You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

To characterise LFI as a group established expressly to provide support to the oppressors of the Palestinian people then double down by suggesting attending a event with LFI is publicly siding with the perpetrators of racist violence and oppression all while dismissing criticism of Corbyn on the basis of who he met or had dealings as them just making political smears is... interesting logic. 

I’ve made no secret of my dislike of Israel’s actions on here, but Gordon Brown was a Labour Friend of Israel. To imply that his membership of that is to be an ally of oppression and siding with the perpetrators of racist violence, as if those are the things he is supporting, would be as ludicrous as suggesting that Corbyn met members of Hamas due to his support of killing Jewish kids. It’s actually incredibly tribal, blinkered, and nasty. Does anybody seriously thing that Starmer, knighted for services to human rights, is in any way supportive of oppression and racist violence? 

Of course, there’ll be an attempt to weasel out of it by saying ‘I just meant Israel and Israel so these things’. Sure, of course that was the intention. That’s why you didn’t just say ‘Israel’ rather than go on about attending events with groups created to support a country carrying out oppression. Just like when Corbyn attackers bring up tea with terrorists. It’s all innocent. Honest. 

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I've just read (from an anti-Starmer outlet, so you can take it with as many pinches of salt as you like) that Starmer and Rayner are spending International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People at an event organised by JLM and LFI; two organisations established expressly to provide support to the oppressors of the Palestinian people. 

Unsurprisingly, it's a lie. Your international day of solidarity is on December 1st.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Unsurprisingly, it's a lie. Your international day of solidarity is on December 1st.

Unsurprisingly you ignored my straight question about Corbyn. 

Criticising a murderous regime for murder and oppression is not anti-semitism. Its humanity. Why do Israel get away with it????? Ask yourself that. 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Unsurprisingly you ignored my straight question about Corbyn.

Unsurprisingly, it was my birthday and I didn't fancy answering a stupid loaded question I've already answered on multiple occasions.

Criticising a murderous regime for murder and oppression is not anti-semitism. Its humanity. Why do Israel get away with it????? Ask yourself that.

This is the Keir Starmer thread, surely you can avoid ruining this one with your risible pet issues too.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Unsurprisingly, it was my birthday and I didn't fancy answering a stupid loaded question I've already answered on multiple occasions.

This is the Keir Starmer thread, surely you can avoid ruining this one with your risible pet issues too.

1. I couldn't give a fuck. Answer the question, you clearly had time to read it. yes or no. Oh, I know, you won't because you cant ever ever engage in a dialogue when you know you will be made to look a complete lying piece of shit. 

2. "pet issues" yep that sums you up. Its ok to kill, de-home and maim innocent women and children provided it fits 'your' agenda but dont you dare criticise it! FUCK ME "PET ISSUES" horrible prick 

37 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I was trying to work out what the confusion was here with dates, from what I can tell it's this :

You could say technically it's both today and the 1st Dec. Today marks the UN partition plan for Mandatory Palestine being separated into Arab and Jewish states in 1947, UN resolution 181. Sometimes the UN observe the day slightly off from that though and this year they're observing it on the 1st. It's still being recognised today though and the UN and Secretary-General of the UN are included in having done that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I was trying to work out what the confusion was here with dates, from what I can tell it's this :

You could say technically it's both today and the 1st Dec. Today marks the UN partition plan for Mandatory Palestine being separated into Arab and Jewish states in 1947, UN resolution 181. Sometimes the UN observe the day slightly off from that though and this year they're observing it on the 1st. It's still being recognised today though and the UN and Secretary-General of the UN are included in having done that.

Palestine. An actual country. Not one created less than 100 years ago that vows to expand because its "their right to exist"... Well actually whilst it is... its also not on to expand into land that isn't yours. Its an invasion you horrible murdering fucks 

I haven’t listened to it yet, but it was just a zoom call. Not sure he should really be lumped into the ‘supporting oppressors and racist murder’ group just yet. 

https://m.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=360&width=640&referrer=www.twitter.com&share_id&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FJewishLabour%2Fvideos%2F392647022054758%2F

7 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

So as long as his speech is over by midnight everyone can calm down? Starmerella if you will. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Numero said:

Ah dear old Ruth Smeeth. Lost the Stoke seat for Labour for the first time in its  history then blamed Jeremy Corbyn and anti semitism. So by Smeeths logic  the people of Stoke were so appalled by anti semitism they protested by chucking out the Jewish candidate who was a vocal opponent of anti semitism? Hmmm.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-2019-50772047

Just now, Scooby Dudek said:

So Starmer is looking at changing the rules so heroes like Joan Ryan and Mike Gapes can be allowed back into the party but obviously scumbags line Corbyn shouldn't be allowed to remain 

All perfectly fine and obviously a giant step towards unity 

Seems like. More unity below

https://labourlist.org/2020/11/rayner-says-thousands-of-labour-members-may-be-suspended-from-party/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I think he shouldn’t have his diary dominated by the pet project of the far left in the party.  The project that the general public couldn’t give a flying fuck about, particularly the ones in the north of England who abandoned Labour at the last election.  

What event is he missing?  Is there even anything he’s turned down? Or is he out building bridges after the party were found to be quite a bit racist?  

You analogy was wank by the way. 

Human rights, international law and opposition to racism isn't a "pet project of the far left of the party" - at least not in the Labour Party.  They might be obscure fringe interests in the kind of parties you vote for, but they're pretty fundamental to Labour. 

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Human rights, international law and opposition to racism isn't a "pet project of the far left of the party" - at least not in the Labour Party.  They might be obscure fringe interests in the kind of parties you vote for, but they're pretty fundamental to Labour. 

The Libs?  

You know that Palestine is a pet project of the hard left. It never ceases to amaze me where they get the flags from.  Palestine’s chief export might well be flags for U.K. demonstrations. 

18 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Only if they are anti Semitic. Surely you don’t want them to stay?  And you don’t believe they exist anyway so no drama. 

Well as the report stated that anti semitism is no worse in the labour party than other mainstream partys, I recall a 0 3 per cent figure being estimated, it would be mathematically impossible for "thousands upon thousands" of labour party members to be antisemitic.