You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Portsmouth Away

Malarkey

Good first 20 minutes then we faded.

These are there for the fucking taking.

Fabio, Arbeloa, Dossena and Babel have all shit out of tackles. If we want this it's there for us. N'Gog is shite.

I think Dossena has looked pretty solid, and done well going forward, for a fucking change.

I really would like to see our centre forward N'Go off for the second half, though.

Not surprisingly we are fine defensively but have nothing going forward. There is no one capable of that final ball and James has been a spectator.

It is really sad but we are seeing 2 points thrown away here. I'm kind of resigned to it and have accepted it. The only way it may change is if Torres AND Alonso come on no later then the 60th minute.

It's weird, but I think it's all catching up on me. I feel depressed. Not about the match, but about everything that is Liverpool Football Club.

Good urgency about us and we are making chances. The concern is whether or not we can take them. I like the fact that we are at least trying to work the ball through them in and around their penalty area with some quick passing and movement.

The lack of attacking quality is telling though. N'gog looks as though he got this game after writing to 'Jim'll Fix It'.

Donkey Adam's Pompey have been dog crap. Our positional play has been good and at the back we have been hard and organised. Upfront we have been weak. A good platform to build on for the second half with Nando to come and do the business. Give Egg Nog another 20mins and if continues to do fuck-all, then bring on El Nino to fuck them up and send that Donkey his P45 the cock smoking wino.

Guest Ibetitsme7
Suprised with the performance in a good way, thought the team set up was wrong, but it's working quite well.

Don't quite agree with Aurelio in CM, but still.

yep, played well enough without looking like scoring

Aurelio was involved in anything good that we did, need his cool head in midfield

Dossena's run his socks off down the left, fair play to him

Yossi and Babel trying TOO hard maybe, but better than not

N'Gog reminds me of when I stepped up a level beyond me when I was playing, seems to be in the wrong position all the time, he's anywhere but where the ball is. Inexperience I guess. Wish he'd put a challenge in on their centre halves, at least make a nuisance of himself

c'mon redmen

Not surprisingly we are fine defensively but have nothing going forward. There is no one capable of that final ball and James has been a spectator.

It is really sad but we are seeing 2 points thrown away here. I'm kind of resigned to it and have accepted it. The only way it may change is if Torres AND Alonso come on no later then the 60th minute.

It's weird, but I think it's all catching up on me. I feel depressed. Not about the match, but about everything that is Liverpool Football Club.

Kinel.

Given the lineup out there, have to say we haven't done as badly as I'd feared. In fact, I think if we kept everyone except N'gog out there in the second half, and introduced one of Torres, Riera or Xabi, we'll actually go on to score a goal or two and claim all the points. Pompey are really shit under Adams.

At the back of my mind though, I've this feeling we'll get a 65th minute Kuyt-for-N'gog substitution...

If it was Wenger he'd be getting respectful comments, but Setanta have been niggling away already about Rafa - Burley seems to think Keane was scoring all the time when he played for us, and Tim Sherwood (who, apart from working for Spurs, now seems the new candidate for the most fervent anti-red pundit around) is trying to make out the team is all over the place.

yossi needs to play more centrally. and this game needs xabi. the only thing preventing us from carving them apart is the ability to move the ball fast through midfield.

if we stretch them with out width we should be able to get easy service into the penalty area. its when we try and play 10 passes in the middle of the park that the game gets bogged down.

that said, i think fabio has been excellent in that holding role.

Portsmouth really are terrible, aren't they?

Started so well, and looked as if we meant business, but it's as if the players remembered Rafa's instructions after 10 minutes and have resorted to type - safety first. And by doing so they've let Portsmouth into this. But it's nice to have a player in Agger who can build from the back.

Rafa will have to make some changes here

If it was Wenger he'd be getting respectful comments, but Setanta have been niggling away already about Rafa - Burley seems to think Keane was scoring all the time when he played for us, and Tim Sherwood (who, apart from working for Spurs, now seems the new candidate for the most fervent anti-red pundit around) is trying to make out the team is all over the place.

Agreed i just turned the volume down.... they are just trying to make out Rafa is losing it on the touch line!!

P.s to all the haters you can Neg me all you want we get 3 points today i will be a happy chappy!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

They have a point.

That team is very mixed up, but it's doing a good job, without being really clinical.

This is an incredibly poor Pompey side, and we should be looking at going for the jugular, however thanks to the lack of Robbie Keane or his replacement, we are pretty much limited as to how much time we can give Fernando Torres.

Has Aurelio ever played CM before?