You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

12 Nov, 15:00 Liverpool Vs. Southampton

Lee909

11 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Fear he not physically strong enough and never will be . Shame football has come to this but ever since I took more of an interest in youth competitions it was/is quite obvious what clubs think will make it in premiership. Teams of u16 every one from 1 to 11 monsters, in fact men , at best one normal sized teenager per side at most . Think that's why we had freeish runs at Harvey and Carvalho.  Would help if we had at least one prime Souness or an in for Fab in the team at the minute to carry the physical midfield load.  Not the transfer thread but I would be all over buying Kante from Chelsea on a 2 year deal until we identify what the future midfield looks like. 

I am a critic of Elliott at times and he started woefully but when we attacked and when he assisted the goal gave him confidence and he had an excellent rest of first half. I thought he faded badly in the second too. He weakens us defensively because he's too slow,but can be excellent when attacking. I've said my piece on him in his own thread but a 7/10 yesterday overall for me Clive.

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nah. We'd be raging if that was given against us. Two players in a bit of a tussle, both locking arms and contact with their legs. No big swipe or kick from the defender, just the natural momentum of his leg making contact. It's still a contact sport.

If that's Kane and Konate I reckon most would back the defender there. 

Like I have said before, someone need to make a compilation of situations where Salah has been denied stonewall penalties and free kicks in dangerous areas, just to get the ball rolling in a campaign to address this.

We won yesterday, so people don’t care as much about it, but what if we had drawn or lost.

It actually gives more credibility to do it after a win, Klopp would have gone ballistic n the sidelines yesterday if he did not sit in the stands. 

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, redinblack said:

And another thing, why can't George Sephton just read out the teams, what's with the fellah doing the "let's get ready to rumble" type shite? No need.

Peter McDowell gets on my tits. He thinks he's at Madison Square Gardens being ringmaster for a World Heavyweight Boxing match.

11 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nah. We'd be raging if that was given against us. Two players in a bit of a tussle, both locking arms and contact with their legs. No big swipe or kick from the defender, just the natural momentum of his leg making contact. It's still a contact sport.

You're surely having a laugh?

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nope.

Opinions, eh?

Yeah. But nearly 50,000 in the ground seemed to think it wasnt just a coming together of arms and legs. Not sure how Mo's locking arms with a player he was a couple of metres ahead of while running and collecting the ball before the big gammut clattered him.

2 minutes ago, Code said:

Kick on the ball? Wtf?

He’s nowhere close to kick the ball, he drags him down though, stonewall penalty. 

I was referring to the De Bruyne example which doesn't show up in your post, but is what the tweet refers to. And I said a kick at the ball, not on it. Very different things.

For me, if you take a swipe and hit the man that's more of a pen.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah. But nearly 50,000 in the ground seemed to think it wasnt just a coming together of arms and legs. Not sure how Mo's locking arms with a player he was a couple of metres ahead of while running and collecting the ball before the big gammut clattered him.

Mate, you could make that argument with every team's players though. I bet 50,000 Spurs fans think every high ball Harry Kane collapses under is a foul.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I was referring to the De Bruyne example which doesn't show up in your post, but is what the tweet refers to. And I said a kick at the ball, not on it. Very different things.

For me, if you take a swipe and hit the man that's more of a pen.

Mate, you could make that argument with every team's players though. I bet 50,000 Spurs fans think every high ball Harry Kane collapses under is a foul.

Yeah but we both know pound to a penny, Kane would have got a pen for that challenge on Mo.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah but we both know pound to a penny, Kane would have got a pen for that challenge on Mo.

Is right.

And that fact shows up exactly what is wrong with the way different players are reffed.

A foul should be judged by what is happening not who it is happening to....

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

With hindsight, I'd say that Mo's penalty claim yesterday was no stronger or weaker than the Spurs claim against Trent last week. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, aws said:

Looking forward to six stressless weeks. It’ll be like the off-season we never had. 

Yes me too.

Ill watch some world cup games if its convenient but from a dispassionate point of view. I'll enjoy the time off. Unlike some of our players 

Stonewall penalty. Mo is in complete control of the ball, centre of goal, 10 yards out, about to pull the trigger. Defender’s knee catches him, from behind, then there’s a little tug on the arm to make doubly sure he unbalances Mo. Definite pen and red card, as defender is making no effort to get the ball. Referee bottles out of the decision, pure and simple. VAR compounds the error.

• Upvote 2

I wasn't sure the Mo thing was a pen at the time, but ultimately the defender is behind him and grabs hold of him. If they were side by side, he could do that and its just a tussle, but when the forward is ahead of you and you grab him, it's a pen.

We got away with one last week though, so I'm not too bothered about this other than I'm sick of Mo not getting ANY decisions. 

• Upvote 2