You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 Worst Liverpool Players You Have Seen

VERBAL DIARRHEA

30 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

When we were kids Nicky Tanner bought a house in our cul-de-sac, he was playing for Bristol Rovers at the time. 

We’re all out playing football in the street one day and we told my brother to go knock on his door and ask him if he wants to come out and have a kick around with us. 

Being a daft 6 year old kid Joe did as he was told and came back with Nicky Tanner. Only he was fucking shit, worse than 10 year old kids level shit and no one wanted to play with him in Wembley doubles. 

Anyone who had a mare after that day was told they had a Tanner! 

I remember one match against Arsenal at Anfield when, quite early on, they'd realised that they didn't have to put any pressure on him; they could just wait for him to give the ball away every time he got it.  It was painful to watch.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I remember one match against Arsenal at Anfield when, quite early on, they'd realised that they didn't have to put any pressure on him; they could just wait for him to give the ball away every time he got it.  It was painful to watch.

He was proper crap.

Not just bad but ‘how the fucking hell did you make it pro shit’? 

The running joke in our group was if he could make it then we all had a chance! 

21 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That year's FA Cup was a gimme.  We only played one top flight team in the whole campaign.

And still needed replays in nearly every round. Though that team was blighted by injuries all season, it was mediocre even with everybody fit - a million miles from being a title challenger.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

When we were kids Nicky Tanner bought a house in our cul-de-sac, he was playing for Bristol Rovers at the time. 

We’re all out playing football in the street one day and we told my brother to go knock on his door and ask him if he wants to come out and have a kick around with us. 

Being a daft 6 year old kid Joe did as he was told and came back with Nicky Tanner. Only he was fucking shit, worse than 10 year old kids level shit and no one wanted to play with him in Wembley doubles. 

Anyone who had a mare after that day was told they had a Tanner! 

Just checked his wiki page and we must have been better than him at 8 not 10! 

• Upvote 1

Saw him a couple of times in the Conti as he got friendly with the brothers of a girl I worked with. He seemed a nice enough bloke. He allegedly got nicknamed ' Whoosh as that is what the Bristol Rovers fans shouted every time he kicked the ball. Not sure playing out from the back would have suited him much.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Saw him a couple of times in the Conti as he got friendly with the brothers of a girl I worked with. He seemed a nice enough bloke. He allegedly got nicknamed ' Whoosh as that is what the Bristol Rovers fans shouted every time he kicked the ball. Not sure playing out from the back would have suited him much.

I’ve had a few beers with him at various sportsman’s dinners over the years and he’s a nice bloke. 

He organised a reds legends game against Mangotsfield United when he was manager there and raised a load of cash for the club. 

He was just fucking shite at football. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

And still needed replays in nearly every round. Though that team was blighted by injuries all season, it was mediocre even with everybody fit - a million miles from being a title challenger.

Compare that to 2006, when (apart from that mad Third Round away at Luton) every team we played - including United and Chelsea - was in the Premier League.  We fucking earned that one.

• Upvote 1

Karius - was an accident waitingb o happen, every time the ball went anywhere near him you got nervous incase he made a massive mistake. Just so happens that the biggest mistakes happened in the CL Final.

Ruddock - fat lazy arrogant cunt Who thought playing for us was a joke. In his mind he was some talented hard man but in reality he was fat, slow and useless. 

Aspas- looked like an anorexic 13 year old. Another pointless moneyball signing. Took the worst corner in the history of the game. 

David James - made so many mistakes for a "top" keeper yet they were just laughed off by him. Cost us a few trophies. 

Diouf - only no9 to go a whole season without scoring. Genuinely never knew what he was ever good at, even after he left. Pity Anelka's brothers were complete bellends otherwise we would have signed him instead of Diouf. 

Honourable mentions to:

Julian Dicks

Borini 

Voronin

Diao

Carroll

Piechnik 

• Upvote 1

Some mad shouts in this thread. Saw Mark Walters' name thrown in. He was a good player, he just wasn't John Barnes. He did alright for us and it wasn't his fault we were in a shit, transitional period where everything was chaos.

Jermaine Pennant was our best player in a European Cup Final. He wasn't good enough, but he wasn't shit. His attitude was, but he had ability.

Can't believe there isn't more support for my Babb suggestion. Least skilled footballer I've ever seen for us by a country mile.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dave u said:

Some mad shouts in this thread. Saw Mark Walters' name thrown in. He was a good player, he just wasn't John Barnes. He did alright for us and it wasn't his fault we were in a shit, transitional period where everything was chaos.

Jermaine Pennant was our best player in a European Cup Final. He wasn't good enough, but he wasn't shit. His attitude was, but he had ability.

Can't believe there isn't more support for my Babb suggestion. Least skilled footballer I've ever seen for us by a country mile.

Just added Babb to closely missing out

Charlie Adam. Had a couple of half decent games for Blackpool and when we signed him some people I know  thought he would be a great player simply because he was Scottish based on the fact that wedd had great Scottish players in the past. 

Looked like some Sunday League player who'd was playing with a hangover. Can't remember anything he did apart from sending his penalty as a space probe to jupiter. 

We played Reading, I think, in a cup game at home. 10 minutes in Joke Hole was standing in the centre circle, hands on knees, puffing his lungs out as if he'd just run a marathon, having done fuck all. I could have quite cheerfully leapt the barrier and punched him in the face. Awful, awful player for us. 

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Karius - was an accident waitingb o happen, every time the ball went anywhere near him you got nervous incase he made a massive mistake. Just so happens that the biggest mistakes happened in the CL Final.

I watched that final in a pub in Leeds called Bowers Tap. I still get the Karius shivers every time I walk past the place.