You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rashid would love this

WeAreTheBest

Aimar is a cracking player but i'm unsure if he could adapt to playing over here. Don't get me wrong, I know he's a snidey little bastard at times, but he wouldn't get as much time on the ball as he does over there.

Aguero I have absolutely no idea about, although having seen some clips he looks quite good.

Because of Aguero's age he wont be set in his ways like Aimar and would have no problem adapting to the pace and brutallity of the premiership.

Tuesday, 28 December, 2004, 09:25 GMT

Aimar pleads for Liverpool switch

Aimar was a key player for Rafael Benitez when they were at Valencia

Valencia midfielder Pablo Aimar wants to move to England and join former boss Rafael Benitez at Liverpool.

Argentine international Aimar, 25, is not a regular in the Valencia side under Claudio Ranieri, the former Chelsea manager.

The midfielder told the Daily Star: "This season I'm not happy at Valencia.

"Rafa Benitez is an excellent coach who knows me very well and Liverpool would be an ideal place to go if I cannot sort out my future here."

"I do not understand why I have not been playing. Ranieri has not told me the reasons but I am obviously not part of his plans.

"From what I can see, English football is the best in Europe next to Spain and I do not think I would have a problem adapting to the Premiership."

Not really, he just swerved the question, saying he's one of the best in Argentina but we're only thinking about West Brom and not transfers at this moment. He's interested.

Meanwhile, in a small hole-in-the wall corned-beef bar somewhere in the downtown meat-packing district of Buenos Aires, a young talented Argentine footballer talks covertly with a man in a clown suit wearing a squirty flower....

I do recall Tom Ross stated as fact that Aimar would play for Liverpool. Is he about to get it right for once?

Would be a wonderful signing. He's too talented not to be able to cope in the Premiership. But somehow I can't see him leaving Valencia. And if he does, it wouldn't surprise me if he fucked off to United...

When's the last time we signed someone of such talent?

[Answers self: two summers ago - Xabi...]

Would be a wonderful signing. He's too talented not to be able to cope in the Premiership. But somehow I can't see him leaving Valencia. And if he does, it wouldn't surprise me if he fucked off to United...

When's the last time we signed someone of such talent?

[Answers self: two summers ago - Xabi...]

And look how Xabi turned out? Pay the money and you get your money's worth more often than not.

[Note: Unless you sign Veron or you are Gerard Houllier doing the signing.]

And look how Xabi turned out? Pay the money and you get your money's worth more often than not.

Let's not forget Ferdinand. What a shocking waste of money he was / is. And yet he still struts around like he's the best defender in the world. He was on Sky Sports the other day and didn't blink an eye as they showed Bolton's goal against United this weekend... for which he fucked up big time. That guy is such a cunt, he's too big for United... I think he should go to Chelscum for 100 million and a whopping pay rise...

Sean Wright-Phillips, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Paulo Ferreira and Jose Antonio Reyes also cost shite loads and haven't been worth the money in my opinion. So you probably need to add Mourinho doing the signing to your list. And also Reyes.

Sean Wright-Phillips, Didier Drogba, Michael Essien, Paulo Ferreira and Jose Antonio Reyes also cost shite loads and haven't been worth the money in my opinion. So you probably need to add Mourinho doing the signing to your list. And also Reyes.

Did Reyes sign himself? Clever lad.

Guest TK-421
Yep, he's got 10 GCSE's. Although one of them's in Spanish so that probably shouldn't really count.

Bet he couldn't get grade D in Russian though.