You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sat 18th Feb 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think so, Pope banned, Dubravka cup tied, and as far as I can see on their website its Karius and a lad called Mark Gillespie left.

Maybe they'll see sense and pick Gillespie.

They are trying to do it in ffp rules but if they lose that final and / or don't get top 4 that will be rule book out the window and they will spend, spend and spend in the summer.

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Tried their best to rule our goals out didn't they...and what the fuck was the 'offside check' as it was titled when shown on screen about with Nunez's.

Yes. When you can clearly see he's onside on the screen and STILL they look at it for a 'clear and obvious' error - it's insane. As I've said before, there needs to be a one minute limit on VAR checks. If you can't see an obvious problem in one minute, it isn't fecking there!

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes. When you can clearly see he's onside on the screen and STILL they look at it for a 'clear and obvious' error - it's insane. As I've said before, there needs to be a one minute limit on VAR checks. If you can't see an obvious problem in one minute, it isn't fecking there!

Absolutely.

And the more you slow things down the 'worse' they look too

Clear and obvious not zoomed in and slowed down and rocked back and forth 25 frigging times

Just now, bizzle10 said:

we just dont control games anymore these are down to 10 and we still gave them chances i wouldnt be surprised if we gave a goal away

Give them a break. First, we're trying to start to play our way out of a nightmare period. Second, in doing that we're also trying to rebuild our confidence. Third, playing against ten men nearly always causes confusion for the other side, even when they're in better shape than us. And fourth, we've scored two goals and got the keeper sent off. Show a bit of faith!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No way would I weaken our side for the second half we are still showing glaring weaknesses and being exposed.

Well we didn't get the 3rd. I mean I know Newcastle away is a good atmosphere but as you say our ability to manage the game is shocking. We should be doing much better up against 10 and 2 up. Hopefully an early goal comes. 

We just need to pass and pass and be patient. Nothing more than that. Aside from fatigue, the barcodes will also start thinking more about the cup final than this. Just keep hold of the ball. It was fairly natural in the first half we didn't quite know whether to stick or twist. Hopefully that's been clarified at HT.

Hopefully the supposed adults in the dressing room can coalesce their thoughts and just keep the ball. Draw them out and don't commit too many men forward as, defensively, we're a shambles still. Get their front 2 doing doggies and tire them out. It ain't fucking rocket science. Dingbats the lot of them

3 minutes ago, suzy said:

Redknapp was talking utter nonsense then

Total nonsense from him.

It is a clear pull back of ball with hand when he realises it is going to run into Salah's path after it hits his head.

As obvious a red as can see - denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity.

• Upvote 1