You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diao looking to leave...

MLB

He is pprobably better than diao and he been dead awhile :P :P

Yeah, but he was captain and scored a great goal for the Greek Football/Philosopher Team in the semi-final against Germany!

(In the sketch that was used as intermission entertainment during Monty Python's Live at the Hollywood Bowl.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In 30 years of watching Liverpool I swear I haven't seen a worse signing than Diao. What was the fee -£5m. Name anyone you like but nobody at that price has been so crap.

I agree... Dundee at £2m was as just as bad business...but at least we got almost the whole fee back when we got rid of him... We will never get £5m for Diao... sadly...

I think Paul Stewart is the closest one to being the worst signing ever...

I'm sorry but Diouf is the worst signing in our history: can't score; can't cross; can't tackle; can't head; one good touch in ten; no pace; stupid snidey grin when arguing with a ref; pathetic playboy lifestyle; £10m (!!!) transfer fee; obscene wages; spits at (admittedly knobhead) fans. He single-handedly convinced me that GH liked a bung (allegedly). Why else would he have signed him?

re. Hermes

How mutch did we pay for Dioméde? £2m? I guess you're right about Diao, but only because of his pricetag. Cheyrou or Dundee maybe? Diouf and He*k*y at £11m should be contenders to imo.

Diomede could actually play though. He just didn't get the chance to early on, and then he just lost interest and became a playboy. He could turn it on when he wanted though, I saw have some class games in the ressies (mixed in with some truly woeful ones too I must add).

What are we doing wrong anyway? We bought Cheyrou when he was in the French squad, we bought Diouf after a fantastic preformance against France and tournament as a whole, we got Diao in stiff competition with other major clubs. So other must have seen something in them too. What?

I understand if we gamble on the likes of Baros and Biscan, whom hasn't shown anything on a higher level. If we do a coupple of missbuys in players like that its understanable. Its not that understandable to miss on "proven" players at a higher level.

I reckon Diomede's career here turned when he had that perfectly good goal against Sunderland disallowed.

As to why we turn good players in to bad that is purely down to Mssr Houllier I'm afraid. Not ONCE did he buy a player and improve him.

Sad but true.

I reckon Diomede's career here turned when he had that perfectly good goal against Sunderland disallowed.

As to why we turn good players in to bad that is purely down to Mssr Houllier I'm afraid. Not ONCE did he buy a player and improve him.

Sad but true.

Hyppia? Henchoz? Hamman? and Gerrard and Carragher improved their games loads under GH.....

Hyppia? Henchoz? Hamman? and Gerrard and Carragher improved their games loads under GH.....

Hamman was already a class act and by his own admission had practically no coaching whatsoever from Le Boss. In fact, he's said on several occasions that he barely even spoke to him in four years.

Hyppia and Henchoz, too, were just class from day one. And they both went backwards anyway for the last 2 years with Sami even being stripped of the Captaincy, so you're not having them I'm afdraid mate.

And both Gerrard and Carra weren't Houllier signings.

Hamman was already a class act and by his own admission had practically no coaching whatsoever from Le Boss. In fact, he's said on several occasions that he barely even spoke to him in four years.

Hyppia and Henchoz, too, were just class from day one. And they both went backwards anyway for the last 2 years with Sami even being stripped of the Captaincy, so you're not having them I'm afdraid mate.

And both Gerrard and Carra weren't Houllier signings.

They weren't Houllier signings but their games developed under GH.....you are trying to make out that every player he signed deteriorated under his leadership, thats just bollocks, H, H & H were good players but imo all became better players at Liverpool and have only gone down hill since because of their age, not Houllier. I think you are being over critical.....for a change!

Although with each of these players being defensive I must admit that I can't think of any attack minded Houllier signing that developed into a better player under his leadership......

Come on UTM, push him a bit harder to get him up to Level 10 on the Ross rantometer for his next fanzine column. Swearing, obscure expressions of abuse and completely stubborn points of view are what we're looking for.

Baros was GHs signing, and I would say he improved during GHs time at the club. Didn't he buy Kirkland too?

GH hardly played Baros though so couldn't really agree that he became better because of GH. And Kirkland's reputation comes from his time at Coventry, he is still yet to build on that at Liverpool, he was injured for most of his time under GH....

Baros was GHs signing, and I would say he improved during GHs time at the club. Didn't he buy Kirkland too?

he also tried his hardest to sell Baros to anyone that would listen! Any improvement in Baros is firmly down to his own self discipline. I also remember that when we signed him he was the "Ostrava Maradonna". Withing months of signing he jsut started to LOOK like Maradonna, ie about 24 fucking stone. Hardly what good coaching gives you, although I'm sure Meeeeelan needs to take some of that responsibilty too.

Kirkland didn't improve under Houllier. He went from 1st choice premiership keeper at Coventry to hardly-used 2nd choice here. No fault of his own of course, but through lack of games we have no measure to say he's improved.

Hyypia is also a far better player than he has been for the last 2 seasons, so the age argument is skewed immediately.

plus, the players you name Mat, ie, the 3 H's were all at the time of signing already at an age where it's almost impossible to change your game and bring it to another level. They were already in their prime, and like you say, (Didi accepted) they all went backwards at some stage under Houlliers tutorship.

he also tried his hardest to sell Baros to anyone that would listen! Any improvement in Baros is firmly down to his own self discipline. I also remember that when we signed him he was the "Ostrava Maradonna". Withing months of signing he jsut started to LOOK like Maradonna, ie about 24 fucking stone. Hardly what good coaching gives you, although I'm sure Meeeeelan needs to take some of that responsibilty too.

Kirkland didn't improve under Houllier. He went from 1st choice premiership keeper at Coventry to hardly-used 2nd choice here. No fault of his own of course, but through lack of games we have no measure to say he's improved.

Hyypia is also a far better player than he has been for the last 2 seasons, so the age argument is skewed immediately.

plus, the players you name Mat, ie, the 3 H's were all at the time of signing already at an age where it's almost impossible to change your game and bring it to another level. They were already in their prime, and like you say, (Didi accepted) they all went backwards at some stage under Houlliers tutorship.

Every player has dips in form........once again this is a thread developing into any excuse to have a pop at Houllier, MOVE ON FFS!

Every player has dips in form........once again this is a thread developing into any excuse to have a pop at Houllier, MOVE ON FFS!

That's harsh amigo. I hardly ever mention him on here and I would have loved to see him succeed.

Dips in form don't last 2 or 3 years.

You're just miffed 'cos I'm always right. ;-)

That's harsh amigo. I hardly ever mention him on here and I would have loved to see him succeed.

Dips in form don't last 2 or 3 years.

You're just miffed 'cos I'm always right. ;-)

......its no fun when you don't bite. Please bring back Geffin, he seems to be the only one who can wind Tom up these days.......are we seeing a new diplomatic Tom era or is it just a dip in form? :-)

......its no fun when you don't bite. Please bring back Geffin, he seems to be the only one who can wind Tom up these days.......are we seeing a new diplomatic Tom era or is it just a dip in form? :-)

Just a dip in form I think mate. Feeling very "at peace with the world" today for some reason. I feel positively vegetarian hippy in fact.

It could just be that I got me nuts last night and any pent up agression has been dealt with.

But I'll get you next time, Gadget... you cunt.

Well...the scary thing is that he has been playing regularely lately... Chelsea,Fulham and Millwall... But i hope what he really means is that he should be picked ahead of Alonso,Gerrard and Hamann... If he does, then it should be easy transferring him to the nearest nut house and claim some money back on the player insurance ;)

Well said Kurt. We need to look into this. Especially the more you hear from and read about Sal. Dave U's Mad, Mad World captions seem spot on.

Good effort on the Ross baiting, UTM. The use of block capitals at the end was a particularly nice touch.