You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2005: The Truly Great Comments...

Kopite

Peter Crouch is shit, Rafa is out of order for suggesting we don't know our football if we don't rate him. - Rashid

If Liverpool can win it then why can't Everton - Howard Kendall

Liverpool winning it is like when Millwall got to the Fa Cup Final Arsene Wenger

Wherever the best players are we will be there, we will give Rafa the support to buy the top players - Rick Parry

My minds made up now, I have too much respect for those at the club to get into a slagging match, but I am leaving. - Steve Gerrard

" i hope we murder that shower of sh*te. I want to tear those f*ckers a new collective *sshole. F*ck them all and f*ck their families. I want to remove their c*cks in public and show it to their parents ........ while i p*ss all over their faces"

Rick Parry before the Champions League qualifier against Total Network Solutions.

I can't find the exact wording, and we need the exact wording / spelling / typos - but Nunavut Patrick's comments aimed at Mr Tyldesley the ITV commentator, relating to balmy nights and parts of his anatomy.

The TLW quote of the year for me. I think someone had it as a sig on here for a while.

Yeah...remember that...one classic before the forum collapsed after the Istanbul night.

something along the line of..

" You can stick the balmy Barcelona night up Ty`dsyel arse"... i

m sure 05Milan remember the exact wording!

A classic!

" We were all sitting in the dressing room and we could clearly hear thousands of fans singing ' You'll Never Walk Alone'. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW THAT FELT? We were 3-0 down in the Champions League final and all we could hear were 45 000 people letting us know that they still believed in us. We knew they had endured a long journey and made so many sacrifices to be there. IT WAS AT THAT POINT WE STARTED TO BELIEVE TOO."

- Luis Garcia May 2005

"It will be a completely different game for them at Anfield. It's one thing to play for a zero-zero and it's another thing to play for a victory. I'm very confident that we're going to the final."

Jose Mourinho - Wednesday 27 April 2005.

But my personal favourites for lunacy were:

"What could work is awarding points on the basis of the difference between the goals you score and concede. You could get an extra point if there is a difference of three, like 3-0 or 5-2."

Arsene Wenger's suggestion to encourage teams to play attacking football. Wow yeah Arsene, maybe we could make the goals bigger too...

"If some grocer puts his pound of sugar up a penny more than the guy next door, he will probably get fined £3000 or even closed down."

Sir Alex Ferguson (complaining about Chelsea's ticket prices).

I know I'm over-analysing this one, but the more you think about it the funnier it gets.

Why would two grocers open shops next door to each other?

Since when did the UK have legislation preventing shopkeepers from setting their own prices?

Who does it? Is there a big book or something?

In fact, wouldn't the shopkeepers be guilty of local price-fixing if they colluded with regard to the price of their sugar?

Why £3000?

"...oh, y'beauty!" - Andy Gray

Ha ha, he'll never live that one down. My personal favourites were "lanky streak of piss" and "Luke Chadwick on stilts" by a couple of forumites on here :D, how we all change our tune. A big well done to all those who backed Crouchinho as soon as he was linked, smug bastards ;).