You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Sat 3rd Sep 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

7 hours ago, Grinch said:

Except mane was shit for 18 months before being tapped up by Bayern.  Replaced by Diaz and moved central for a few months, Diaz who’s looked far bette than mane has for many a year.  Salah has fuck all to do with the side of the pitch.

Replacing Wijnakdum with Thiago has a lot to do with that side but the Spaniards fan club will never hear of it despite Robertson also being completely fucking hopeless since.

The Spaniard is consistently our best player when he’s on the pitch.  Tsimikas is a big improvement on Robertson, but I don’t hear any of the Scots fan club admit that.  Mane was the big loss, not wijnauldum ffs.

diaz offers less than half of what Mane gave us, even when he was not on form.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We were unkucky with our chances. Some questionable selections and substitutions, though we are backed into a corner somewhat. I'd rather Everton shithoused their way to a point but they didn't play up near as much as expected, deserved a point unfortunately.

Subs fucked it, Milner and Robbo were dreadful, Milner was that bad they fucked him off from right back and put Gomez in after about 10 minutes, pointless change that.

On another day we’d have won in the same fashion as last season, something isn’t right though, front three need time to gel because at the moment they look like three individuals, hardly any communication between them…

Bobby and then Jota in the latter stages helped they started pulling defenders about and interchanging which we didn’t see enough of, it was very predictable on times.

6 hours ago, Grinch said:

Why the fuck is she branding a fan base based on someone’s actions.  Cunts and saints support all clubs, including our own.

So much tribal bullshit with football.  Can’t wait to duck it off soon.  Imagine I go out tonight and do a horrible deed wearing me 1988 top, it says nowt about you or any other red.  There’s no hive mind.

She's calling out the "multiple fans around me". And it's hardly "tribal" if it's the behaviour of your own fans you're calling out.

Everybody knows that every fanbase has some pricks; what she's complaining about is that the group of people she sits among every other week contains so many pricks.

3 hours ago, stringvest said:

The Spaniard is consistently our best player when he’s on the pitch.  Tsimikas is a big improvement on Robertson, but I don’t hear any of the Scots fan club admit that.  Mane was the big loss, not wijnauldum ffs.

Agree with all but the last bit really. A poor mane was frustrating as hell. 

3 hours ago, Trojan1892 said:

Subs fucked it, Milner and Robbo were dreadful, Milner was that bad they fucked him off from right back and put Gomez in after about 10 minutes, pointless change that.

Robbo was dreadful?

Except for all those dangerous crosses into the box?

Overall, he wasn't as good as Kostas, but to say he was dreadful is bizarre.  I'm as fed up as anyone about the outcome of the game but to single out Milner and Robbo is really odd.

I'd even argue with saying Milner was dreadful, but I can see that is a little more up for debate.

12 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's one of those games that will look misleading statistically. People will say Pickford is man of the match, we should have scored, etc ,etc... but the only thing we create in the first half is a long ball and then in the second, we start getting shots in through set pieces and when Everton open up and think they can win the game.

There were no patterns on our part whatsoever.

I disagree.

There were times we controlled the ball and the tempo, and there were times we were pacey and incisive.

They were there for all to see.

Our trouble is we can't put the two together like we have in the past few seasons.  We could control play for long periods to nullify the opposition, then could get in with three passes and quick movement beyond the ball.

It used to be that you could count on one hand when the opposition had a say, and this season that is not the case.

Yet we could easily have won that game yesterday - even in injury time we got in.

32 minutes ago, razor said:

I disagree.

There were times we controlled the ball and the tempo, and there were times we were pacey and incisive.

They were there for all to see.

Our trouble is we can't put the two together like we have in the past few seasons.  We could control play for long periods to nullify the opposition, then could get in with three passes and quick movement beyond the ball.

It used to be that you could count on one hand when the opposition had a say, and this season that is not the case.

Yet we could easily have won that game yesterday - even in injury time we got in.

We had enough chances to win, I agree with that, but I don't think that means we played well. 

1 hour ago, J-V said:

On the plus side Trent’s been so shit lately he’ll likely miss the Workd Cup.

To be fair to Trent fuck knows what he's being asked to do. He's either a right back or he isn't, currently I've no fucking idea what he is. We are playing in a weird way that has somehow made our predictable weaknesses even weaker. More than anything we need our injured players back, Nunez needs bedding into the team. Personally I think we need a tactical reevaluation of what we are doing. Whatever it is we are over thinking it.

We look tired which bodes really badly for this season because this is just the start of the fixture build up, if we are tired now we are in big trouble. Looking and knowing what the fixtures were like this season means selling all those players we that have done and doing the bare minimum in the market is damn near criminal. We've sabotaged ourselves.

Fuck knows how we fix this I can only think of being more conservative in our play, conserve energy build from the back. Be practical with what we have available because this is looking scarily like last time when we just kept trying to play the same way and it gave off the vibe the manager and co didn't have a clue what to do and expected the universe to correct it 

If we were to match their results between now and October, we could cut the gap to two points by beating City at home, a result that we’re long overdue. 

We badly need Thiago (or Arthur if he’s any way fit for purpose) in there though. 

There are slight reasons to be hopeful with players finally returning. 

9 hours ago, stringvest said:

Thiago - yes, don't see that as controversial, magnitudes better than anyone else we have in there.

Tsimikas - is really good, but has his defensive weaknesses too and his crossing isn't as consistent or dangerous as people sometimes make out. I think we're lucky to have both and Robbo's time needs to be managed more as he will run himself into the ground otherwise.

Diaz is also ace, pretty much every game he's been quite unlucky not to score (or score more), but he has a couple of bad habits coming through (running around the defence rather than helping us get through) that the team needs to help him avoid.

But those habits are throughout the team right now. Salah's movement, Trent's lack of diligence, the midfield sitting and watching each other play, van Dijk trying to quarterback things. The worst is the midfield, the link ups all follow the same patterns, we're struggling to commit defenders and beat the press and a bit more effort in there would help.

I'm really hoping Jota's return will prove a catalyst, would actually have liked Jones in yesterday as think he's a better option in the middle than Carvalho (who's a one-way midfielder from what I've seen, they both are really, but Jones has worked on it more). But he's another that seems to drop off the teamsheet when you need him these days. Would even have been a good one to have Chamberlain in there.

All in all a frustrating season so far.

• Upvote 1

Thank god that crap is over for another year. Absolutely despise the Derby especially the one at their prehistoric shit tip. 

They turn into rabid seething cunts for the whole day and always have some refereeing decision to complain about. Every single Derby they always seem to be cheated out of at least 3 penalties then go on about it for years. 

Oh and the league is back to being corrupt again in favour of the Sky 6. 

We are to static at the moment, we don't have players breaking the lines regularly with or without the ball.

Thiago is a massive miss, both with him doing this regularly himself and with his passing.

Getting Matip back will also help us with this as he does it a lot from the back.

Jota will also help in this regard.

I am not negative at all when it comes to our coming games, but we can't keep on getting all these injuries, simple as that.

Milner is finished, I text my mate after a few minutes saying I would sub him off again and put Matip on.

Klopp kind of did this, but in a way to spare Milner from the shame. 

• Upvote 2