You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

12 Nov, 15:00 Liverpool Vs. Southampton

Lee909

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Allison is fuckin brilliant. It seems Konate is now our go to CH as VVD is hopelessly out of form and our lack of pace in midfield is so telling that James Milner looked like a prime Raheem Sterling when coming on.

I thought Virg was good today. 

• Upvote 1

Thoughts from the game:

Who was that new keeper we had in goal? I didnt recognise Alli with his haircut and having shaved his beard off! The boy was magnificent yet again. I counted at least 3 world class saves and he collected balls out of the air like plucking apples off a tree. He even made gathering low shots look piss easy when they're anything but. MoTM for me.

Bit of a weird game, almost like a cup tie. We could have won scoring another 3 or 4. At the same time and if it wasnt for Alli, we could have conceeded another 3 or 4.

Thoought Joe was solid again today. Konate injured again, you say? Hmmm.

I said to the lads next to me 'The Southampton keeper looks a bit small!' seconds before Bobby's header from just inside the box seemed to be just out of the keeper's reach! Did Bobby make Tite look a tit with his performance?

Mo really should have scored around the 15 minute but was too casual with his shot which the keeper reached. How the fuck is that not a pen for Mo in the 2nd half? The fat cunt ref just waved it away. Obviously I cant see if the defender got a touch of the ball from where I am in the SKD Upper down the Annie Road End but lots of people in the Kop and closer than me thought that should have been a pen.

Mo's in front of the defender who makes a desparate lunge. Mo seems to fall backwards. Why would Mo go down there when he's 1 on 1 with the keeper? Fucking diabolical the decisions Mo isnt getting unless the defender did get a touch.

It's laughable some people say Harvey 'isnt good enough.' Yeah, that ball to Darwin was pure filth, wasnt it? The boy got a standing ovation when he went off.

Darwin was virtually unplayable especially in the first half.  Maybe should have got at least another goal, his header late in the 2nd half looked destined for the top right of the Kop goal.

Big Game James' 600th PL game! Good bit of sportsmanship in the 1st half when Robbo and a Southampton player tangled by the corner flag with the ball going out for a Southampton goalkick. Both players tagging each other after. Like to see a bit of that.

Ward Prowse, worth a cheeky bid in the January window?

We needed that win, it's just a shame we now have to wait 6 weeks before we play our next league game.

Something kicked off in the home area of the Annie lower tier down to my right. Bizzies and stewards waded in where a number of people were standing. Whether some people wanted to sit down and others stand led to some sort of confrontation, I dont know. But, you dont like to see the Police going into the home support like that.

The Last Post before the game, awesome and respect to the bugler.

• Upvote 3

Just now, redinblack said:

And another thing, why can't George Sephton just read out the teams, what's with the fellah doing the "let's get ready to rumble" type shite? No need.

"AND.

FOR.

LIVERPOOOOOOL"

It is a bit shit. It's the kind of cheerleading you get at every no-mark club that isn't us.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I thought he was much better as an attacker than defender. Gomez was excellent.

Gomez performance was nothing to do with how I saw Big Virg. But I would agree Gomez was on it today,though the bloke behind me disagreed who bitched about him and Trent all game long

Can’t get over how few of their players I know. Genuinely haven’t heard of most of them. Every name of their that came up on the scoreboard during the match - the bookings, the subs off and on - with maybe 2 exception - never heard of the cunts.

5 minutes ago, Code said:

Go get an consultation with an optician, you need glasses.

Nah. We'd be raging if that was given against us. Two players in a bit of a tussle, both locking arms and contact with their legs. No big swipe or kick from the defender, just the natural momentum of his leg making contact. It's still a contact sport.

If that's Kane and Konate I reckon most would back the defender there. 

23 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Nah. We'd be raging if that was given against us. Two players in a bit of a tussle, both locking arms and contact with their legs. No big swipe or kick from the defender, just the natural momentum of his leg making contact. It's still a contact sport.

Problem is we are seeing the same thing given most weeks. They see contact on VAR and tell the ref to have a look. 

Also if its Kane he's getting the pen. 

47 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

No chance. If that's Konate I'd be raging at him for putting his hands on the attacker and pulling him back, I'd have no problem with the ref giving it at all.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Contact sport doesn't mean you can shin the calf of the attacker's shooting leg as he's lining up to shoot.

9 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If we don't buy some decent midfielders we are fucked. Harvey is brilliant with the ball and clever but I still can't decide if he weakens the team or strengthens it, I'm falling towards weakening it. It says nothing about the player he can be or how good he will be for us, he's so young.

Fear he not physically strong enough and never will be . Shame football has come to this but ever since I took more of an interest in youth competitions it was/is quite obvious what clubs think will make it in premiership. Teams of u16 every one from 1 to 11 monsters, in fact men , at best one normal sized teenager per side at most . Think that's why we had freeish runs at Harvey and Carvalho.  Would help if we had at least one prime Souness or an in for Fab in the team at the minute to carry the physical midfield load.  Not the transfer thread but I would be all over buying Kante from Chelsea on a 2 year deal until we identify what the future midfield looks like.