You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Just as well Jurgen and the lads aren’t as defeatist as those on here who never tire of telling us that Man City can’t be overtaken. 

City are very fortunate to have the points total they do. Anyone who could not perceive them dropping points simply doesn't have the capacity to see beyond a week-to-week basis: its the worst version of City in the past 5 years (toss up with last season's .. but its probably this season) and they literally only needed to lose 2 games (incl. vs ourselves) to put the title in our hands.

That said, if we trot either Curtis Jones/Chamberlain .. and to a much lesser extent 2 from Henderson/Milner/Keita out with any regularity in the midfield we'll be dropping a fair number of points ourselves. Keep our house in order and we have a good shot. The 1 in 3 chance the bookies have for us now probably feels accurate.

There’s the issue of how much self pressure will City feel under now too. If we beat Leeds in midweek, they’ve gone from a 12 point lead down to a 3 point lead with lots of football still to be played. I wonder if that is nibbling away at them inside? That they could be viewed as bottlers if we manage to peg them back? And just the typical pressure of seeing your rival in the race coasting up just behind you. Menacingly. 

[OptaJoe] 7 - Romelu Lukaku had just seven touches against Crystal Palace, the fewest in a single Premier League game for a player with 90+ minutes played since this data is available in full for the competition (2003-04). One of those touches was from kick-off in the first half. Quiet.

2 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

[OptaJoe] 7 - Romelu Lukaku had just seven touches against Crystal Palace, the fewest in a single Premier League game for a player with 90+ minutes played since this data is available in full for the competition (2003-04). One of those touches was from kick-off in the first half. Quiet.

£100mill well spent

1 minute ago, Funkasy said:

It just doesn't work for him at Chelsea, it didn't first time round, and nothing much has changed. I know he's supposed to be a Chelsea fan, but they just aren't for him.

Everywhere else he's played he's banged loads even when off form - West Brom, Shite, Manc Shite, and Inter, but he's not doing much for them.

If Inter weren't on their arses financially he'd have been better staying put.

I await his hat-trick in next Sunday's final now obviously!

8 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

chelsea played Palace with Palace unable to field one of their best players, Gallagher, because he's a chelsea loanee.

Some hack in the papers finally pointed out what we've know for the best part of 15 years, chelsea youths are loaned out to PL clubs so they can play against chelsea's opponents but not themselves. Gilmour at Norwich is another one.

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

It just doesn't work for him at Chelsea, it didn't first time round, and nothing much has changed. I know he's supposed to be a Chelsea fan, but they just aren't for him.

Everywhere else he's played he's banged loads even when off form - West Brom, Shite, Manc Shite, and Inter, but he's not doing much for them.

If Inter weren't on their arses financially he'd have been better staying put.

I await his hat-trick in next Sunday's final now obviously!

That blow up between him and tuchel has done a lot of damage.

I reckon.

I thought it was going to be a proper 3 way fight this season.

My wife took a video of the sceeenes!!!! in our living room when Harry Kane (Gawd bless 'im), and amidst all the pandemonium you can hear my son shouting "curse you McDuck!" It seems he has made the connection between Pep Guardiola and Flintheart Glomgold, the antagonist in DuckTales:

glomgold_3.jpg

From the mouth of babes...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Hojberg wouldn't last 5 minutes in a Klopp system he's far too immobile. Already struggling in a Conte style pressing system as it is.

Can't stand Kane but that was honestly one of if not the best individual performance I've seen so far this season, he was fantastic.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

We win our game in hand and its down to 3 points. That will be a massive psychological blow to city as at one point they were 12 points ahead. Even though we had games in hand it was still a massive gap. 

Pain in the arse that we will finally play our game in hand, only for us to immediately have a game in hand again after this weekend due to the arsenal game originally being scheduled the same day we're playing the carabao final.