Quantcast
FIFA Club World Cup 2019 - Page 7 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Philtrum

FIFA Club World Cup 2019

Recommended Posts

On 28/11/2019 at 16:11, sir roger said:

Disappointing times in Qatar , the 2005 one was brilliant , going in to work already pissed. 

 

I think this presents a better challenge, in fairness.

 

Have you ever been awake and drunk at the start of 1 Liverpool match to the end of a 2nd?

 

Reds who roll into Birmingham steaming and are in Qatar the next night still dancing will have my eternal kudos*.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira need not apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offal squad:-

Allison, Adrian, Lonergan; Trent, Robertson, van Dijk, Lovren, Gomez, Williams, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Jones, Shaqiri, Elliott, Mané, Salah, Firmino, Brewster, Origi.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/376344-liverpool-fifa-club-world-cup-squad-confirmed

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Villa game is going to be one of the surest bets since McGregor fought Mayweather.    Really hope there's enough idiots backing on name for a nice Xmas bonus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest the main players and play the B team for the first game. Give everyone a nice chance to lounge round Club Tropicana. Then pummel the finalists, become world champions and fly back to england after having a rest and some valuable tanning time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Rest the main players and play the B team for the first game. Give everyone a nice chance to lounge round Club Tropicana. Then pummel the finalists, become world champions and fly back to england after having a rest and some valuable tanning time. 

Listen to George Michael here.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grinch said:

That Villa game is going to be one of the surest bets since McGregor fought Mayweather.    Really hope there's enough idiots backing on name for a nice Xmas bonus. 

Yep.

Brewster, Jones, Elliott and Williams all going to Qatar.  Will we actually have XI players left for the League Cup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Yep.

Brewster, Jones, Elliott and Williams all going to Qatar.  Will we actually have XI players left for the League Cup?

 

You wait for the fewm from other fans when we field the U23/U18 team, oblivious to the fact the Mancs actually jibbed a whole competition in order to participate in the same competition we are jetting off to. I want us to win every tournament or do well in it, but we have to prioritise. The CWC trophy holds a shit more prestige than the Carabou Cup or whatever the fuck it is called. 

You also have to look at it another way. If we were to go through to the next round then klopp would play the youngsters again as we need to rest players for the other stuff. More palatable losing against Villa than one of the Manc teams or Leicester in a S/F whose fans would be oblivious to the fact we played kids. 

Depending what happens against Salzburg we'll probably do the same thing in the F.A cup but will probably play a stronger team than just the kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Standard Sports all of Brewster, Jones, Elliott and Williams will play at Villa before being flown out to meet up with the rest of the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lebron said:

According to Standard Sports all of Brewster, Jones, Elliott and Williams will play at Villa before being flown out to meet up with the rest of the squad.

Not sure they'll be allowed to.

 

Read somewhere squad has to be there before first game and in it's entirety for duration.

 

Not 100% on that but think it may be case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not sure they'll be allowed to.

 

Read somewhere squad has to be there before first game and in it's entirety for duration.

 

Not 100% on that but think it may be case.

Yeah, apparently the rule has been interpreted to that the club (and most of the squad) needs to be there, not the entire group of players listed. That allows the 4 players (possibly someone like Lallana and Keita?) to play the LC before travelling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lebron said:

Yeah, apparently the rule has been interpreted to that the club (and most of the squad) needs to be there, not the entire group of players listed. That allows the 4 players (possibly someone like Lallana and Keita?) to play the LC before travelling.

 

I'm sure FIFA are a shit load more accommodating than the F.A/PL to be somewhat helpful when it comes to such strange and unusual circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably already been said but it's a joke of a competition , much rather win the league cup than some fifa/uefa bullshit tin cup played in yet another country with shocking human rights record .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First game will be against the Mexican team Monterrey. They will take it seriously and probably be dirty physical bastards. Doubt we will get away with playing our reserves. Not every game is as easy as Everton. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They not flying them out the day after?

They can't play over there if they do that apparently. 

 

Isn't going to be pretty for the under 23s at all.  Should have just pulled out tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Grinch said:

They can't play over there if they do that apparently. 

 

Isn't going to be pretty for the under 23s at all.  Should have just pulled out tbh. 

The echo asked FIFA the question about that I think and FIFA didn't give a conclusive reply. I reckon there'll be a way around it. Might even mean loads of flying. Apparently they have to be in Qatar 3 days before. So I'm sure there's a few (league cup players) we could fly in 5 or 6 days before, let the rest of the squad join them, do the press and allow a bunch to fly back for the villa game before returning for the final. 

 

Edit... For the milk cup we have committed to playing a team that resembles what we played in previous rounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×