You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Senna 9/10

This is an absolute must see IMO. I'm not really a F1 fan tbh but this documentary has been done brilliantly,one of the best I've ever seen.

Good to hear that - can't wait to see it myself.

I'm hardly up on current popular films, and I haven't been to a cinema in probably ten years (and likely never will again). I patiently wait for movies to come to me and my home.

For that reason, I've only just had a chance to watch 'Valkyrie', which I was very keen on despite the Tom Cruise factor.

Have to say that I expected to be disappointed, but overall thought it was a fairly compelling drama, and did a decent service to the story.

I'll give it 8/10.....Tom was alright.

Just watched Paul, quality stuff from Pegg and Frost, if not quite in the same league at their previously brilliant stuff. Lots of laughs, some funny ideas and plenty of heart to it. The CGI is class too.

I love the way they still can't stop the Spaced stuff they do with nods to other films. The country Mo Eisley was top.

No!

Yeah, I watched Paul the other night. 3/10. Shite.

Yes!

On another note my Mother came out with a classic the other day, she said she'd seen a film called The Southern Solicitor. I think she meant The Lincoln Lawyer.....

Clive Barkers book of blood- 8.5/10

Brilliant film.... Really started to fancy the bird too. not sure about the ending but you cant go wrong with a bot of Clive B.

It was fucking terrible. Every single time they've filmed one of his books/ novellas/ whatever, it's been utter shit.

Apart from maybe Hellraiser

Centurion 7.5 / 10

Doomed Roman away fixture versus the Picts. Home win.

Lots of violence and extreme blood-letting via sharp implements and large cutting tools, leading to revenge type of pursuit across the mountains and rivers of old Caledonia with Michael Fassbender and David Morrissey.

With a gorgeous scar-faced witch and a foxy mute hellcat she-Pict ( last seen in Quantum of Solace wearing less fur ) to dilute the gore, this makes for a decent beer and pizza man-flick.

The Heavy. 2 / 10.

Utter shite. Gary Stretch's strange mumbling accent grates throughout. As does Vinnie Jones beard. Christopher Lee pops in looking like a trainee corpse, and there's cameos from the 'ginger cunt' from the Business, the Irish fella from the Crying Game, Sadie Frost and that wanker from the 'band' Blue. Lee somebody.

Awful.

The Heavy. 2 / 10.

Utter shite. Gary Stretch's strange mumbling accent grates throughout. As does Vinnie Jones beard. Christopher Lee pops in looking like a trainee corpse, and there's cameos from the 'ginger cunt' from the Business, the Irish fella from the Crying Game, Sadie Frost and that wanker from the 'band' Blue. Lee somebody.

Awful.

That's very disappointing, because that film had all the hallmarks of a modern-day celluloid classic

The King's Speech - 6/10

Good film, but not really all that. The acting performances are indeed very good, Geoffrey Rush being the highlight for me. It's a well told story which had enough to keep me interested, but not engrossed. Overall I found it a bit dull, although I can see why it's been so highly rated.

Yeah I thought that. It boredered on the ridiculous all the way through (in a good way) but that ending maybe pushed it over the edge. As did the telephone call. Still loved it though, really enjoyable film.

I thought the telephone call was a lovely little touch, due to who was playing the guy on the other end of the phone. Brilliant little cameo that one.

1984 - Started watching this on Saturday at 2am after quite a few whisky bitches. I know it should be good but cant remember much, other than Equilibrium seems to have stolen the plot in more ways than one.

Naked Gun series - still funny 7/10 and Airplane 9/10

Watched The Boat That Rocked, and other than the soundtrack, its a bit poo 4/10.

X Men Origins - Wolverine 5/10. Just doesnt sit right with me that they havent followed the proper timeline of Logan.

I thought the telephone call was a lovely little touch, due to who was playing the guy on the other end of the phone. Brilliant little cameo that one.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I agree the telephone call was a boss scene. I think the film should have ended after the guy was telling jokes and then time froze, if it had ended there then it would have been a lot better in my opinion.

Aye. Concurring here.

Saw the cast list and thought a potential seminal gangster flick was on the cards. I mean, the cunt from Blue ' they keep pulling me back in........to Eurovision '

That'll teach me to bin off 'Homes Under The Hammer' in the morning televisual entertainment stakes.

Unbreakable - 7.1/10

Pretty watchable effort from M Night Shamalamadingdong. Not quite sure that the whole perception thing made a lot of sense but still, it makes for a more interesting film I suppose. The wimpy kid is annoying though, I'd definitely bully him if I was in his class, too whiney not to.

I have come to the conclusion that no matter what the subject is Silverlining will argue with you

That's because he's the self-appointed forum cunt. This is a happier place to be with him on ignore.

Black Swan - mish mash of scenes made it (intentionally?) hard to follow completely but it's all really well done. I really liked it. 8.5/10

Kins Speech. Like a Sunday night tv programme for the most part albeit better acting. Fairly enjoyable though. 7/10

Senna - 10/10

Mostly because I am a big F1 fan, or rather I used to be a big fan, or rather I am a big fan of what it was but not of what it is today. Still a great film and even non-petrolheads I've watched it with loved it. It's based entirely on real footage and interviews so you go into it thinking "two hour documentary", but the way it's put together it really is like a good film, just one where the story actually happened and exactly as you see it.

Senna - 10/10

Mostly because I am a big F1 fan, or rather I used to be a big fan, or rather I am a big fan of what it was but not of what it is today. Still a great film and even non-petrolheads I've watched it with loved it. It's based entirely on real footage and interviews so you go into it thinking "two hour documentary", but the way it's put together it really is like a good film, just one where the story actually happened and exactly as you see it.

I gave it 9/10 as a non F1 fan,I honestly think its one of the best made film/documentaries I've ever seen.

I would love to see a Prost interview just to add a little bit of balance to some of the accusations but that rivalry made it the film and his life what it was.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I agree the telephone call was a boss scene. I think the film should have ended after the guy was telling jokes and then time froze, if it had ended there then it would have been a lot better in my opinion.

Nah that would have pissed me off and I was in no way on the verge of crying.

Just checked out the phonecall cameo too, outstanding.