You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

When this whole situation exploded, I saw a lot of links between Vitamin D and Covid and it absolutely just made sense. Vitamin D is transported around the body by blood cells which is also how Covid-19 is transported. If the body is busy transporting Vitamin D around the body, it's less likely to start transporting things that it doesn't recognise. I was in from the off. This just confirms that it reduces the risk, rather than eliminates it (which is what I hoped!).

The reason it's not being banged out is simply that it's so cheap to manufacture that the profits involved are miniscule. As it doesn't cure anything, the medical institutions do not incorporate it in their documentation. That's a pretty disturbing reason but having looked into how GPs operate, I'd buy that as a reason. Diseases that require medication are profitable to the medical industry and can be taught in a medical institution. High blood pressure has a medication that can help solve it. If medication is not required in a case, you are told to lose weight, reduce stress etc.

Low blood pressure does not have a medication that can be prescribed, therefore this isn't something that is taught in medical institutions. Crazy.

GPs are effectively drug dealers who profit from a person's illlness. If you're not getting ill, you're not profitable to the institution. Next time you're at the Doctor's ask them how you can go from feeling as healthy as you are now to even healthier without medication and it will absolutely bamboozle them.

Here you go, genius. Literally not a single thing to do with what you posted here. Took me 5 seconds to find this. 

The vitamin D that is consumed in food or as a supplement is absorbed in the part of the small intestine immediately downstream from the stomach. Stomach juices, pancreatic secretions, bile from the liver, the integrity of the wall of the intestine — they all have some influence on how much of the vitamin is absorbed.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/9-things-that-can-undermine-your-vitamin-d-level#:~:text=The vitamin D that is,of the vitamin is absorbed.

17 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I've understated it, sorry. Ferguson's initial prediction was 1.5 million deaths.

Any sources for that other than this?

Boris Johnson was panicked into a national lockdown by “doomsday” warnings of 1.5million coronavirus deaths, a bombshell new book claims. 

Investigative author Tom Bower believes the Prime Minister was scared into the move back in March with the worry of mass deaths across the UK.

The Gambler, the explosive new book set to cause waves at Downing Street in the coming weeks, lifts the lid on the measures taken at the start of the pandemic.

Professor Neil Ferguson warned government officials 80 per cent of Brits would be infected with Covid-19, it is said.

Wrote some interesting books has Mr Bower. 

In 2019, a biography of Labour party leader Jeremy Corbyn, Dangerous Hero, was published. Serialised at length in the Mail on Sunday, it was a number 2 Sunday Times bestseller. The book accused Jeremy Corbyn of being an anti-Semitic Marxist. The book has been seriously criticised by Peter Oborne, writing in Middle East Eye, for its lack of referencing, alleged factual errors and the systematic omittance of relevant facts.Stephen Bush, writing in The Guardian, referred to the book as a "hatchet job" littered with "rudimentary errors" and journalist Oscar Rickett called it "garbage".

In the book, he made false allegations against the Palestinian Return Centre. Along with the publisher Harper Collins he made a full, unqualified withdrawal of the allegations, but neither apologised nor paid any money to the complainant or the lawyers. The allegations are to be removed from all future editions of the book. The Mail on Sunday and MailOnlinewho serialised the book had to pay full damages and issue a written apology.

The biography Boris Johnson: The Gambler was published by WH Allen on 15 October 2020 and has been noted for being sympathetic about the subject of the biography, in contrast with some of Bower's previous works.

A627064D-A6BF-4AC2-93C7-8C34691DB52A.png

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

It's not a logical fallacy when it's being claimed that these people are scientific ignoramuses.

That wasn’t what was happening though. It was a list of all the things he’d got wrong about the pandemic.  

He is obviously shit hot at chemistry, that doesn’t make him any authority on epidemiology. You citing his chemistry prize was an appeal to authority.  

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Here you go, genius. Literally not a single thing to do with what you posted here. Took me 5 seconds to find this. 

The vitamin D that is consumed in food or as a supplement is absorbed in the part of the small intestine immediately downstream from the stomach. Stomach juices, pancreatic secretions, bile from the liver, the integrity of the wall of the intestine — they all have some influence on how much of the vitamin is absorbed.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/9-things-that-can-undermine-your-vitamin-d-level#:~:text=The vitamin D that is,of the vitamin is absorbed.

When you take a Vitamin D supplement, the vitamin passes from your bloodstream into your liver. From here, it goes to the kidneys where it turns into calcitriol. It is then released back into your bloodstream and can now enter your bodys cells where it attaches to Vitamin D receptors.

Keep it coming, blert.

3 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

When you take a Vitamin D supplement, the vitamin passes from your bloodstream into your liver. From here, it goes to the kidneys where it turns into calcitriol. It is then released back into your bloodstream and can now enter your bodys cells where it attaches to Vitamin D receptors.

Keep it coming, blert.

Sigh. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You asked me which bit was a bit ‘conspiracy theory’ so I told you, it wasn’t taking you out of context. 

Your bit about doctors being appointed to sell drugs tells me where you are at.  So I’ll just leave it there.  

That doesn't give any credence to your statement.

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sigh. 

How does oxygen get into the bloodstream?

Inside the air sacs, oxygen moves across paper-thin walls to tiny blood vessels called capillaries and into your blood.

A protein called haemoglobin in the red blood cells then carries the oxygen around your body. At the same time, carbon dioxide that is dissolved in the blood comes out of the capillaries back into the air sacs, ready to be breathed out.Oxygen and the alveoli

Blood with fresh oxygen is carried from your lungs to the left side of your heart, which pumps blood around your body through the arteries.

Blood without oxygen returns through the veins, to the right side of your heart. From there it is pumped to your lungs so that you can breathe out the carbon dioxide and breathe in more oxygen.

3 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I see that Yeadon has claimed his account was hacked when something offensive was posted on there. So people have done some digging and would appear he has some very questionable views. 

And to think some people hang on to his every word. Every one of these ‘lockdown sceptics’ turns out to be a right wing cunt. All got links to the Tories or Tufton st and right wing think tanks. 

In fact I’ve just done a search of his Twitter account myself. And it’s...well. I genuinely can’t believe people have been quoting this guy even on here when it’s been evident for ages he’s a fucking loon. He’s still going, posting Covid shit now that people are lapping up. 

I’ve had to stop going through his tweets as it’s nauseating. Literally hundreds of tweets on the subject. Very creepy vibe the way he’s talking about it all as well. 

Those tweets have no shares or likes, he was talking to himself this time last year.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

How does oxygen get into the bloodstream?

Inside the air sacs, oxygen moves across paper-thin walls to tiny blood vessels called capillaries and into your blood.

A protein called haemoglobin in the red blood cells then carries the oxygen around your body. At the same time, carbon dioxide that is dissolved in the blood comes out of the capillaries back into the air sacs, ready to be breathed out.Oxygen and the alveoli

Blood with fresh oxygen is carried from your lungs to the left side of your heart, which pumps blood around your body through the arteries.

Blood without oxygen returns through the veins, to the right side of your heart. From there it is pumped to your lungs so that you can breathe out the carbon dioxide and breathe in more oxygen.

And what's that you say?  Doctor's profiting/beneftitting from the adminstration of prescription drugs? Never!!!  How dare you, Sir?

An old GP mate of mine, who nursed many a hangover from drug company hospitality nights, would turn in his grave.

18 minutes ago, skaro said:

And what's that you say?  Doctor's profiting/beneftitting from the adminstration of prescription drugs? Never!!!  How dare you, Sir?

An old GP mate of mine, who nursed many a hangover from drug company hospitality nights, would turn in his grave.

It's a conspiracy though. There's no deals between GP practices and drug companies to take on their products. Honest, guv. 

19 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It's a conspiracy though. There's no deals between GP practices and drug companies to take on their products. Honest, guv. 

Yep, ALL doctors are only in it to save lives... a long, unbroken line going back to Hippocrates.

By the way, how's your cholesterol?  I might have something for it.  

A sample pack was sent to me, along with a beautiful bottle of Burgundy.

4 minutes ago, skaro said:

Yep, ALL doctors are only in it to save lives... a long, unbroken line going back to Hippocrates.

Haha pissing myself here. And they think I'm cynical. 

Brilliant. 

7 hours ago, skaro said:

I’m assuming this is aimed at me.  I made no claim about all doctors, that was shooter.  

As doctors are human there are going to be the full range of people and motives, look at good old Harold.  But to claim all doctors are in it to make money from dealing drugs is fucking mental. I guess about the third term the lecturers get them in a room and reveal the true calling.  Sick of bloody experts.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

I’m assuming this is aimed at me.  I made no claim about all doctors, that was shooter.  

As doctors are human there are going to be the full range of people and motives, look at good old Harold.  But to claim all doctors are in it to make money from dealing drugs is fucking mental. I guess about the third term the lecturers get them in a room and reveal the true calling.  Sick of bloody experts.  

It wasn't aimed at you.

I was having a laugh with Shooter.  Sarcasm.

I am sceptical of the mercantile relationship between doctors and drug companies, or at least have been - I have seen first hand the way drug companies fete GPs.

I work in advertising. Medical advertising is HUGE business.

I am a cynic generally, when it comes to what things are done and why - mainly because of the money/power/influence at stake.

I am not averse to the occasional conspiracy theory.

Put me in a straight jacket, or sue me.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Any links to reputable stuff about it not being transmitted on surfaces? I'd love to be able stop washing my hands every three minutes/quarantining my food shopping etc.

A year into the pandemic, the evidence is now clear. The coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted predominantly through the air — by people talking and breathing out large droplets and small particles called aerosols.

Catching the virus from surfaces — although plausible — seems to be rare (E. Goldman Lancet Infect. Dis. 20, 892–893; 2020).

Despite this, some public-health agencies still emphasize that surfaces pose a threat and should be disinfected frequently. The result is a confusing public message when clear guidance is needed on how to prioritize efforts to prevent the virus spreading.

Now that it is agreed that the virus transmits through the air, in both large and small droplets, efforts to prevent spread should focus on improving ventilation or installing rigorously tested air purifiers. People must also be reminded to wear masks and maintain a safe distance.

At the same time, agencies such as the WHO and the CDC need to update their guidance on the basis of current knowledge. Research on the virus and on COVID-19 moves quickly, so public-health agencies have a responsibility to present clear, up-to-date information that provides what people need to keep themselves and others safe.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00277-8

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Poster said:

A year into the pandemic, the evidence is now clear. The coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted predominantly through the air — by people talking and breathing out large droplets and small particles called aerosols.

Catching the virus from surfaces — although plausible — seems to be rare (E. Goldman Lancet Infect. Dis. 20, 892–893; 2020).

Despite this, some public-health agencies still emphasize that surfaces pose a threat and should be disinfected frequently. The result is a confusing public message when clear guidance is needed on how to prioritize efforts to prevent the virus spreading.

Now that it is agreed that the virus transmits through the air, in both large and small droplets, efforts to prevent spread should focus on improving ventilation or installing rigorously tested air purifiers. People must also be reminded to wear masks and maintain a safe distance.

At the same time, agencies such as the WHO and the CDC need to update their guidance on the basis of current knowledge. Research on the virus and on COVID-19 moves quickly, so public-health agencies have a responsibility to present clear, up-to-date information that provides what people need to keep themselves and others safe.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00277-8

That research is clearly done by DOCTORS being paid by BIG PHARMA to suit their AGENDA

• Upvote 1