You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Zulu

Section_31

zulu2.gif

It was on yesterday, forgotten how good it was, the bit where the Zulus start doing their war dance and the Welsh choir start up in response, then the Zulus get really pissed off and crank it up a level, before charging them down and getting shot to pieces. Top class.

• 7 years later...

A lot of the guys who fought in that battle were from my home town , and they are buried in my local churchyard. They were from the south wales borderers. I know the great great grandson of Hook *the malingerer" in the hospital in the film, he is a groundsman at our football club.

A lot of the guys who fought in that battle were from my home town , and they are buried in my local churchyard. They were from the south wales borderers. I know the great great grandson of Hook *the malingerer" in the hospital in the film, he is a groundsman at our football club.

The Regiment was actually the 24th Regiment of Foot Warwickshire Regiment and did not become the South Wales Borderers till 1881.

Stringy actually babysat a few of them as they were friends of his Grandchildren.

"Front rank...FIRE!"

"Second rank...FIRE!"

Replay...

Replay...

This film used to be obligatory for officer cadets at Duntroon, the Australian equivalent to Sandhurst, as an example of how to behave under the pressure of overwhelming odds.

Fucking great movie.

• Upvote 1