You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Can't wait to have a drink tonight after watching that shite before.

I will mainly be drinking Hoegaarden

And Erdinger

I got bought some of those new 450ml Aluminum bottles of Coors the other day by the wife 'cos she likes the bottle so I'll have them as well.

Erdinger is a lovely drop. The Kristal especially. My missus also picked up some Coors in the aluminium. I had one the other night, was a bit tinny like drinking from a can so not sure what the difference is. Was ice cold after about 30 mins in the fridge though.

Can't wait to have a drink tonight after watching that shite before.

I will mainly be drinking Hoegaarden

664904_temp.jpg?1

And Erdinger

10-beers-you-must-drink-this-summer-erdinger-weissbier.jpg

Love these two. Very difficult to choose a favourite between the two. Is Erdinger a wheat beer too?

I went to the shitfest that is the Leeds Christmas Market in December. Full of fucking idiots and a shit oompah band but the beer I was drinking was a weissbier and was top notch. Buggered if I can remember the name of it though.

Love these two. Very difficult to choose a favourite between the two. Is Erdinger a wheat beer too?

I went to the shitfest that is the Leeds Christmas Market in December. Full of fucking idiots and a shit oompah band but the beer I was drinking was a weissbier and was top notch. Buggered if I can remember the name of it though.

Was it Paulaner Lurtzy?

Lovely that stuff.

A few pubs by me have started serving Otter, which i used to love a pint of when I lived in the South West. Lovely pint. Have drunk it the last two nights.

otterale.jpg

Also had a few pints of Harvey's Star of Eastbourne, which is a strong little brew and to be respected. Doesn't take more than a few to set you right on your way.

20110803103130_starofeastbourne500.jpg

Had several hours worth of this stuff at the pub yesterday. Lovely stuff.

Apart from the heart burn of course, and the absolutely horrendous hangover, and the fact every single potential fart is a worry.

I find I get far worse hangovers on lager compared to cider.

Farting is a real worry though mate, I agree with you there.

Wiessbier fans, get on these classy sluts:

Weihanstephan (from the world's oldest brewery):

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Grimbergen:

b_grimbergen.jpg

Franziskaner:

Franziskaner.jpg

Tucher:

05-01-19-TucherWeizenDLG2005.jpg

The wheat beer version of Svyturys:

svyturys_baltas.jpg

Etalon:

3147ade5c130a84f95c5bde834735ac5.jpg

Wiessbiers are very similar to what latin countries call Blonde beers.

Couldn't face looking at this thread yesterday, too many shots of this the night before :

crema-catalana-teichenne-16-0700.jpg

Tastes like sour milk, felt sick all day.

That's the bugger Bruce. Beautiful stuff. I'd have left a lot earlier if I hadn't been drinking that stuff. Very moreish.

paulaner-hefe-weizen_bg.jpg

Lovely Paulaner Lurtzy, when I was in Canada you could buy 1 litre ( 2 pint ) cans of Paulaner that came with a massive Maß glass to drink it in. Great stuff. I fell over and hurt my ankle after drinking four cans of it.

paulaner_massdose1_z1.jpg

Wiessbier fans, get on these classy sluts:

Weihanstephan (from the world's oldest brewery):

Franziskaner:

Franziskaner.jpg

Tucher:

05-01-19-TucherWeizenDLG2005.jpg

Wiessbiers are very similar to what latin countries call Blonde beers.

Nice stuff Franziskaner Remmie, not that big a fan of Tucher though. I am a massive fan of the darker wheat beers like the Erdinger Dunkel.

erdinger-weisbier-dunkel.jpg

Nice stuff Franziskaner Remmie, not that big a fan of Tucher though. I am a massive fan of the darker wheat beers like the Erdinger Dunkel.

erdinger-weisbier-dunkel.jpg

Top beer, that. Got through the equivalent of a small inland sea's worth over the holidays and kept going back for more. Bought out the offy on the corner and made them re-order it so I could stock up for new year's.

This is the latest addition to my list. Bit of a hop-bomb on the nose, but smooth as silk going down and deceptively strong:

st-ambroise-IPA-bottle-glas.jpg

ps, why all the fucking cider in a "favourite beer" thread? Heathens.