You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How did you vote in previous General Elections?

Guest Edwyn C

Guest Edwyn C
4 hours ago, Kevin D said:

I vote by post and happily share it on this forum to encourage folks to do likewise, but given what we know about Cambridge Analytica and the dark arts of the alt-right, I think it's pretty fucking cheeky for some knobhead to rock up and just go "how have all you weirdo commies all voted over the last 25 years?"

Yeah that's fair enough, it was a bit cheeky for a new member / knobhead to start that topic on my first day of posting on TLW. 

In my defence i was pissed last night and got carried away with posting too much. I like the political threads on the forum so thought i would get involved instead of lurking all the time. 

I'm on the left politically so i'm a "weirdo commie" myself. I'm more Tony Benn Labour than Miliband / Blair labour. I would vote Labour or anybody else at the moment to keep the tories out. But out of the current political parties i have more in common with the Green party. 

Anyway i'll keep my head down for a bit and go back to lurking now i'm sober.  

1987 : In Sheffield, voted Labour against Zionist gobshite and friend of Duckenfield, Irvine Patnick. Wasn’t convinced that a tactical vote for the Liberal candidate was of any use. 
1992 : Back here. Voted Labour against David Alton, as any reasonable supporter of the freedom of women to make their own reproductive choices would do.

1997 : Voted Labour,  in what was now a safe seat after the reduction in Liverpool constituencies.

2001 :  Voted Labour.

2005 : Did not vote. Labour still won.

2010 : Reluctantly voted Labour.

2015 : Green, against the sitting member.

2017 : Green (see 2015)

2019 : Labour

9 minutes ago, Edwyn C said:

Yeah that's fair enough, it was a bit cheeky for a new member / knobhead to start that topic on my first day of posting on TLW. 

In my defence i was pissed last night and got carried away with posting too much. I like the political threads on the forum so thought i would get involved instead of lurking all the time. 

I'm on the left politically so i'm a "weirdo commie" myself. I'm more Tony Benn Labour than Miliband / Blair labour. I would vote Labour or anybody else at the moment to keep the tories out. But out of the current political parties i have more in common with the Green party. 

11 minutes ago, Edwyn C said:

Or just stick to your other account. The multi-accounting is tedious as fuck. 

Guest Edwyn C
45 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Yes Edwyn Collins was the reason behind my username. That's a great song.

I don't understand the stuff about multi-accounts? 

5 minutes ago, Edwyn C said:

Yes Edwyn Collins was the reason behind my username. That's a great song.

I don't understand the stuff about multi-accounts? 

There's always at least a 50/50 chance that any new poster is Code. 

Turdseye seems to think you are Blog Blert though. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Edwyn C
21 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

There's always at least a 50/50 chance that any new poster is Code. 

Turdseye seems to think you are Blog Blert though. 

Ah okay thanks i understand now. I'm genuinely not any of those other people, but i guess i would say that. 

First time I voted was in 2010 for Lib Dem. That scarred me though and had no interest in voting in 2015. Voted Labour in 2019 and would have voted Labour in 2017 but was in Asia when the election was called.

I live in a Tory safe seat unfortunately though, so it feels a bit like pissing in the wind.