You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed to learn that the new LOTR, War of the Rohirrim is not only animated but directed by Kenji Kamiyama which means, and my apologies if you're a fan of cartoon films, it'll probably be that godawful anime shite that the Japanese love. Sooner watch a feature length version of Captain Caveman. 

I didn't even know they were making a Borderlands film. Why is the cast so old? I remember playing the game a few years back and I always thought they were young.

I wasn't a massive fan of the game so only played the first one but the cast looks completely different. Jack Black seems the only decent cast member.

I won't bother watching it.

1 hour ago, Welsh said:

I didn't even know they were making a Borderlands film. Why is the cast so old? I remember playing the game a few years back and I always thought they were young.

I wasn't a massive fan of the game so only played the first one but the cast looks completely different. Jack Black seems the only decent cast member.

I won't bother watching it.

Yeah it'll be a shit, light-hearted type film. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I was excited for this when I heard Fede Alvarez was directed.

Initial thoughts are it looks like it might be decent, fingers crossed.

Looks decent from that trailer, and I like the premise with it being set between Alien and Aliens. Hope of a first decent film in the series since those first two brilliant films. 

‘The Convert’

Just released in Aotearoa. Saw it last week and I must say, it’s a very well made film with a timely relevance for us here, with the new Coalition Government wanting a referendum on the ‘principles of the Treaty Of Waitangi’

Lee Tamahori of ‘Once Were Warriors’ fame directs, with Guy Pierce back to his best.

• Upvote 2

An intriguing remake of the 1922 original. We’ve had the Klaus Kinski 1979 adaptation and Willem Defoe playing the actor in Shadow of the Vampyre. Defoe is also in this version as a vampire hunter.

• Upvote 2