You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I was on holiday in the summer and speaking to a Southampton fan just after Livramento signed for Newcastle.

I was stunned Newcastle had paid c.£40m for somebody who had been out for nearly a year with an ACL and hardly and top level appearances, the Southampton fan was assuring me he was really, really good. 

Turns out he was right.

I said the same before he went to Newcastle. He's going to be ace.

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Are you suprised? 

Nathan Philips was able to do a fucking cruyff turn, in our box against them....... 

Have your seen Nathan Phillips.... He turns like a tugboat in a tidal wave. 

I think you mean Big Nat’s name belongs to be alongside the great Milan centre backs like Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Desailly, Thiago Silva, Costacurta & Stam. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I said the same before he went to Newcastle. He's going to be ace.

I have to admit, I’d never really heard of him. I just assumed he was a Chelsea academy player who likely spent years at Vitesse Arnhem and then played in the Championship.

He really is a very, very good player. 

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

They should just sack this season’s Champions League off and wait until next year when we are back.

It'll be shite next year even if we are in it with this mew league format bollocks. Going to lots of fuckery in the last game or two in that format