You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

While I’m not on board with Freedom Day, I’m even less on board with putting fucking troops and tanks on the streets against your own population. This is a disgrace. It was bang out of order when Blair put them at airports in the week before the anti-Iraq war march, and it’s bang out of order now.

5 minutes ago, Anubis said:

While I’m not on board with Freedom Day, I’m even less on board with putting fucking troops and tanks on the streets against your own population. This is a disgrace. It was bang out of order when Blair put them at airports in the week before the anti-Iraq war march, and it’s bang out of order now.

Have they actually done this? 

So not only is my Alexa spying on me along with my phone, now my vaccine is as well?  

Im going to play them off against each other.

Alexa wont know what hit her tonight when I stand next to her talking in hushed tones to my vaccine about classified shit  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Didn't fucknuts buy water cannon when he was London mayor? He's a libertarian don't ya know.

Three unusable water cannon bought by Boris Johnson when he was mayor of London have been sold for scrap, at a net loss of more than £300,000.

Johnson bought the crowd-control vehicles from the German police in 2014, in anticipation of social unrest, without checking whether they could be used on London’s streets. In one of his most humiliating episodes as mayor, the then home secretary, Theresa May, banned them from use anywhere in England and Wales. It left the capital’s taxpayers with three expensive white elephants.

bf2828abaea834de979891ad33e720bf3dc62b66

The current mayor, Sadiq Khan, pledged to claw back as much money as possible on the redundant vehicles by selling them. But after almost two years the mayor’s office admitted defeat in its attempt to find a reputable buyer.

It announced on Monday that it had agreed to sell the vehicles for just £11,025 to Reclamations Ollerton, a scrap metal yard in Newark, Nottinghamshire.

So, 60% of those hospitalised have had both vaccines.  Can anyone explain why that's not incredibly worrying? I can see why people cite "simple maths the more people vaccinated the more people in hospital will be vaccinated".  But I can't quite join the dots.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

So, 60% of those hospitalised have had both vaccines.  Can anyone explain why that's not incredibly worrying? I can see why people cite "simple maths the more people vaccinated the more people in hospital will be vaccinated".  But I can't quite join the dots.

Probably because on average the people who’ve had both will be far more likely to be in the more vulnerable categories with greater risk factors applying to them. Without the jabs they’d likely have died.

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Probably because on average the people who’ve had both will be far more likely to be in the more vulnerable categories with greater risk factors applying to them. Without the jabs they’d likely have died.

That's a big assumption especially as 60% of the adult population have had both vaccinations. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

"Without the jabs they'd likely have died" what a load of fucking hyperbole.