You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

Don't change them too often, Champ?

Apologies, ellwd, I've just negged you looking to see who'd repped your cheeky reply. (My standards are very high, as reflected in my accommodation recommendations, Secsh) Can someone oblige?

Playing my drums and hitting the 24" bass drum full pelt with the pedal as I get into a song, without the other half interrupting me complaining that a light fixture is coming away from the wall downstairs and I need to calm down, plus consider the budgies.

In my view, not very rock and roll.

It's a lovely day and I'm just about to go for a walk around the block before starting work. 2.4 miles of time to make my head even emptier than usual.

I am sat here soaking up warm sunshine. I feel like a cat; although I think lizard is probably the better analogy

Playing my drums and hitting the 24" bass drum full pelt with the pedal as I get into a song, without the other half interrupting me complaining that a light fixture is coming away from the wall downstairs and I need to calm down, plus consider the budgies.

In my view, not very rock and roll.

Keith Moon would have eaten the budgies.

John Bonham would have set about them with a set of gong mallets.

Tommy Lee would have put his sticks down and filmed himself persuading them what he was just about to attempt was in no way something he wanted to show his mates.

You're right.  Not very rock and roll.

You sure about that?

I'm a drummer, if that light comes down you think I'll be able to put it up? I'll probably be electrocuted to death given how clumsy we are/high death rate musicians.

I'm now in the danger zone in my 30's and Keith Moon and John Bonham both died with a whimper in their 30's.

John Entwhisles death, that's where it's at if you want to look at rock and roll deaths. He knew the score.

The Ox, bless him. Rock and roll to the last. Coked up in bed with a stripper. Great bass player, great life, great death. Love that guy,

Fucking your way to a heart attack after a massive gak bender?

How very much I would pay for someone to be able to truthfully etch "Died of an Entwistle" on my headstone.  * Sighs *

Its like the opposite of Munsoned.

"Did you hear about LBWC? He fucking Entwistled the other day. What a guy."

I may put it in my will that if I ever go in such timeless style, I want my mates to carry my cadaver round the town centre on their shoulders like a conquering hero, using my head as a bong.