You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

I was negged in the amnesty thread for asking about the rules. Why I oughta ...

Yes, but your question prompted my warning, which, could have been interpreted as a threat and, as such, might have lead to you firing the first shot without any notice. I wouldn't have been able to retaliate.

Do you see now how you forced me into this? I didn't want to, you made me do it*.

*In case your wondering, the second I typed "man of peace" was the exact moment I started negging.

I think a lot of managers are shit and that anyone with some intelligence could do a better job after doing their badges and having a little experience. It's full of stupid past footballers that have connections but are not really up to the challenge. The competition out there is non existent and thus these failures keep getting their second chance. There are the exceptions and hence they are so sought after.

I think all basic wages in football everywhere should be capped and only the high earners achieve money through bonuses. Fuck their rights if they complained. They have nothing else to do. Why should the fans pay for their excessive lifestyles.

I think a midfield/attack of meireles, lucas, speo, maxi, dirk and luiz is better than the possible set-up of henderson, adam, lucas, downing, carroll and luiz. And i think alberto is our best midfielder after stevie.

We wont be able to match Luis suarez's aspirations and he'll leave sooner than we think.

A worry of mine also. I think we'd make a good 10 mil profit on him though. Then we can finally sign Carlton Cole and get that memorable draw at Wolves Woy Hodgson always dreamed of.

Yes, but your question prompted my warning, which, could have been interpreted as a threat and, as such, might have lead to you firing the first shot without any notice. I wouldn't have been able to retaliate.

Do you see now how you forced me into this? I didn't want to, you made me do it*.

*In case your wondering, the second I typed "man of peace" was the exact moment I started negging.

I was wondering what George W. Bush was up to these days.

A worry of mine also. I think we'd make a good 10 mil profit on him though. Then we can finally sign Carlton Cole and get that memorable draw at Wolves Woy Hodgson always dreamed of.

We got 50 for Torres. Suarez, mark my words, will be regarded as not just one of the world's best strikers, but one of the very best players. No way we are getting a 10 mil profit. If we ever have to sell this lad, provided there is no running down of contracts, we'll do it for £60 million easy.

Anyway, my contribution to this thread:

Aquilani will be majorly important for us if he stays. He's easily our second most talented player on the ball behind only Suarez.

I think we should do this :

Pay off Poulsen, Soto, Insua, Degen, N'gog, Cole. (and whoever else I forgot.)

Then get Enrique, Dann, and two strikers.

I think FSG should just take the hit with the cash. Get in touch with all the members of the group and stump up some money to make sure the rest of this month truly sees an end to the squad problems we have. With the acceptance that's it's going to cost a shitload of money, but that because it's being done now it'll all be out of the way and won't need to be done ever again.

Rather that than having players here fucking up the wage bill and squad morale to whatever degree they are doing, and also so that we get defence sorted and have no more worries at all about strikers.

• 1 month later...

I think Paul Scholes is massively overrated. He was good at drifting into the box and scored some great goals in the days of keane and beckham etc but when he moved back to playing as a proper midfielder he was mediocre. He lived off the success of all the great players he had round him. He doesn't come near the level of Gerrard.