You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) 21/6/2020

Bjornebye

Ferocity. Urgency. Coolness. Know-how. Ingenuity. Nervelessness. Bravery. Obduracy. Offensive-outlook. Outrageous skill.

I don't ask for much.

Hopefully the extended break has refreshed a few tired limbs, as we looked like we were feeling it a little bit. You know that the likes of Big Game James and Robbo will be well up for it. We'll have to see how the different (and enforced) intensity in training affects things out on the pitch. Regardless, ignore whatever happens in the City-Arsenal game earlier that week, ignore the fact that this is a derby game, and just focus on getting the 3 points and extending/maintaining the current 25-point lead. There's an awful lot the team has done right this season, and whatever the reasons are behind that, the thinking and mindset behind them are what works brilliantly for this squad so just keep it up.

• Upvote 3

Guest Alex_K

Had a ticket for this one - gutted as this would have been the most gleeful Goodison game in memory and a chance it would have clinched it (should have clinched it if not for Lovren at Watford). Expect we’ll be all over these — from Ancelloti down its a very mercenary set up and imagine they’ll come back from the break still half asleep.

39 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Santo Domingo

Calvin Aldi

Diogenes the Cynic

Toffeeblue 

Catcherintherye 

1878Kopiites are Gobshites

SantaClausisanEvertonian

John Merro

The Esk

Your boys took one hell of a beating!!!!

DaveK/ Davoth Kelly deserves a mention!

Normally, I'd say "Just get these beat, Reds", but this is personal.  Get them abused, humiliated, traumatised, pulverised and whimpering for mercy that will never be forthcoming.

We beat them with the kids.  We battered them with a half-strength team.  This time, go strong and destroy them.

Imagine being a blue, 3 months no football, keen to see what they will look like with players coming back from injuries and the first game is us battering them at their place and even closer to the title. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Had a ticket for this one - gutted as this would have been the most gleeful Goodison game in memory and a chance it would have clinched it (should have clinched it if not for Lovren at Watford). Expect we’ll be all over these — from Ancelloti down its a very mercenary set up and imagine they’ll come back from the break still half asleep.

Bloody hell, football’s been gone so long I’d forgotten about Ancelotti!

Guest Alex_K
1 minute ago, suzy said:

Bloody hell, football’s been gone so long I’d forgotten about Ancelotti!

He's probably forgotten about Everton. Wouldn't want to be the one to let him know he's got to go back.

10 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

He's probably forgotten about Everton. Wouldn't want to be the one to let him know he's got to go back.

Whenever I think of Carlo, I think of the final scenes in Goodfellas when henry is in witness protection in the middle of nowhere.

"I had it all. I had respect. Pirlo, Kaka and Maldini. Those were the days. I wanted good looking ladies and Silvio would send a limo and take me to one of his bunga bunga parties. The greatest spaghetti in the world at the click of my fingers. Now I ask for bolognese and I get Dolmio with shitty pasta from Lidl. I ask for a footballer and I get Michael Keane, who is a shit Phil Jones tribute act. I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my like like a schmuck".

• Upvote 7

Guest Alex_K
10 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Whenever I think of Carlo, I think of the final scenes in Goodfellas when henry is in witness protection in the middle of nowhere.

"I had it all. I had respect. Pirlo, Kaka and Maldini. Those were the days. I wanted good looking ladies and Silvio would send a limo and take me to one of his bunga bunga parties. The greatest spaghetti in the world at the click of my fingers. Now I ask for bolognese and I get Dolmio with shitty pasta from Lidl. I ask for a footballer and I get Michael Keane, who is a shit Phil Jones tribute act. I'm an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my like like a schmuck".

Yes its a very existential quandary. Everton has probably had a very covid-like quality of making his life flash before his eyes.