You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The King of Staten Island

Story of a troubled 24 year old whose Dad died as a firefighter when he was a kid. Really enjoyed this, very funny in places and gritty in others. Great cameo from Steve Buscemi & Marisa Tomei proves that you can age gracefully. 8/10

Iron Claw. 8/10.

Film about the Von Eric wrasslin’ family. Didn’t know the story, quite tragic. Zac Efron is surprisingly very good. 

Definitely one that seems to have gone under the radar, deserves more recognition than it has received.

The guy who plays Ric Flair is shite though. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Iron Claw. 8/10.

Film about the Von Eric wrasslin’ family. Didn’t know the story, quite tragic. Zac Efron is surprisingly very good. 

Definitely one that seems to have gone under the radar, deserves more recognition than it has received.

W(h)oooooo?

15 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Iron Claw. 8/10.

The Flair thing is very odd.

It's like no one on production had ever seen or heard Flair and just said 'Act like a nobhead'.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

One Love. 6/10. Decent enough biopic, the guy who plays Marley is good and there’s nothing egregious about the movie.

I don't have Spotify premium atm so the advert for that keeps coming on & honestly, I burst out laughing every time the Bob Marley guy speaks on it.

Sounds like some sort of Rasta pisstake from Harry Enfield or something.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

I don't have Spotify premium atm so the advert for that keeps coming on & honestly, I burst out laughing every time the Bob Marley guy speaks on it.

It makes a hell of a difference if an accent is way off. Some film makers don't get this at all.

14 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It makes a hell of a difference if an accent is way off. Some film makers don't get this at all.

You say that as if there was a problem having Robert Carlyle play a Liverpudlian or Stephen Graham do a prohabition era American gangster.

Not forgetting Ray Winstone of course.

I know a South African & apparently when Blood Diamond was on at the pictures there, they were all rolling about laughing in their seats.

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

https://bestforandroid.com/apk/spotify-premium-mod-apk/

The Town that Dreaded Sundown.

Not a remake of the 70s slasher flick, more a sequel that plays on the existence of the original. Has so okay bits but really let down by some really poor editing. 5.5/10.

When Evil Lurks.

Grim Argentinian film about two brothers who find their neighbour has been possessed and take him away and dump him miles from their village in the hope it gets rid of the evil. It doesn't. Decent enough with some mildly horrific scenes, ending is a bit meh but overall it was pretty good. 6.5/10.

On 16/02/2024 at 15:24, Mook said:

You say that as if there was a problem having Robert Carlyle play a Liverpudlian or Stephen Graham do a prohabition era American gangster.

Not forgetting Ray Winstone of course.

I know a South African & apparently when Blood Diamond was on at the pictures there, they were all rolling about laughing in their seats.

You mention all examples that I pissed myself laughing at. Except for Blood Diamond which I haven't seen. Boardwalk Empire was superb, but Stephen Graham as Al Capone was funny as fuck.

On 16/02/2024 at 13:01, Bruce Spanner said:

The Flair thing is very odd.

It's like no one on production had ever seen or heard Flair and just said 'Act like a nobhead'.

His promo is nothing like anything I’ve ever heard Flair do.

I was looking on IMDB, I’ve never heard to the actor who plays him. Literally the worst impression I’ve ever heard of him.

Rest of the film is very good though.

IMDB said MJF was in it as well, I must have missed him.

On 16/02/2024 at 19:29, manwiththestick said:

The Town that Dreaded Sundown.

Not a remake of the 70s slasher flick, more a sequel that plays on the existence of the original. Has so okay bits but really let down by some really poor editing. 5.5/10.

When Evil Lurks.

Grim Argentinian film about two brothers who find their neighbour has been possessed and take him away and dump him miles from their village in the hope it gets rid of the evil. It doesn't. Decent enough with some mildly horrific scenes, ending is a bit meh but overall it was pretty good. 6.5/10.

Watched When Evil Lurks yesterday. Decent premise but got a bit wayward. 

Love an unsettling horror but there's not much out there ATM. 

8 hours ago, Scott_M said:

His promo is nothing like anything I’ve ever heard Flair do.

I was looking on IMDB, I’ve never heard to the actor who plays him. Literally the worst impression I’ve ever heard of him.

Rest of the film is very good though.

IMDB said MJF was in it as well, I must have missed him.

He was the other brother, but it got cut.