You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (H) Premier League 16/10/22 - 16:30

Bjornebye

38 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Konate hasn’t been pictured in any training sessions today. But there is hope as Thiago wasn’t pictured training before the Arsenal game but obviously ended up playing.

Must drive Jürgen nuts. Which player (s) will be missing this week. 

9 minutes ago, an tha said:

I think i'd rather keep Gomez at RB and play Phillips at centre half than play Milner at RB v these.

Foden absolutely destroyed him at RB last season.

Me too. It wouldn’t be fair on Milner either. He deserves better than to be over used and all over the place this season, he’s been so good for us.

Nat is in the squad, we kept him so let’s use him if needed.

But I think Konate will start.

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

Me too. It wouldn’t be fair on Milner either. He deserves better than to be over used and all over the place this season, he’s been so good for us.

Nat is in the squad, we kept him so let’s use him if needed.

But I think Konate will start.

Yeah it actually risks hurting how is viewed.....it is not his fault, he shouldn't be put into situations he has been/potentially could be.

Been a terrific servant.

• Upvote 2

There were 9 goals in the Manchester Derby. There could well be 9 goals at Anfirld, but there’s no way City are getting 6.

They might get 3…or 4…..but we’re gonna get MORE …and win. It’s going to be a hum-dinger.

Carvalho and Elliot out-ran everybody else against Rangers and I think there’s a case for one of them starting to inject a youthful press into midfield. Hassle the crap out of City.

I wouldn’t start Mo. Hold him back. Start Nunez with Jota, Bobby just behind. Nunez might just sneak a goal or two, and then bring him off at about 60 minutes for the plaudits, and unleash Mo.

Break a leg Haaland.

5-3 The Reds. Season officially starts here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, an tha said:

Yeah it actually risks hurting how is viewed.....it is not his fault, he shouldn't be put into situations he has been/potentially could be.

Been a terrific servant.

Then he should have left.  Absolutely fucking pointless having a squad player who can’t be relied on and there’s more then enough of them now.

8 hours ago, Red Shift said:

There were 9 goals in the Manchester Derby. There could well be 9 goals at Anfirld, but there’s no way City are getting 6.

They might get 3…or 4…..but we’re gonna get MORE …and win. It’s going to be a hum-dinger.

Carvalho and Elliot out-ran everybody else against Rangers and I think there’s a case for one of them starting to inject a youthful press into midfield. Hassle the crap out of City.

I wouldn’t start Mo. Hold him back. Start Nunez with Jota, Bobby just behind. Nunez might just sneak a goal or two, and then bring him off at about 60 minutes for the plaudits, and unleash Mo.

Break a leg Haaland.

I'd be starting Mo along with Bobby, Darwin and Diogo. 

With a number of players fighting for form, think you need to play as many of our in form players alongside them. Bobby has scored 5 in his last 3, Darwin 2 in 2 and Mo is coming in off a hat trick. 

Diogo has looked pretty good as well. If they were a bit more defensive minded then I would put Harvey or Carvalho as well as I agree about the press and the high energy.

However think that would leave us far too open so on that basis would well expect to see one of them after about 60 mins. 

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Then he should have left.  Absolutely fucking pointless having a squad player who can’t be relied on and there’s more then enough of them now.

Oh we have fucked up by keeping crocks like Keita and Oxlade around - no doubt.

Milner at least adds some value in terms of being around to set an example to younger players and for his know how etc.

Minutes in early rds of milk cup and fa cup if we draw lower league opposition and 10/15 mins here and there in league games/european cup that are done and dusted as one of 5 subs to help give players a rest....

What he absolutely should not be doing is starting games and what he even more absolutely should not be doing is starting games at right back versus the best team in the country...None of that is his fault mind - it isn't his fault the crocks in midfield who should be ahead of him are never available/even when they are Klopp does not really trust them and he finds himself playing.....and it isn't his fault our only RB cover is a centre half (who is injury prone himself and who has a fellow centre half who is injury prone) and a kid who has never played for us.

9 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Break a leg Haaland.

I'm afraid our season is already well under way.

But I agree I think there's a chance we could win a high scoring game.

1 hour ago, HBenn said:

If they were a bit more defensive minded then I would put Harvey or Carvalho as well as I agree about the press and the high energy

Both these lads are promising, in different ways, but defensively they remind me of small dogs chasing joggers up a street, with opponents swarming past them without a backward glance.

Ali

Gomez, Konate, VvD, Robbo

Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago

Mo, Bobby, Jota

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Both these lads are promising, in different ways, but defensively they remind me of small dogs chasing joggers up a street, with opponents swarming past them without a backward glance.

Ali

Gomez, Konate, VvD, Robbo

Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago

Mo, Bobby, Jota

Yeah, would agree with that at this stage.

Fabio reminds me a lot of Bobby. Remember when Bobby first arrived and Brendan played him out on the wing and he just didn't have the raw speed for that role.

I think similar with Fabio. Lovely football brain, links the play well and could really be effective through the middle but also needs a few months building up a bit of muscle as teams just knock him about at the moment. 

Next season I think he will really kick on

• Upvote 1

Big part of tomorrow is us, if we show up(the fans) which to be fair we can be honest and say the ground hasn’t been rocking for a while, but if we show up and get the noise and atmosphere up to what it can be, then anything is possible. There is no greater ground and atmosphere than ours, when we’re on it, we just have to make sure we’re on it.

No holding back tomorrow, boys and girls, the team needs us. 

• Upvote 3