months that it isn't reasonable to expect second or better this season as well?

What would a reasonable season encompass this year for fucks sake? Fifth? Sixth? Can someone do up his net-spend for the last few years to see if Im reasonable to expect fourth?

just supposin he over achieved when he got 2nd last year - that actually we pay the 5th highest wages and have the 5th most expensive squad and our expectation should be 5th - if you 'expect' to finish any higher then on what basis 'because we are Liverpool' - 18 titles dont earn you a point in the league - so on what basis 'should' we expect any better?

Because our manager should be better than the other top 4? Based on experience, Wenger and Ferguson have more. Based on Talent? Well according to half of those on here he is shit - we should actually be finishing 20th

We had a whole team out injured and Torres was playing with an injury which is why he was taken off - we did not take advantage of being the better team by a mile in the first half and we paid the price - our second string and also rans aren't good enough - thats why they are second string and also rans - and he bought them because he doesn't have the money to buy 22 first team players like his rivals do - our first 11 stack up against anybodies - he bought them - our econd string doesn't

everything else on here is about agenda's that have been running all season - and it is friggin shameful - ynwa unless the shower of shite on here or 606 is anything to go by

I love the fact that Mourinho is constantly mentioned despite the fact that there is no evidence whatsoever that he could win the league without a budget massively superior to that of all other teams. He was a pathetic failure due to his inability to guide Chelsea to the title in his last full season, for fuck's sake - he had ample money to build a squad which should, in more capable and less arrogant hands, been untouchable for 10 to 20 years.

Hiddink is literally the only decent replacement I can think of, and he's too wrapped up in Russia and Chelsea to ever consider it.

just supposin he over achieved when he got 2nd last year - that actually we pay the 5th highest wages and have the 5th most expensive squad and our expectation should be 5th - if you 'expect' to finish any higher then on what basis 'because we are Liverpool' - 18 titles dont earn you a point in the league - so on what basis 'should' we expect any better?

Because our manager should be better than the other top 4? Based on experience, Wenger and Ferguson have more. Based on Talent? Well according to half of those on here he is shit - we should actually be finishing 20th

We had a whole team out injured and Torres was playing with an injury which is why he was taken off - we did not take advantage of being the better team by a mile in the first half and we paid the price - our second string and also rans aren't good enough - thats why they are second string and also rans - and he bought them because he doesn't have the money to buy 22 first team players like his rivals do - our first 11 stack up against anybodies - he bought them - our econd string doesn't

everything else on here is about agenda's that have been running all season - and it is friggin shameful - ynwa unless the shower of shite on here or 606 is anything to go by

You've logged in with the wrong account there Catch22.

How did he waste over £200 million you complete clown? He's bought Torres, Alonso, Reina, Mascherano, Sissoko, Crouch, blah blah blah. SO many players who have played well for us and done important things for us. He has bought a few duds to fill the squad for situations like this but you name me one fucking team who have a reserve team full of world class players and I'll suck your mother's dick.

Fuck you you piece of shit.

Can I just say that that post sums up all that is wrong with this forum. The abuse was totally uncalled for and you are an ignorant dullard.

How dare you have a pop at the blokes mother for having a different opinion on football transfers.

Negged

He doesn't need saking but he does need reminding of who and what he is accountable for. At the moment he has free reign over the club and is looking to me at times as though he is acting like he is a smartarse towards the fans when they give him a hard time over some of his shocking decisions so far this season.

If SOS could arrange a meet ala Lazio style for him to explain his frankly crazy choices this year then id be made up with that, I think he has had more then enough favours with regards to support from the fans to at least owe them an explanation as to why he is putting shite arse squads out in fucking league games then taking our best players off with the champions league games in mind. I'm fed up and no amount of being told about how the others will get beat more this year will wash, I want accountability