Quantcast
Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01 - Page 13 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Everton (H) FA Cup - 05/01/2020 - 16:01

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

12/5 looks a reasonable bet to me. I think we might win this 

Sorry DR , I think there will be bright performances here and there but we aren't winning this one.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Sorry DR , I think there will be bright performances here and there but we aren't winning this one.

They're nothing special. We're at home. A decent mix of promising players who could play really well and some established, experienced players. I think this will be a close game 

• Upvote 4

Happy with that team  it's the league we all want so I'm made up a lot of them are being rested for the upcoming more important games 

The FA Cup was great in it's day but that was a long time in the past .

FA Cup finals were never won 6-0 

I’m okay with the team selection. Our injury list is too big for us to take lots of risks and I’m taking it as us disrespecting the blue shite. Looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think thats a ridiculous team selection from Klopp. 

But, maybe a necessary one? 

We're down to about 12 fit first team players. And coming out of the Crimbo fixture pile up. Straight into a potentially fiery derby cup tie. 

Just imagine VVD getting crunched by Calvert-Lewin and bring out for a couple of months. Or Firmino getting his ankle snapped by Holgate. 

It'll be horrible to see these win at our place. If they do. They definitely have it in themselves to "Everton" it up still. 

But, we're a week or so from getting numbers back into the squad. With a few tricky games coming up in the league. A bit of a rest this weekend, then push right on after to sew up our 19th league title. 

The joy of that will easily trump the disappointment of Everton beating our reserves today. 

Let's not forget this is worse for them than Liverpool going to Old Trafford. And they're expected to win. And Big Div is playing. 

Their heads will really be falling off!

1 minute ago, DimReaper said:

They're nothing special. We're at home. A decent mix of promising players who could play really well and some established, experienced players. I think this will be a close game 

Hope you are right DR , but while nothing special they are a reasonable Premiership side while we are three first team players on top of a team that couldn't get through in the Autoscreen trophy or whatever it is these days. I think age and strength will win out unfortunately.

Fucking hell, grow some fucking balls!  This is Liverpool we're talking about, and this is Klopp's Liverpool!  Full volume and intensity from the start and we'll fuck them up!

COME ON RED MEN!

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, moof said:

Really? We talking about the same Everton?

There is a reason the bookies have us at 9/4 for this.

Happy to be proven wrong, but would be very surprised if this side beat them today.

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

But, maybe a necessary one? 

We're down to about 12 fit first team players. And coming out of the Crimbo fixture pile up. Straight into a potentially fiery derby cup tie. 

Just imagine VVD getting crunched by Calvert-Lewin and bring out for a couple of months. Or Firmino getting his ankle snapped by Holgate. 

It'll be horrible to see these win at our place. If they do. They definitely have it in themselves to "Everton" it up still. 

But, we're a week or so from getting numbers back into the squad. With a few tricky games coming up in the league. A bit of a rest this weekend, then push right on after to sew up our 19th league title. 

The joy of that will easily trump the disappointment of Everton beating our reserves today. 

Injuries can happen in any game. I honestly can't believe how many people are 'meh' about this game and the team selection. My bloods boiling. 

• Upvote 3

It'll be a bit like Villa with us controlling the play and them being more direct (and probably more powerful). Had robbo, vvd and allison played I would have really  fancied us. Fear Milner and phillips will be exploited though. Should be goals in this one, let's hope the reds do us proud!

2 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

We're getting our arses handed to us today. Very disappointed with Klopp's attitude to this game. 

Not sure about that but I thought he'd go a bit stronger. Surprised Mo isnt even on the bench and I would have played Alisson behind such a make shift defence.