You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

29 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Bonnie & Clyde. A few observations, a, its extremely violent, b, Faye Dunaway is one of worlds most beautiful women even when getting shot, c, the police forgot to read them their rights. 

I think the Miranda rights reading thing only came into force in the 1960s.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Bonnie & Clyde. A few observations, a, its extremely violent, b, Faye Dunaway is one of worlds most beautiful women even when getting shot, c, the police forgot to read them their rights. 

One of my favourite films. Warren Beatty was a handsome bastard, too.

22 minutes ago, redheart said:

He wasnt that nice in real life. He was a grade A annoying weirdo and pain on Keele Campus

Lou Macari though comes across as a really great bloke and that bit is true 

Having said that I still can’t forgive the cunt for being involved in the biggest flukey goal ever to stop us winning the treble in 77

1 hour ago, General Dryness said:

In its defence, it's a fuck sight better than the third one. 3/10 is a bit harsh IMHO, but whatever.

Yeah the third one is horrendous. Shame, really, as Blade is a fucking great film, and still holds its own today.

18 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah the third one is horrendous. Shame, really, as Blade is a fucking great film, and still holds its own today.

Crazy that it's the film that kicked off the Marvel success machine, never really gets the credit it deserves. 

26 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

I wish there was a Kodi addon with a no fucking superheroes filter. 

Good point. 

Crazy that it's the film that kicked off the Marvel success machine, never really gets the blame for it. 

17 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Did it kick off the success machine though? Iron Man seems to be the first real MCU banger. I’m probably missing something?

It was the first successful movie inspired by a Marvel character. Previous to that there were only a handful of attempts including Spawn (never seen it) and apparently there was even a legal fight regarding who owned the rights to the Blade character to as a result of it's success. These fights delayed the sequel and may have even changed how it was made. Most success had come from DC (Batman specifically and even then the films were moving into parody mode), Blade's success led to more Marvel movies such as Raimi's Spiderman. As far as I am aware the MCU then started with Iron Man and the success of that led to more characters. Up to that point, each Marvel adaptation was an isolated success or failure. 

11 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

It was the first successful movie inspired by a Marvel character. Previous to that there were only a handful of attempts including Spawn (never seen it) and apparently there was even a legal fight regarding who owned the rights to the Blade character to as a result of it's success. These fights delayed the sequel and may have even changed how it was made. Most success had come from DC (Batman specifically and even then the films were moving into parody mode), Blade's success led to more Marvel movies such as Raimi's Spiderman. As far as I am aware the MCU then started with Iron Man and the success of that led to more characters. Up to that point, each Marvel adaptation was an isolated success or failure. 

I guess I count Marvel’s success at the start of Marvel Studios being the ones who made the movies where as stuff like Spider-Man was made by (without looking) Sony pictures who owned the rights. I guess I can see the point you’re making that it at least gave people a glimpse at how it could be a successful movie. Not sure I could give credit to Blade as the movie that kicked off the Marvel success machine though. Again, could be wrong as I’m just a casual onlooker. Was Blade Sony too? 

As an aside, do Marvel now own all the rights again. I know they got a lot of them back including Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. Do we know what state they’re in now? 

18 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I guess I count Marvel’s success at the start of Marvel Studios being the ones who made the movies where as stuff like Spider-Man was made by (without looking) Sony pictures who owned the rights. I guess I can see the point you’re making that it at least gave people a glimpse at how it could be a successful movie. Not sure I could give credit to Blade as the movie that kicked off the Marvel success machine though. Again, could be wrong as I’m just a casual onlooker. Was Blade Sony too? 

As an aside, do Marvel now own all the rights again. I know they got a lot of them back including Spider-Man and Fantastic Four. Do we know what state they’re in now? 

Sony still own Spiderman, which is also the reason why there are only PS4 versions of the Spiderman games. Sony allowed Marvel to include Spiderman in their movies and I believe that has been renewed. Not sure about the Fantastic Four but I know they made a film that was never released simply to keep the license. 

7 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Sony still own Spiderman, which is also the reason why there are only PS4 versions of the Spiderman games. Sony allowed Marvel to include Spiderman in their movies and I believe that has been renewed. Not sure about the Fantastic Four but I know they made a film that was never released simply to keep the license. 

Thanks for not knowing absolutely everything on command FFS. 

14 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Thanks for not knowing absolutely everything on command FFS. 

That's why they call me Mistra Know Some Of It. 

12 hours ago, redheart said:

He wasnt that nice in real life. He was a grade A annoying weirdo and pain on Keele Campus

It's one of those films I'd like to have really known what was fact and what was fiction.

In the film, he's portrayed as a harmless man with some sort of mental disability. Be interested to know in what way he wasn't that nice.

I did find it a bit odd that in the film he dressed up as a member of the clergy and went seemingly unchallenged on the campus while introducing himself to the students.

I can get why some may have thought he was a pain and a weirdo but surely he couldn't have been all that bad. They gave him an honorary degree and he continued to be allowed to be around the place. 

Hobbs and Shaw - Rubbish. No script other than insults that were meant to be one-liners. It was like a Mission: Impossible films for stupid people which is quite the feat since the MI series doesn't really tax the brain. Made millions, it'll get a sequel and there's scope to improve the series as Staham and the Rock are a good double, they won't though, it'll be more stupid, noisy nonsense. Idris Elba needs to pick his film projects more carefully. 3 out of 10.

Knives Out - Rian Johnson's first films since he allegedly ruined a lot of grown men's childhoods with the Last Jedi. Not as a clever as it thinks it is but everyone in the cast is having, not least Daniel Craig who's Southern accent is so outrageous it should be a Simpsons character. Chris Evans enjoys playing an absolute twat and Ana de Armas is good in what is really the lead role. 7.5 out of 10.

53 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Hobbs and Shaw - Rubbish. No script other than insults that were meant to be one-liners. It was like a Mission: Impossible films for stupid people which is quite the feat since the MI series doesn't really tax the brain. Made millions, it'll get a sequel and there's scope to improve the series as Staham and the Rock are a good double, they won't though, it'll be more stupid, noisy nonsense. Idris Elba needs to pick his film projects more carefully. 3 out of 10.

Knives Out - Rian Johnson's first films since he allegedly ruined a lot of grown men's childhoods with the Last Jedi. Not as a clever as it thinks it is but everyone in the cast is having, not least Daniel Craig who's Southern accent is so outrageous it should be a Simpsons character. Chris Evans enjoys playing an absolute twat and Ana de Armas is good in what is really the lead role. 7.5 out of 10.

Knives Out gets better with each watch as you notice the details. 

23 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Sony owns the film rights to Spider-Man only. The games only appearing on PlayStation is because Sony bought the company (insomnia) that makes the games, hence them being PS4 exclusive. Marvel still owns the character though.

20th Century Fox had the film rights to The Fantasic Four (and XMen/Deadpool) but Disney bought 20th Century Fox last year so suspect we'll see them in Marvel films in the future - not sure about Disney making a Deadpool film though. 

The Hulk's movie rights are with Universal Studios, which is why there hasn't been a solo movie since he started appearing in the MCU films.

Basically Marvel now has the film rights to everything, bar The Hulk and Spider-Man movies.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Sony owns the film rights to Spider-Man only. The games only appearing on PlayStation is because Sony bought the company (insomnia) that makes the games, hence them being PS4 exclusive. Marvel still owns the character though.

20th Century Fox had the film rights to The Fantasic Four (and XMen/Deadpool) but Disney bought 20th Century Fox last year so suspect we'll see them in Marvel films in the future - not sure about Disney making a Deadpool film though. 

The Hulk's movie rights are with Universal Studios, which is why there hasn't been a solo movie since he started appearing in the MCU films.

Basically Marvel now has the film rights to everything, bar The Hulk and Spider-Man movies.

I thought Sony appointed Insomnia to make a game based on their licence of Spiderman rather than Insomnia making the game and then Sony buying them? I'm pretty sure Insomnia have been owned by Sony since Infamous 2: Second Son at least? 

14 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I thought Sony appointed Insomnia to make a game based on their licence of Spiderman rather than Insomnia making the game and then Sony buying them? I'm pretty sure Insomnia have been owned by Sony since Infamous 2: Second Son at least? 

Just looked at it iand Sony bought insomniac recently, in 2019. Looks like Spider-Man being a PlayStation exclusive is an agreement separate from the film rights.

"Sony owns the exclusive film rights to Spider-Man, but Marvel Entertainment retains all other rights to the game. The 2018 Spider-Man game was created as the result of some kind of an agreement between Sony-owned Insomniac Games and Marvel"

6 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Just looked at it iand Sony bought insomniac recently, in 2019. Looks like Spider-Man being a PlayStation exclusive is an agreement separate from the film rights.

"Sony owns the exclusive film rights to Spider-Man, but Marvel Entertainment retains all other rights to the game. The 2018 Spider-Man game was created as the result of some kind of an agreement between Sony-owned Insomniac Games and Marvel"

Really odd that Spiderman games would shift by the bucket load and Marvel agreed to make it Playstation exclusive. They'd probably quadruple sales by releasing on PC, Xbox and especially Switch.