You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm liking jam shed red wine. Im no winey or even a big drinker but this shit fits my pallet perfectly. So much so I've just drunk a full bottle without realising and red wine seems to fuck my mornings up more than anything else in the werrrrllllld.

Slips down a treat, doesn’t it

1 hour ago, RJ Fan club said:

Retail co-codamal is for fannies.

For my slipped disc I’m on the 30/500 version not the 8/500 retail shit. 

three of them with a 4 pack of craft ipa sees of any known ailments 

The third one is wasted. Codeine is converted to morphine in the liver ( CYP 2D6 liver enzyme ).  There is only enough to cope with a maximum of 60mgm of codeine.

15 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

Retail co-codamal is for fannies.

For my slipped disc I’m on the 30/500 version not the 8/500 retail shit. 

three of them with a 4 pack of craft ipa sees of any known ailments 

Only got given codeine for my slipped disc. Ended up taking very little and just using the naproxen I was also given.

9 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Only got given codeine for my slipped disc. Ended up taking very little and just using the naproxen I was also given.

Naproxen is a lifesaver.

My disc was an injury from my early 20’s. Part of the disc has detached so flares up regular. 

I got an MRI a few years back when I was hoping for an operation. But seeing the disc so close to spinal column made me take the surgeon advice and put off surgery as long as I can.

Naproxen ha stout stomach away though, so only sparingly and with the stomach pills too 

25 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Two forumites with slipped disks. One for the getting older thread surely.

I did it over a few years in the gym if that makes it sound a little better.

16 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

Naproxen is a lifesaver.

My disc was an injury from my early 20’s. Part of the disc has detached so flares up regular. 

I got an MRI a few years back when I was hoping for an operation. But seeing the disc so close to spinal column made me take the surgeon advice and put off surgery as long as I can.

Naproxen ha stout stomach away though, so only sparingly and with the stomach pills too 

Yeah it is. Helped me move, albeit like an old man who'd shit himself, really quickly. My mum has Naproxen so if my back starts to give me pain again I just get some of her like she's a dealer.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RJ Fan club said:

Feels good to me. 

Another fuckwit who doesn't believe the science.The third one will contribute to the deleterious side effects without giving any benefit and mixing it with alcohol is a recipe for disaster. Codeine at those levels should only be taken for 3 days. If your getting them on a prescription, you should find a doctor who didn't study under Harold Shipman and get a referral to a pain clinic. You  are going to have an addiction problem as well as a pain problem.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Another fuckwit who doesn't believe the science.The third one will contribute to the deleterious side effects without giving any benefit and mixing it with alcohol is a recipe for disaster. Codeine at those levels should only be taken for 3 days. If your getting them on a prescription, you should find a doctor who didn't study under Harold Shipman and get a referral to a pain clinic. You  are going to have an addiction problem as well as a pain problem.

Ah another fuckwit who takes the internet too seriously, makes sweeping generalisations and massive assumptions. 

Well Doctor, If you can’t see a little bravado on the internet and jump to such sweeping conclusions, I have concerns for the analysis and findings of your scientific papers.

On 29/01/2021 at 13:50, Bjornebye said:

Thats what I needed earlier. Knocks me clean out that stuff. 

My missus' old man was in the army and he has a cupboard full of army grade medicine, sprays, cremes, etc that he kept. 

Headache tablets that cure leprosy and mosquito spray that keeps the cunts out of the entire street.

It's fucking ace. 

I'd send you some if Brexit didn't mean it would cost us both about 700 quid in customs charges.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...