Quantcast
Greatest 70s Movie - Group 4 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Greatest 70s Movie - Group 4

Greatest 70s Movie - Group 4  

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Two

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/05/21 at 08:13

I nominated The Last Detail but voted for Halloween instead (early Carpenter loyalty) along with French Connection which is the best film in the group for me. So it will probably end up with zero to a couple of votes at best but If you have not seen The Last Detail at all or in a long time, I urge you to do so, I saw it again recently and it was even better than I remembered it. If you are into films with the quest /journey/ road movie type of structure and appreciate great acting, it will be a treat.

Dirty Harry is a pop-culture classic, but FC is a better film, I think Mad Max would either have been forgotten now or stand as an obscure cult film without the Road Warrior "sequel". Network I have not seen in a long time but remember it as preachy, high concept and a bit dated. Play Misty I remember as OK, I have not seen The Omen since I was a kid.

29 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I nominated The Last Detail but voted for Halloween instead (early Carpenter loyalty) along with French Connection which is the best film in the group for me. So it will probably end up with zero to a couple of votes at best but If you have not seen The Last Detail at all or in a long time, I urge you to do so, I saw it again recently and it was even better than I remembered it. If you are into films with the quest /journey/ road movie type of structure and appreciate great acting, it will be a treat.

Dirty Harry is a pop-culture classic, but FC is a better film, I think Mad Max would either have been forgotten now or stand as an obscure cult film without the Road Warrior "sequel". Network I have not seen in a long time but remember it as preachy, high concept and a bit dated. Play Misty I remember as OK, I have not seen The Omen since I was a kid.

On this occasion, I voted for the films I nominated - Network and Play Misty for Me.

I didn’t realise The Last Detail had made the tournament. One of Jack Nicholson’s best performances, in my opinion. Is The Passenger in the tournament? A very good film, one which a lot people don’t mention when discussing Nicholson’s work.

22 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

The French Connection easily. Went for Network as my second choice. 

Same.

The French Connection is by far and away the best film in the group.

@Tony Moanero I don't think The Passenger made it.

• Upvote 2

French Connection and the Last Detail. I've never seen Network and the rest of this group is meh.

I'm still sulking about the cunt of a draw Brian and Jake got.

37 minutes ago, mars said:

Does anyone else find The French Connection a tad racist? Last time I tried to watch it I gave up after 15 minutes.

To French people?

5 hours ago, skaro said:

I'll go for The Omen and Network.

Spot on.

French Connection narrowly misses out.

• Like 1