You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

BBC headline: DIC to bid for whole club

Neil G

Not really as that would be the case with pretty much whoever bought us. The main differences are that DIC wont lie and say that this wont happen, also they will get very good rates of interest compared to G and H.

Would it? Is everyone really happy with that?

To be honest I don't like the fuck-off massive debt on the club however honest and up-front they are about it, or whatever rate of interest we're paying it off at. Why the fuck should WE be paying for someone else's takeover of our club?

Again - has anyone got a quote from DIC denying that seven-year plan?

I'm worried we're sleep-walking into this. Spose its inevitable though given that I'd rather have Peter fucking Risdale in charge than that horrible Texan cunt

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All excellent points. We are light years behind Manchester United commercially & are too soft around the negotiating table when it comes to sponsorship deals. How embarassing was the whole re-negotiated Carlsberg deal which is worth less than a mediocre club like Spurs' deal with Mansion House. We need to make radical changes to the way our club is run.

To be honest, though, our fans are worse than anyone for moaning about selling out and losing its traditions. There was an outcry when they installed the clock in the corner. Yet the club are still criticised when they don't whore ourselves out completely.

Nicked from Lfconline.

Someone found this

From Reuters:

By Elena Moya

"LONDON, Jan 17 (Reuters) - The keenly awaited refinancing of British soccer club Liverpool FC is set to be closed before the end of February, a source familiar with the deal said on Thursday.

The 300 million pound ($589 million) debt refinancing, expected to be completed by the end of November, has been delayed amid turmoil in the credit markets.

Banks, facing multi-billion pound losses linked to the U.S. sub-prime crisis, have tightened up lending, or are charging more to assume risk.

The deal will go ahead, although it may not include an additional amount, of about 40 million pounds, earmarked for the start of building a new stadium, the source said.

Liverpool's debt facility with Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L: Quote, Profile, Research), taken out by U.S. billionaires Tom Hicks and George Gillett to acquire the club, expires in February.

Wachovia Corp (WB.N: Quote, Profile, Research), the fourth-largest U.S. bank, is arranging the refinancing".

Looks like they're here to stay

How depressed would everyone be if Gillette and Hicks secured the refinancing and released a joint statement that they are here to stay for the long-term.

This is everyones worst nightmare isn't it. I am trying not to get my hopes up too much about this DIC takeover thing coz it will make it even worse (if thats possible) if what you say comes true.

To be honest, though, our fans are worse than anyone for moaning about selling out and losing its traditions. There was an outcry when they installed the clock in the corner. Yet the club are still criticised when they don't whore ourselves out completely.

You are never going to please everyone though are you. This site is a very small proportion of the liverpool fanbase and the diversity of opinion on here is amazing! Just look at the Steven Gerrard thread to see that!

We just need what is best for the long term success of the club, and that definitely doesn't involve them two yank cunts.

Nicked from Lfconline.

Someone found this

From Reuters:

By Elena Moya

"LONDON, Jan 17 (Reuters) - The keenly awaited refinancing of British soccer club Liverpool FC is set to be closed before the end of February, a source familiar with the deal said on Thursday.

The 300 million pound ($589 million) debt refinancing, expected to be completed by the end of November, has been delayed amid turmoil in the credit markets.

Banks, facing multi-billion pound losses linked to the U.S. sub-prime crisis, have tightened up lending, or are charging more to assume risk.

The deal will go ahead, although it may not include an additional amount, of about 40 million pounds, earmarked for the start of building a new stadium, the source said.

Liverpool's debt facility with Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS.L: Quote, Profile, Research), taken out by U.S. billionaires Tom Hicks and George Gillett to acquire the club, expires in February.

Wachovia Corp (WB.N: Quote, Profile, Research), the fourth-largest U.S. bank, is arranging the refinancing".

Looks like they're here to stay

Thats a week old. Things have moved on from there. The problem isn't so much as the loans, its the rates and the fact they can't afford anything else e.g. transfers.

Would it? Is everyone really happy with that?

To be honest I don't like the fuck-off massive debt on the club however honest and up-front they are about it, or whatever rate of interest we're paying it off at. Why the fuck should WE be paying for someone else's takeover of our club?

Again - has anyone got a quote from DIC denying that seven-year plan?

I'm worried we're sleep-walking into this. Spose its inevitable though given that I'd rather have Peter fucking Risdale in charge than that horrible Texan cunt

What is so bad about the 7 year plan?

To make the plan a reality, DIC would need to build up the value of the club to make it worthwhile to sell after 7 years.

Anyway, you would expect any investor to have a medium to long term strategy. Do you think G & H (or other investors in other PL clubs) don't have a similar plans in place?

Is there is a better example of a sleeping giant than us?

We have a fucking huge following around the globe.

Have we ever taken advantage of it? Did we capitalise on Istanbul? Fuck no!!!

I'm sure DIC are fully aware of this.

If you go to any sport shop outside of the UK, good luck finding a reds shirt. Manc, Madrid, AC Milan shirts etc plastered everywhere.

It's about fuckin time we get dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century in terms of the way we our club is run and off the pitch.

We've always been run like a family club. We've had no fuckin balls. We've been like a clueless indecisive couple "you do it my dear", "no you do it my dear".

First thing on the agenda is to get that useless cunt Parry out of our club!!! :telloff:

Ive been to Rome and Paris lately and in both Adidas shops they did have the home and way shirts along with all the other adidas shirts, europe though isnt the answer.

We should have numerous shops open in the far east, selling everything from the tops to bed spread to liverpool biscuits. We have by far and way the biggest market out there yet we let United and Chelsea steal a march on us.

We could also cash in on our Spanish connection which goes against my first point but a small shop in Madrid or Barcelona would see dividends I reckon.

The internal infastructure ie, ticket office is still a joke so whoever comes in or if the two clowns stay it needs changing.

Anyone remember this? I hope we don't have to read it again!

“Liverpool is the most successful football club in English football history. It exists to win things for its supporters. It deserves to be in the hands of people who support it, who understand its history and legend and who share the enthusiasm and passion of its fans. As businessmen, we move on. As fans, we hope that the new owners would share the same vision as we had for LFC and, of course, in realising the new stadium that is so badly needed to ensure the club can continue to compete at the highest level in the Premiership and Europe. I am sure I will be back at Anfield with my family soon to support my team, as I have done so in the last 30-plus years. In the meantime, I wish the manager, the players and everyone connected with the club the best of fortune for the challenges ahead and will make sure that I am there the day they lift the Premiership trophy.”

I think Monday could be a pivotal night in the history of our great club.

It could tip the balance, I seriously hope DIC pay them and we rid of the pair of them and Parry. Moores should be banned from the coach aswell.

How he's travelled with the team and Rafa after doing that to them. How long before im wracked with guilt stories start appear from him?

What is so bad about the 7 year plan?

To make the plan a reality, DIC would need to build up the value of the club to make it worthwhile to sell after 7 years.

Anyway, you would expect any investor to have a medium to long term strategy. Do you think G & H (or other investors in other PL clubs) don't have a similar plans in place?

True. Looking at it again I think with DIC the debt going on the club was for the stadium, not the takeover. Which seems fair enough.

call me a glass half empty kind of guy but once the yanks secure their loan that will be that, they will have the finance for the stadium and will probably feel when that starts generating moeny it will be more profitable than the DIC offer, I'm sure in their minds player funds can be generated through players sales and coninual CL qualification.

call me a glass half empty kind of guy but once the yanks secure their loan that will be that, they will have the finance for the stadium and will probably feel when that starts generating moeny it will be more profitable than the DIC offer, I'm sure in their minds player funds can be generated through players sales and coninual CL qualification.

And im sure DIC would not place a bet if they didnt think there was a good chance of them accepting it. Think they will know what they need to do to get the club.

Things must have gone on behind the scenes for them to make an offer in the first place.

If they secure the loan, they'll be able to begin the construction of the new stadium. They would still need additional financing to complete the stadium though. Until the stadium is completed the club will not get additional revenue.

This means that in the meantime, we would have to service the payments of these loans from the income that we generate currently. From reading some of the news reports, the interest alone would be in the region of £30 - £40 million per year. If this is true how much would we have left to invest in the squad?

And im sure DIC would not place a bet if they didnt think there was a good chance of them accepting it. Think they will know what they need to do to get the club.

Things must have gone on behind the scenes for them to make an offer in the first place.

I agree with that; they won't want to risk the embarassment of public rejection twice.

I don't think the Yanks are bothered about spending money on transfers.

Surely they must have, it's all relevant after all. If they don't spend money on the squad then we won't qualify for the Champions League and we won't make as much money as we could. If it carries on we may not fill this fantastic new stadium they're going to build for us and they won't be able to pay off their loans.

If they don't spend money on players then they'll be cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

I think the fact they're struggling to refinance because of the high interest rates will be the reason they sell to DIC. A quick (and massive) profit will appeal to them, I don't think that they will think all of the hassle will be worth hanging around for, especially now they're getting loads of flack from the supporters and media.