You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

I think Reservoir Dogs is a really overrated film. It's good, but not as good as everyone makes it out to be. I think it's really insubstantial and not much happens in it. That's ok if there are interesting characters in it, but I don't think there are enough of them. The characters are all quite stereotypical.

I think Reservoir Dogs is a really overrated film. It's good, but not as good as everyone makes it out to be. I think it's really insubstantial and not much happens in it. That's ok if there are interesting characters in it, but I don't think there are enough of them. The characters are all quite stereotypical.

It's more about the type of film it was. It was perhaps the very first of it's kind - a film carried almost entirely on the strength of the script, the interaction of characters and the language used. The story itself was almost inconsequential and irrelevant.

The way seemingly meaningless conversations amble on for several minutes; conversations that had no real bearing on the story whatsoever, is something that hadn't been done in film before. But that's exactly what real life is like.

It made a hard to believe story extremely believable by using this (what was at the time) truly genius method: just blokes talking shit.

I'd agree that as a piece of cinematography it's hardly Gladiator, but as a film about people (albeit fucked up people) it's almost second to none.

I think it was mark kermode who said, about tarrantino, he's great at putting together individual scenes but struggles to string hose scenes together into coherent films.

I think he's pretty much spot on and is the reason why even his worst films are still quotable.

It's more about the type of film it was. It was perhaps the very first of it's kind - a film carried almost entirely on the strength of the script, the interaction of characters and the language used. The story itself was almost inconsequential and irrelevant.

The way seemingly meaningless conversations amble on for several minutes; conversations that had no real bearing on the story whatsoever, is something that hadn't been done in film before. But that's exactly what real life is like.

It made a hard to believe story extremely believable by using this (what was at the time) truly genius method: just blokes talking shit.

I'd agree that as a piece of cinematography it's hardly Gladiator, but as a film about people (albeit fucked up people) it's almost second to none.

I didn't feel that the characters and their interactions were particularly believable to be honest. I appreciate what you're saying, but within the context of the film, the whole point about the planning of their heist is that the robbers don't know each other or anything about each other, yet some scenes, such as for example the scene in the diner at the beginning sets them out as all chummy. I think it seems kind of forced.

Above that, I just don't think that making people have realistic everyday conversations is something that elevates a film. Isn't that something that should be expected from any film that has any aspirations to be realistic?

Like I said though, I do agree with what you say about it, I'm just not sure that I'd agree with you that it makes it an amazing film.

It's a belter considering the budget and resource that was available to Tarantino to make it though.

Damn fucking straight!

I am a big Al pacino fan so i watched some of his films

Godfather | || ||| 10/10 best movie i've ever seen

Scarface 9/10 Great film

Sea of Love 9/10 Great film

Scent of a woman 9/10 great film

Dog day afternoon 6/10 Expected more of this film

Any given sunday 7/10 it's a good film.

Heat 9/10 very enjoyable film

Righteous Kill 5/10 I expected a lot from this film because Robert de niro and al pacin were in it but it was generally poor.

Serpico 9/10 very good film.

Pacific Heights.

Michael Keaton as the psychotic scam artist who moves into a room Melanie Griffith and Matthew Modine are renting and systematically ruins the lives of his landlords.

Years old and its been years since ive seen it but i enjoyed it more than i thought i would,very decent film.

Robin Hood 4/10

Made no sense from start to finish, I found myself sitting there most of the time shaking my head thinking "who's he?" "where did they come from?" "what the fuck is he doing that for?"

The dialogue was mostly awful, some of it actually made me laugh.

Fucking shoddy work from a great director and a top actor, shoddy shoddy work.

After seeing the debating going on I decided to watch Reservoir Dogs, a film I was convinced I had seen before but I actually hadn't.

9/10

I thought it was a good film when I was watching it and was going to give it a 7 but when it ended I really thought about it more and taking in to account when it was made I could appreciate how good the film actually was, it's like it was a set up for many films that have come after. I don't know how I got 20 years in to my life without watching it but I'm glad I have now.

Robin Hood 4/10

Made no sense from start to finish, I found myself sitting there most of the time shaking my head thinking "who's he?" "where did they come from?" "what the fuck is he doing that for?"

The dialogue was mostly awful, some of it actually made me laugh.

Fucking shoddy work from a great director and a top actor, shoddy shoddy work.

Had a feeling that it was going to be a bit shit; think i'll swerve it.

More than a game.

Basketball documentry about Lebron James' high school team. Quite interesting and enjoyable, if you've got an interest in basketball of course.

7/10.

brilliant movie,no interest in basketball or sport of any type is needed to enjoy this.

brilliant movie,no interest in basketball or sport of any type is needed to enjoy this.

Just watched it myself and I've been getting in to Basketball the last few months, it was a great documentary to be fair.

9/10 for me.

Fish Tank - 8/10

Storyline following a 15 year old girl (Chav) and it's not all that ridiculousness that films show when talking of chavish people really, I was totally glued to the screen at a few parts of the story. It's a pretty good little flick with an interesting ending...