You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Didn't think anyone could be worse/more of a cunt than the previous fat blonde blob but I am sadly mistaken. 

I really don't think she came up with these policies all by herself.  She's not much of a cunt but a complete shill bankrupting the country to pay off her backers. 

I am genuinely sickened by these tax handouts paid for by borrowing . All the royal bollocks we have had shovelled upon us for weeks is nothing compared to the utterly repugnant logic spouted by her and her minions . Vile lies all of it.  

• Upvote 1

As I said further up the thread, she doesn't believe it'll really work or care, it's a gank and grab. 

They've been doing it since 2010. Mass transfer of wealth from Joe sixpack to their ultra walthy donors. Libraries, community centres, parks. 

Jenrick changed the planning laws, Brexit let them change employment laws, she's lifting bankers bonuses. They're termites. 

She's just attempting to stoke a short-term boom before going to the country in 2024. Any superficial growth won't boost government coffers. Stamp duty cuts to offer the feelgood factor for her natural Tory supporters in the south.

This all has the capacity to go badly off the rails through her failed dogmatic thinking. If the markets react badly to hundreds of billions of additional un-costed borrowing government borrowing costs will rocket. If she doesn't see any growth and we slip into a prolonged recession she'll be doomed. BoE will raise interest rates accordingly.

This is just the start, workers rights are next. holiday entitlement and 45 hour working weeks will be binned.

She'll be back squeezing public sector spending and cutting benefits next to attempt to offset her failed economic policy.

Raab has finally got one thing right, this is definitely an electoral suicide note.

8 minutes ago, clangers said:

She's just attempting to stoke a short-term boom before going to the country in 2024. Any superficial growth won't boost government coffers. Stamp duty cuts to offer the feelgood factor for her natural Tory supporters in the south.

This all has the capacity to go badly off the rails through her failed dogmatic thinking. If the markets react badly to hundreds of billions of additional un-costed borrowing government borrowing costs will rocket. If she doesn't see any growth and we slip into a prolonged recession she'll be doomed. BoE will raise interest rates accordingly.

This is just the start, workers rights are next. holiday entitlement and 45 hour working weeks will be binned.

She'll be back squeezing public sector spending and cutting benefits next to attempt to offset her failed economic policy.

Raab has finally got one thing right, this is definitely an electoral suicide note.

The real problem is if the markets do react badly and the pound slides further, all that will do is fuel inflation even more. We can't afford to lose any more ground on the dollar if we want to get inflation under control, because absolutely everything we spend is linked to the dollar in some way. 

They've waged a class war. The below is little more than a state murder.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/apr/21/stephen-smith-liverpool-seriously-ill-emaciated-man-denied-benefits-dwp-dies?s=09

Edit;   "Universil credit, 67 pounds per week"

What?? ..Fucking hell.

I knew it was low but that's disgraceful, how do they expect people to survive on that amount without turning to crime?

There's no intent to improve things for the economy and "ordinary" people.  It's a case of throwing their usual supporters a bone to cling to and look the other way while they transfer as much public money to private business and the rich while they can. They know they are on borrowed time, so grab as much as they can before getting booted out.

As if that's not bad enough there's still a very real prospect they won't get booted out, but it's what they're planning for imo.

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

They've waged a class war. The below is little more than a state murder.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/apr/21/stephen-smith-liverpool-seriously-ill-emaciated-man-denied-benefits-dwp-dies?s=09

Edit;   "Universil credit, 67 pounds per week"

What?? ..Fucking hell.

I knew it was low but that's disgraceful, how do they expect people to survive on that amount without turning to crime?

I hate seeing that story, fucking heartbreaking. How anybody could look at that man and say with a straight face that he was fit for work sickens me? The soulless inhuman bastards!