You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shrewsbury (H) FA Cup - 4/2/2020 - 19:45

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

If it was up to me:

Adrian

Williams

Hoever

Matip

Larouci

Chirivella

Lallana

Jones

Elliott

Minamino

Origi

Be about right for me that maybe Lovren instead of Matip as Matip is ahead of Lovren in the pecking order - maybe if fit Shaqiri in too. 

Milners leadership qualities would have been handy too - again if fit.

But Klopp has made his decision hasn't he and the kids it is.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

According to the offal, it's sold out with just a few L postcode ticket sales available.

55,000 turning up to watch our juniors against a League 1 outfit - even at 15 quid a throw - is the best payday and most respect Salop will have ever been paid in a game of football.

We've even given them a decent chance of winning.

Imagine if this were at Emptyhad.

• Upvote 1

The under 23s beat Everton. If the under 23s lose to Shrewsbury, this means Shrewsbury are officially better than Everton. 

That's called a win win scenario. 

I hope we win. I know it's not highly valued this season but it would be amazing for our youngsters to beat a professional team in the biggest domestic cup competition. And I also want us to win a league and cup double. A trip to Wembley at the end of a league winning season would be brilliant. I think we're well capable of winning the CL and FA Cup this season so would like to see us go and win them all, now that the league is pretty much done.

• Upvote 1

Not even on tv here. And here I was thinking there'd be a lot of interest in this game given:

- The plight of Shrewsbury, who are representative of a typical lower-league club and how each scenario effects them. 

- More of a chance for the neutrals to see Liverpool lose, given the absence of senior players

- The real possibility of a treble rests on this fixture. 

- This is probably one of the most talked about u23 teams in world football, especially given a number of them have acquitted themselves well in the domestic cups so far this season. 

Critchley:

People are saying we're an under-23 team but we're not, we'll be an under-19 or under-20 team at best. There's always people saying young players don't get opportunity in this country, but they'll get one tomorrow and already had one this season - that's what the manager does

Team will be similar to the below no? As they'll try and get in the maximum amount of first team football experience on the pitch as possible

Kelleher

Williams

Hoever

Van Den Berg

Larouci

Jones

Chirivella

Lewis

Elliot

Hardy

Miller

That defence would concede a fair number of goals

If this game was played on paper I think we would win as our youth players have more talent than the Shrewsbury players, but I just think they will have all the motivation in the world and will fight for their lives to advance. Can't see us winning.

If we get through this, though, I think we can beat Chelsea who will have more stresses than us with the top 4 race and the Champions League. We'll only really have the Champions League around that time period which will concern us.

16 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Shrewsbury didnt get organised how to sell the tickets to their fans. It's their own ticket office.

I know it’s their own ticket office, but I’m wondering why there is no arrangement to enable their fans to collect it from our’s.