You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (A) - Sat 17th Feb 2024 (12:30pm)

Trumo

43 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Alisson misses a lot of games with injuries for a goalkeeper.

Imagine if we’d sold Kelleher for £20m and had Adrian playing last week and today. 

Because of Alisson’s brittleness, we need to keep Kelleher or else find a reserve of similar quality.

Yeah Ali is the best of the best but Kelleher is a good and potentially very good keeper.

If Kelleher is sold this summer, I'd insert a buy back clause but I agree totally we need a very decent backup.

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The press needs to be spot on because this crowd love a ball hit into the channels for one of their forwards to chase. Cut out those long balls beforehand and keep the crowd quiet. We also have to be a bit more snidey when they're lumping high balls into the area. If Arsenal can get away with the alehouse set piece tactics they've adopted, then so can we.

12 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Surprised we haven’t gone with Joe G at RB for the extra height at the inevitable aerial onslaught, as well as his pace for their counter attacks. 

I thought we would go with Gomez too but Bradley is no slouch pace wise. Faster than Joe I think. 

Should be interesting with Bradley and Robertson. Lots of width, and no fullback drifting inside to make an extra body in midfield. It's attacking, but could mean we cut cut through centrally. Endo, Mac and Jones won't win many headers either.

Would've preferred Gomez at LB to complement Bradley.

43 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Interesting. I thought Gomez would start. Maybe a shift back to the attacking full backs as well.

Normally Oliver wouldn't bother me as ref but he seems to have turned into the rest of the mob. Last thing I need to see is loads of cheap free kicks for them all game.

I feel the same re Oliver 

I'm expecting a slow start, Bradley to all of a sudden be out of depth, Virge to be like prime Kvarme and Nunez to be his usual blind self.

Add that to Brentford being at home and needing the points desperately and Toney having a point to prove, and it's an horrific defeat.

• Downvote 2