You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sammy Lee

Andy M

Guest davelfc
Just amusing watching him run the pre-match warm-up

I find it more funny that he stands out there for about 5 minutes on his own. I think it's a case of him shouting to everyone 'let's go' and then they all hold back giggling to themselves as he runs out on his own.

Guest Dog Chaser

In that interview he referred to Arsenal and Real Madrid as institutions, i'm sure he meant it as establiashed organisations rather than a place for the care of persons who are destitute, disabled, or mentally ill.

'Work the press?

A new low.

Give me Sammy's simple honesty any day of the week.

I get the feeling the little fella is wasting his time here and it was nothing more than a token gesture by Benitez to bring him back. He blanks him on the bench, prefering to confide in Pellegringo.

Guest davelfc
In that interview he referred to Arsenal and Real Madrid as institutions, i'm sure he meant it as establiashed organisations rather than a place for the care of persons who are destitute, disabled, or mentally ill.

in⋅sti⋅tu⋅tion   /ˌɪnstɪˈtuʃən, -ˈtyu-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-sti-too-shuhn, -tyoo-] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. an organization, establishment, foundation, society, or the like, devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program, esp. one of a public, educational, or charitable character: This college is the best institution of its kind.

2. the building devoted to such work.

3. a public or private place for the care or confinement of inmates, esp. mental patients or other disabled or handicapped persons.

4. Sociology. a well-established and structured pattern of behavior or of relationships that is accepted as a fundamental part of a culture, as marriage: the institution of the family.

5. any established law, custom, etc.

6. any familiar, long-established person, thing, or practice; fixture.

7. the act of instituting or setting up; establishment: the institution of laws.

8. Ecclesiastical. a. the origination of the Eucharist, and enactment of its observance, by Christ.

b. the investment of a member of the clergy with a spiritual charge.

in⋅sti⋅tu⋅tion   /ˌɪnstɪˈtuʃən, -ˈtyu-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [in-sti-too-shuhn, -tyoo-] Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. an organization, establishment, foundation, society, or the like, devoted to the promotion of a particular cause or program, esp. one of a public, educational, or charitable character: This college is the best institution of its kind.

3. a public or private place for the care or confinement of inmates, esp. mental patients or other disabled or handicapped persons.

4. Sociology. a well-established and structured pattern of behavior or of relationships that is accepted as a fundamental part of a culture, as marriage: the institution of the family.

7. the act of instituting or setting up; establishment: the institution of laws.

8. Ecclesiastical. a. the origination of the Eucharist, and enactment of its observance, by Christ.

I kind of did the same thing but then realised that Dog Chaser knows that Sammy was using the correct terminolgy, but was doing his own play on words to make Arsenal and Real sound like they are full of nutters.

'Work the press?

A new low.

I get the feeling the little fella is wasting his time here and it was nothing more than a token gesture by Benitez to bring him back. He blanks him on the bench, prefering to confide in Pellegringo.

Yeah, I bet Sammy is just pining for the days of Fat Sam Allardici ... especially when we're playing the likes of Real Madrid next season. :wallbutt:

'Work the press?

A new low.

That is the biggest piece of shite I have ever fucking read in my life.

When Rafa came to Liverpool, Sammy Lee played helped him and his backroom staff settle in. Benitez wanted him to stay, but Sammy declined for a position at Bolton.

Benitez has always rated and wanted Sammy Lee, and this summer was the right time for him to come back.

That is the biggest piece of shite I have ever fucking read in my life.

When Rafa came to Liverpool, Sammy Lee played helped him and his backroom staff settle in

I don't think he did, but anyway. It looks to me like Sammy has no real input and Benitez prefers the more 'tactical' Pellegrino.

Are you the same annoying little internet warrior off the YNWA site?

God, I hate that place.

Guest Dog Chaser

Thanks for Negging me, clearly i wasn't having a joke and i actually believed that Sammy Lee refered to Arsenal and Real Madrid as havens for mentalists

Guest davelfc
Thanks for Negging me, clearly i wasn't having a joke and i actually believed that Sammy Lee refered to Arsenal and Real Madrid as havens for mentalists

Yeah it was an error, was going to PM you and point that out. Then rep you when it allows me. But if there's a dummy been thrown out of the pram....