You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

13 hours ago, Pete said:

It'd be decent a enough shirt without that and the collar not being shit.  That being said kids will probably love it an it'll be a best seller.  

Ultimately replica footy shirts are for kids really so if it appeals to them and makes the club a bomb load of money then i suppose that is main thing, but fucking hell - it just looks shite to me.

• Upvote 1

On 25/03/2024 at 09:47, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Exactly. It's the Liverpool name that sells the shirt, not some Marketing gobshite's "creative concept".

If they really are the kits for next season, it's the shittest collection for 30 years.

Screenshot_2024-03-25-09-45-50-22_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That home kit was crap, but 2021-22 is easily the worst we’ve ever had, in my opinion. It looked like a jarg Roma kit.

92fea728e1f1c52b65451c686d0110d35d8a7f29

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

That home kit was crap, but 2021-22 is easily the worst we’ve ever had, in my opinion. It looked like a jarg Roma kit.

92fea728e1f1c52b65451c686d0110d35d8a7f29

There is a correlation on our opinion of the kits and the performance the team put in in those jersey's.

2 hours ago, No2 said:

There is a correlation on our opinion of the kits and the performance the team put in in those jersey's.

I dunno; that 2013/14 third monstrosity was one of the worst things I've ever seen (right down to the odd socks) but watching Suarez, Sturridge and the rest tear shit up was pure joy.

21 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I dunno; that 2013/14 third monstrosity was one of the worst things I've ever seen (right down to the odd socks) but watching Suarez, Sturridge and the rest tear shit up was pure joy.

As far as shirts go, I think the 13/14 away was actually worse than the third. The latter at least had the badge, maker's logo, and sponsor all in one colour.

We've had some truly shocking kits since binning Adidas.

41 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

As far as shirts go, I think the 13/14 away was actually worse than the third. The latter at least had the badge, maker's logo, and sponsor all in one colour.

I didn’t like any of the kits Adidas made for us in their second spell. Prior to that, the 1989-91 home kit was pretty crap. It’s fondly remembered, as won the league in it, but it looked like it was covered in bird shit.

28th-april-1990-division-1-ronny-rosenth

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Most of the Adidas kits were shite too. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Most of the Adidas kits were shite too. 

True. But I think there's a difference between being a bit shite, in a subjective manner, and some of the truly vomit-inducing design decisions we've seen in more recent years.

That scuba kit, the printer test page 13/14 away, and finally this new badge. They're all a level above "shite" for me, Clive.

I didn’t like any of the kits Adidas made for us in their second spell. Prior to that, the 1989-91 home kit was pretty crap. It’s fondly remembered, as won the league in it, but it looked like it was covered in bird shit.

I remember when that came out I initially thought it was a piss-take. Terrible looking thing. 

All the white on the shorts/socks was almost as bad as the bird shit pattern.

Of course I had the full kit. My main memory of it is that the shorts & socks didn't seem to go with the jersey.

But I agree with Babbs, kits like that one have been well & truly usurped in the last 10 years.

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

All the white on the shorts/socks was almost as bad as the bird shit pattern.

Of course I had the full kit. My main memory of it is that the shorts & socks didn't seem to go with the jersey.

But I agree with Babbs, kits like that one have been well & truly usurped in the last 10 years.

Yeah, most modern football kits are shite, and we’ve had more than our fair share of them.

41 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

True. But I think there's a difference between being a bit shite, in a subjective manner, and some of the truly vomit-inducing design decisions we've seen in more recent years.

That scuba kit, the printer test page 13/14 away, and finally this new badge. They're all a level above "shite" for me, Clive.

I think all kits are getting shitter. If Adidas were still making them, there'd be some shockers to match this. I just think the days of a smart and simple kit are gone, it's like they try to out do the shitness of each other. 

24 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Adidas in the 90s were fucking gash.  The last lot that they had mostly weren't awful, but mostly weren't memorably good, either.

IMG_20240327_194232.jpg

IMG_20240327_194310.jpg

IMG_20240327_194348.jpg

IMG_20240327_194418.jpg

IMG_20240327_194447.jpg

IMG_20240327_194510.jpg

2010-12 makes my top 5 worst Liverpool home kits. It was far too busy.

35 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Can't be right. Wrong sponsor for a training kit. 

I just think DHgate will have labeled it wrong. It’ll be a shirt they sell which will never be officially released. There are a few of them on there, they are selling versions with this seasons kits. 

• Upvote 1