You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wataru Endo Welcome to Liverpool

John102

5 minutes ago, stringvest said:

Let me tell you why:

1.  He will tackle a player.

2.  He is not afraid to receive the ball under pressure.

3.  He attempts to play the ball forward even in tight spaces.  

4.  He looks to receive the ball to relieve pressure on his teammates.

I don't think Endo has shown what he is capable of so far, and I don't believe he's had any truly great games, but he hasn't put in a performance as bad as Henderson did frequently in his last couple of years with us.

He doesn't excel at any of those, loses the ball every time he takes more than two touches and 50% of his tackles are fouls. He's a plodder and not a good one at that.

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

He's not quick, but he does read the play well.  He needs regular games to get into a rhythm.  He's the best option we have in DM until Thiago comes back.  (keepnet waiting)

Agree except Thiago who doesn't look like he will be back.

I just said this in the match thread - issue with Endo is he won't get many chances to properly settle down. As long as he does a job when called upon and until we get a proper #6, all good. The lad is trying his best.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Agree except Thiago who doesn't look like he will be back.

I just said this in the match thread - issue with Endo is he won't get many chances to properly settle down. As long as he does a job when called upon and until we get a proper #6, all good. The lad is trying his best.

I think he's the best option we have, and much better than what we had last season, so I'm quite relaxed about it.  I'll let others do the impotent ranting.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I think he is a better option as a defensive midfielder than mcallister.

I don't think playing mcallister there is doing him any favours either he looks a shadow of the player at Brighton 

To be fair Caicedo isn't pulling up any trees either at Chelsea. 

i honestly thought we where more comfortable with him as a 6 today, than Macallister. 

but come January, we'd be fucking mental not to buy that Andre lad. 

ill actually call it now, we'll be within touching distance of a title showdown with City, and every man and his dog will see if we sign andre, he may well make the difference. So going by our history in these situations, we wont sign anyone...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

I think he's the best option we have, and much better than what we had last season, so I'm quite relaxed about it.  I'll let others do the impotent ranting.

Best or not, he is definitely an option which might become a decent option if he gets a run of games. I will also understand if Jurgen doesn't give him the run of games if he thinks we don't have that luxury. He is still a good squad player to have. He did OK today, which was enough against Brentford.

• Upvote 1

He's barely played. He excelled in one of Europe's top leagues. At least give the fella a chance. The pace of this league is nuts and there's been some genuinely great players who have taken time to settle in. Including ones around Endos age profile. I don't think he will ever be a 'great' but the player who stood out in a very poor team even against the better teams in Germany - deserves a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

He's been bang average so far. Showing why he's never got a big move before. Doesn't anywhere near enough protection as a lone 6 in my opinion. We had been linked with Lemina at Wolves during the summer and he would have been a far better option. But he's not the long term option and will likely just be used in cup games, come on late and help break up the game. And still needs time. 

We really need the 6 though